The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

FelOnyx

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by FelOnyx »

Hisao, thanks to fantastic luck and advancing medical technology, dies at the age of 80, with (insert waifu of choice here) at his side, and surrounded by children and grandchildren, none of whom inherited his condition.
(Does not apply to hypothetical Saki route. Also doubtful in Rika route, even if she lives just as long as he does, she probably won't be having kids. They might still adopt, though)

After a theoretical Saki route, she eventually creates a successful line of men's clothing. When asked, she says it started when she was trying to convince her husband to wear more fashionable outfits, and it spiraled out of control from there. To her dismay, however, he never did get rid of the sweatervests.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Khalego wrote:… no matter how he denies it, Mutou's a lonely old shit and needs somebody to play cupid.
My head canon covers how he got that way, why he remained that way for so long, and how he ended up not being a lonely old shit anymore. Enjoy… :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

FelOnyx wrote:After a theoretical Saki route, she eventually creates a successful line of men's clothing. When asked, she says it started when she was trying to convince her husband to wear more fashionable outfits, and it spiraled out of control from there. To her dismay, however, he never did get rid of the sweatervests.
In fact, he was buried in one.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

emmjay wrote:
FelOnyx wrote:After a theoretical Saki route, she eventually creates a successful line of men's clothing. When asked, she says it started when she was trying to convince her husband to wear more fashionable outfits, and it spiraled out of control from there. To her dismay, however, he never did get rid of the sweatervests.
Saki would've died first, but I suppose Hisao would've made that decision, probably as a final "You cant make me get rid of these saki"
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

emmjay wrote:
FelOnyx wrote:...To her dismay, however, he never did get rid of the sweatervests.
10/10
I don't think that's even headcanon, that deserves to be 100% canonical
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
d2r

Post by d2r »

My only real headcanon is that Kenji and Yuuko didn't date in the past and the overlaps are just coincidental, mainly because I'm perverse enough to like going against the grain. Also I think they're a terrible pairing, although presumably that would be why they broke up, I guess. :p

EDIT: Oh, and I guess I always assumed that Miki had a steady boyfriend during the events of the game, which would qualify as headcanon. I dunno why; it's just the impression I got the first time I played Hanako's route (the one in which she appears).
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

d2r wrote:EDIT: Oh, and I guess I always assumed that Miki had a steady boyfriend during the events of the game, which would qualify as headcanon. I dunno why; it's just the impression I got the first time I played Hanako's route (the one in which she appears).
She seems like that kind of girl who's very friendly towards you, but you find out later that she has a boyfriend, and was literally just being friendly.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Whereas I see her as being a lesbian, and while she doesn't really hide it, she also doesn't advertise it. The more astute friends of hers have figured this out already (and my headcanon is that her closest friend is the track captain, and even if he hadn't figured it out (he has), he's gay too, so...). However, because she isn't exactly out, when she's shooting the shit with her friends about girls, most of her friends think she's just trying to fit in with the guys (not realizing that she's talking about her own interests), and she regularly has to shoot down confessions from them.

I can't decide whether she knows this and uses it to her advantage, or if she's oblivious to what she's doing.

Also, the track captain has many facepalm-worthy moments due to having to deal with Miki and Emi (his two closest friends) not getting along.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Tomboy ≠ Lesbian.

I personally see Miki swinging both ways.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

KeiichiO wrote:Tomboy ≠ Lesbian.

I personally see Miki swinging both ways.
This basically.

Miki seems a kinda "I dont care that you're a girl, lets bang. Dont forgot though, a dick is nice too." person
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

I am so tempted to write a fanfic where Miki is asexual and aromantic, just to piss everybody off.

Actually, I think she likes boys, but doesn't consider them nearly as much of a priority as other girls her age. Although I could more easily see her as a lesbian than any of the route girls, but that may just be because we know less about her.

d2r

Post by d2r »

KeiichiO wrote:
d2r wrote:EDIT: Oh, and I guess I always assumed that Miki had a steady boyfriend during the events of the game, which would qualify as headcanon. I dunno why; it's just the impression I got the first time I played Hanako's route (the one in which she appears).
She seems like that kind of girl who's very friendly towards you, but you find out later that she has a boyfriend, and was literally just being friendly.
I think it's because I assumed the guy she left with (who we learn in Emi's route is the Track Captain) was her boyfriend - I played Hanako's route first, so at the time I didn't have the benefit of the context into the track team which Emi's route provides.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Kenji's parents forgive his weirdness and school failure because he is legally blind.
I don't know why, maybe because of the fact that his father let him build a fort "as it improves his dexterity"*, and Kenji don't seem bothered by the fact that he don't get a graduation from high school, so I think his parents will let him live at home and become a NEET largely because he is blind.(sadly, it's not like a blind man without qualification could only survive alone)

*Or perhaps that his disability is degenerative and he will become completely blind.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
brythain

Post by brythain »

Zarys wrote:Kenji's parents forgive his weirdness and school failure because he is legally blind.
My headcanon about Kenji is that he grows up to be the sanest and most well-balanced of all the Yamaku graduates from his year, but that's because he has a lot of tragedy in his life that he's been keeping from everybody by being a joker and telling weird stories. The scene in which he takes his glasses off reveals some of the true Kenji. And in the end, no matter which girl Hisao ends up with, he becomes Hisao's drinking buddy.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

I tend to think that while Kenji's parents aren't as crazy as he is, if you were to meet them, you'd see where he gets it. I also don't think Hisao kept in touch with Kenji after graduation. (Unless maybe Kenji kept asking to borrow money.)