The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain »

Khalego wrote:I also submit, more realistically, "Who/where the hell are Rin's parents anyway?" (from the Random KS Discussion thread)
In my headcanon they're slightly odd theatre folk who live on Tsushima, are actually Koreans who have adopted Japanese names, and didn't know how to handle Rin. But they had a friend who knew this guy named Nomiya…
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

brythain wrote:
Khalego wrote:I also submit, more realistically, "Who/where the hell are Rin's parents anyway?" (from the Random KS Discussion thread)
In my headcanon they're slightly odd theatre folk who live on Tsushima, are actually Koreans who have adopted Japanese names, and didn't know how to handle Rin. But they had a friend who knew this guy named Nomiya…
In my headcanon (Which is also going into my fics once i get round to writing it) Rins mother is a serious salary woman who simply didnt approve of Rins less than normal antics, and her father is a not so serious individual but simply went along with his wife (Bit of a sub) but did encourage Rin with her art, even when he thought that wasnt what his wife wanted.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Jellyfish

Post by Jellyfish »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
brythain wrote:
In my headcanon (Which is also going into my fics once i get round to writing it) Rins mother is a serious salary woman who simply didnt approve of Rins less than normal antics, and her father is a not so serious individual but simply went along with his wife (Bit of a sub) but did encourage Rin with her art, even when he thought that wasnt what his wife wanted.
Didn't Nomiya state in Rin's route that her parents were very supportive? o.o
No one picked the username Jellyfish? Seriously? Ok..
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

My thinking is that Rin's parents are similar to Hisao's: They do care for her, but they're somewhat distant and have fairly demanding jobs that don't leave them much time to spend with her.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

Jellyfish wrote:Didn't Nomiya state in Rin's route that her parents were very supportive? o.o
In my headcanon, when Nomiya says that, he really means, "The parents don't interfere with whatever plans I inflict on Rin."
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Jellyfish

Post by Jellyfish »

brythain wrote:
Jellyfish wrote:Didn't Nomiya state in Rin's route that her parents were very supportive? o.o
In my headcanon, when Nomiya says that, he really means, "The parents don't interfere with whatever plans I inflict on Rin."
Never really thought about it like that, I think I may have gained +1 dislike point towards Nomiya, heh.
No one picked the username Jellyfish? Seriously? Ok..
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Jellyfish wrote:
brythain wrote:
Never really thought about it like that, I think I may have gained +1 dislike point towards Nomiya, heh.
No one sane likes nomiya anyway :D
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

emmjay wrote:My thinking is that Rin's parents are similar to Hisao's: They do care for her, but they're somewhat distant and have fairly demanding jobs that don't leave them much time to spend with her.

I think Rin's parents don't take her problems seriously and just think she's original and artistic, are not exactly thrilled about it but accept it well (if still a little upset and worried by this unconventional professional orientation) since she
she seems to have a real chance to have a career, a somewhat positive response on the spectrum of reactions of parents who have a child who wants to be an artist.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

My secondary headcanon on Rin's personality is that her strange ways and personality come from growing up without arms.
I haven't actually gone out of my way to look deeper into this because I don't really care that much, but maybe growing up without arms has effected Rin's closeness to other people.

Imagine how much different you would be if you grew up unable to hold your mother's hand as you crossed the street.
What would be different if you couldn't High-5 your friends?
Hug your parents?
Wipe your own tears after you couldn't protect your face when you fell over?
Shake hands with someone?
Play Tennis?
Catch a ball?
Write your name?
How many times has Young Rin had a cupboard door fall closed on her and she's been stuck in said room for hours before anyone noticed?

That has to have had an effect on the poor sod.

All this considered, by main headcanon on the topic is that Rin has Autism.
She just seems like she does.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Munchenhausen wrote:All this considered, by main headcanon on the topic is that Rin has Autism.
My feelings as well. With the exception of the first sex scene in the atelier, I felt the story could have been identical if Rin had arms and had the same impact. Out of all the different girls, she was the one I felt wasn't reshaped, defined by, or remolded by her disability, at least to the extent the others were.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Munchenhausen wrote:My secondary headcanon on Rin's personality is that her strange ways and personality come from growing up without arms.
I haven't actually gone out of my way to look deeper into this because I don't really care that much, but maybe growing up without arms has effected Rin's closeness to other people.

Imagine how much different you would be if you grew up unable to hold your mother's hand as you crossed the street.
What would be different if you couldn't High-5 your friends?
Hug your parents?
Wipe your own tears after you couldn't protect your face when you fell over?
Shake hands with someone?
Play Tennis?
Catch a ball?
Write your name?
How many times has Young Rin had a cupboard door fall closed on her and she's been stuck in said room for hours before anyone noticed?

That has to have had an effect on the poor sod.
... That's quite the interesting thought, as well as a rather sad one, what with all those examples you left. I think that it goes without saying that a lack of arms is going to have an effect on your life. Whether they are of the positive or negative variety is completely up to one's attitude. I'm sure that Rin, or anybody who was born without/lost their arms, has had some troubles doing certain things throughout their life, however, I think that with the right attitude and environment, you can live life without even realizing that you're missing limbs.
All this considered, by main headcanon on the topic is that Rin has Autism.
We all try to find ways to make inexplicable things understandable. I also subscribe to this headcanon, as it just makes sense in my head.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Still sticking to my Rin has Alexthymia not autism headcanon.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Still sticking to my Rin has Alexthymia not autism headcanon.
Both seem to do a decently good job in explaining her predicaments. I simply have more experience and knowledge of autism, therefore, I project that experience onto her. I could be wrong in doing so, but whatev's. This is the headcanon thread.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Again with the "OH, THIS CHARACTER HAS AUTISM!" bit...Maybe Naruto has autism. He's really loud and socially dense, those are some symptoms, right? (It's a pet peeve, sue me.)

New headcanon: Kenji's father was a comic artist who collapsed dead from overwork. As his wife was discovering the body, a young Kenji walked in. Being small and dumb like every other child ever, he pieced together the limited information presented as "Mama done killed mah pa!" and became so traumatized that it led to a life-long obsession with female conspiracy for which he has made up a fictional excuse to block out the original traumatic incident.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Khalego wrote:Again with the "OH, THIS CHARACTER HAS AUTISM!" bit...Maybe Naruto has autism. He's really loud and socially dense, those are some symptoms, right? (It's a pet peeve, sue me.)

New headcanon: Kenji's father was a comic artist who collapsed dead from overwork. As his wife was discovering the body, a young Kenji walked in. Being small and dumb like every other child ever, he pieced together the limited information presented as "Mama done killed mah pa!" and became so traumatized that it led to a life-long obsession with female conspiracy for which he has made up a fictional excuse to block out the original traumatic incident.
At least my headcanon has a wee bit more in-game relevance and logic put into it than most of what you've ever come up with. *shots fired*

Also, Naruto was constantly ignored and loathed by his entire village for most of his life. I think that justifies his social ineptness. But enough of that.