Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shades of Grey

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by Shades of Grey »

Misha is actually a spy for an alien invasion force. The loudness, drill hair, and WAHAHAH are due to poor initial research.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

I have to agree with those who say she probably doesn't have a disability... If she does, I think it's something minor.

They keep on telling us that people don't have to be disabled to go to Yamaku, so maybe that's their hint?
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

personally i think Misha has mental problems. i'm betting shes dyslexic (My friend is dyslexic, just means he takes longer to learn some things, but he picks other things up with ease. maybe Misha picked up Sign Language easily?)

or has cancer and that hair is really a wig...
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Dyslexia is a condition that makes it difficult to read. Their ability to learn should be mostly unimpaired.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Weird to see people with such similar names post next to each other.

Anyway, isn't Yamaku a school for students disabled physically and not mentally? I think some devs said this.
Wren

Post by Wren »

Scarlet Fox wrote: Anyway, isn't Yamaku a school for students disabled physically and not mentally? I think some devs said this.
There was a post on the main blog about Yamaku. It was under Hanako's section.
Front Page Dev Blog wrote:Is Hanako's disability really one? Does she "belong" to Yamaku? While the burns of her severity do have lasting consequences, it's always good to remember that Yamaku is not a hospital. Even non-disabled kids can attend, and Hanako probably is better off in an environment where she's less likely to strike out in a crowd. Hanako, along with Shizune, is a character where I feel we "got it right", and the reader response has been exactly what we anticipated and hoped for.
"They leave. Because they should, or they find someone else. And some of them...some of them, forget me. I suppose in the end....they break my heart." - Tenth Doctor talking about his companions.

BG Artist - Somnova Studios - Missing Stars Project
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

I do wonder how many non-disabled children would choose to attend a school specifically tailored for disabled children. It doesn't seem like the kind of place parents would choose and it isn't a public school either. I could see the children of the staff maybe attending, but it doesn't make sense for there to be many normal kids there.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Have you seen the facilities? I mean, sure, I live in New Zealand (Therefore putting its technology level into shit-all department), but a High school that a) has a track and b) has a pool and c) has a dorm section and d) Isn't a shitty building or staff school is something that most anyone would be slathering to send their kids to, disabled or not.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

ContinualNaba wrote:Have you seen the facilities? I mean, sure, I live in New Zealand (Therefore putting its technology level into shit-all department), but a High school that a) has a track and b) has a pool and c) has a dorm section and d) Isn't a shitty building or staff school is something that most anyone would be slathering to send their kids to, disabled or not.
Since I can't point out an exact spot i'll only say that from memory I think someone talked about the school being very expensive. I believe it was at the beginning when the doctors are telling Hisao's parents about the school. Even if it has all those things if a person really doesn't need to go there I think they are less likely to go just because of the facilities. And the part with students who don't have disabilities attending might have something to do with having money or future plans in disabled care or health in some way.
Maybe Misha is just a rich girl :lol:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

ContinualNaba wrote:Have you seen the facilities? I mean, sure, I live in New Zealand (Therefore putting its technology level into shit-all department), but a High school that a) has a track and b) has a pool and c) has a dorm section and d) Isn't a shitty building or staff school is something that most anyone would be slathering to send their kids to, disabled or not.
Its true that they have fairly nice facilities, (most schools i know of have tracks and pools though). The thing is that most of their funding goes into the facilities, special equipment, and medical staff, so less will go towards the teachers. As such, it probably isn't as good a place to get a normal education as other private schools. Since its a private school and not a normal one, most local people would probably go to other schools. (it seems unreasonable to say that there are no other schools in the area) Also, not many parents would choose to send their children to a school for the disabled if their child did not need it. Think about it, a normal kid in a crowd of disabled people is going to feel out of place. Finally, a lot of the classes need to be tailored to suit the special needs of its students, so normal kids would likely have a very strange experience. All in all, its not a school most parents would choose to send their children to if they are already willing to pay for such pricey a private school.

[edit] even if the child had plans to become involved in disabled care, the school is not geared to teaching such material. Sure, they would get to see how the facilities worked and how the staff operated, but the actual education of the school is most likely going to be less advanced to accommodate everyone's special needs. Hisao's several month long break from schooling is prime example.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I guess this is one of those things where thinking too hard isn't going to gleam anything further about the future plot twists. Oh well.

Which reminds me, are there any theories as to future Misha plot twists?

Me? I think she's gonna die.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

ContinualNaba wrote: Me? I think she's gonna die.
As long as I don't have to deal with another School Days issue, then I could survive that plot twist.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

ContinualNaba wrote:Me? I think she's gonna die.
Now way. :(

I don't have any justified theories. Though, I like the thought of her turning around Kenji as indicated on the Shimmie in the picture below. With her temper, I think she's the only girl who could possibly change his misogynistic ways. She would just force herself onto him and annoy the hell out of him until he starts to miss her when she's not around. It would make a funny and interesting subplot in the Shizune path of the game.[shimmie]660[/shimmie]

I could also imagine Misha having an argument with Shizune because both of them like Hisao.
And in the end, they decide to share him between the two of them. :twisted:
ContinualNaba wrote:Me? I think she's gonna die.
neumanproductions wrote:As long as I don't have to deal with another School Days issue, then I could survive that plot twist.
But Misha wouldn't. :twisted:
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

My school has a track and pool (and tennis courts and baseball field, etc.) and it's a public school.
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

As far as I am aware, most public schools on the west coast of america in a city of any substantial size have facilities like tracks, pools, tennis courts etc... Still, Yamaku's facilities seem better than a regular school judging by their gate and the interior of the hallways and stuff (I honestly thought the pictures were taken from Harvard when I first saw them). As far as I am aware (never actually been to Japanese schools so judging by anime) most schools do have tracks and stuff in Japan.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
and the world appears
all in shades of grey