Who was emi ibarazakis last realationship with?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Who was emi ibarazakis last realationship with?

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:Why are you so intensely convinced that Emi hates emotional relationships? Just because she has trouble with them, it doesn't follow that she's this dumb person who only desires sex. I feel like I keep explaining this and somewhere the explanation is being lost.
I'm not. I'm intensely convinced that she hates anyone daring to try to have an actual relationship with her, because she herself proves as much throughout the route. Hell, the bad end might as well just read "I'm sick of you trying to actually be close to me so fuck off forever, kthnxbai!"
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I don't think she hates anyone having an actual relationship with her, her PTSD prevents her from coping with it.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

bhtooefr wrote:I don't think she hates anyone having an actual relationship with her, her PTSD prevents her from coping with it.
That's the difference that I keep trying to explain. She doesn't hate it. She wants it. She doesn't know how to react to it though which complicates things and makes it look like she doesn't want it.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:I don't think she hates anyone having an actual relationship with her, her PTSD prevents her from coping with it.
That's the difference that I keep trying to explain. She doesn't hate it. She wants it. She doesn't know how to react to it though which complicates things and makes it look like she doesn't want it.
I never saw it as a coping issue, more as a self-protective measure. If she doesn't have a commitment then she can't be hurt again, but of course it's difficult to consciously stop feelings like she gets... and most the time it's impossible. To me it seems almost like fear.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
I never saw it as a coping issue, more as a self-protective measure. If she doesn't have a commitment then she can't be hurt again, but of course it's difficult to consciously stop feelings like she gets... and most the time it's impossible. To me it seems almost like fear.
That's probably a better way of putting it, honestly. She even says that she's afraid of losing Hisao at the grave scene.
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:makes it look like she doesn't want it.

So, she wants it. But doesn't know how to react so it looks like she doesn't. Now, simple logic would suggest that if she wants something, she should react in a way that shows this...Because that is not at all difficult to figure out. But nope!

She just...Continues behaving in a way that reinforces the impression of her wanting no part of any legit relationship, and even dumps Hisao when he continues attempting to forge a more meaningful connection than "we kiss sometimes, and fuck a lot", leading to losing him which is the very thing she sought to avoid (somehow) by insuring it would happen.

So she doesn't hate relationships. Her phobia just rendered her somehow incapable of any logical thought whatsoever.

...I think "she hates relationships" is a far better impression, all things considered. :lol: PTSD can only go so far to excuse an apparent total lack of reasonable thinking on these matters over however many years.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

For what it's worth, anxiety disorders can totally explain her problem. She WANTS to get past her problems, but she can't, so she pushes as far as she can towards it, and panics and runs sideways away from the problem.

Source: Someone who has crippling anxiety due to a fear of romantic rejection. (That is, me.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

Potato wrote:So, she wants it. But doesn't know how to react so it looks like she doesn't. Now, simple logic would suggest that if she wants something, she should react in a way that shows this...Because that is not at all difficult to figure out. But nope!
That's not how people work. She can want something and not know how to go after it. Or she can want it but also be afraid of it. Or she can want it but not really be sure if she wants it because there are all these reasons to not want it but goddamn his sweater vest is so dreamy and what the hell is wrong with me now I'm crying why am I crying stop it you stupid little girl you're stronger than this fuck it I'm going for a run.

Emotions tend to complicate things, especially when past trauma is in play.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

If I could logic myself out of social anxiety and depression, believe me, I would. Doesn't even sort of work that way. :|
Potato

Post by Potato »

ksfan1989 wrote:
Potato wrote:So, she wants it. But doesn't know how to react so it looks like she doesn't. Now, simple logic would suggest that if she wants something, she should react in a way that shows this...Because that is not at all difficult to figure out. But nope!
That's not how people work. She can want something and not know how to go after it. Or she can want it but also be afraid of it. Or she can want it but not really be sure if she wants it because there are all these reasons to not want it but goddamn his sweater vest is so dreamy and what the hell is wrong with me now I'm crying why am I crying stop it you stupid little girl you're stronger than this fuck it I'm going for a run.

Emotions tend to complicate things, especially when past trauma is in play.
Sweatervests are never dreamy. Ever.

If she wanted past her problems, I'm sure Yamaku has people for that. Even if not specifically designated to council students, I've gotta think Mutou or Nurse with their X-Men powers of lecture-induced epiphanies could've helped her along. Hell, she has a mother, helping the offspring with problems is her job. Why hadn't Meiko ever bothered trying to resolve any of this? Why hadn't Emi ever sought help?

Trauma/fear making you fail rational thought forever, fine, it happens. But just plain not trying to get better, despite obviously wanting to be better, is ridiculous even for a trauma case.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Potato wrote:If she wanted past her problems, I'm sure Yamaku has people for that. Even if not specifically designated to council students, I've gotta think Mutou or Nurse with their X-Men powers of lecture-induced epiphanies could've helped her along. Hell, she has a mother, helping the offspring with problems is her job. Why hadn't Meiko ever bothered trying to resolve any of this? Why hadn't Emi ever sought help?
It's implied that both Nurse and Meiko have tried. Emi has never sought help because, until now, it hasn't been a big deal to her. "These things happen."
Trauma/fear making you fail rational thought forever, fine, it happens. But just plain not trying to get better, despite obviously wanting to be better, is ridiculous even for a trauma case.
The thing is, it doesn't really affect her day-to-day life beyond stuff that can be easily chalked up to typical teenage bullshit. It mostly affects her ability to form romantic relationships. The fact that she makes as much progress as she does on just her second go-round on that front is pretty impressive, really.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Miki says she prefers to hang out with the guy and doesn't seem to think all that highly of Emi. I can't help but wonder if she's friends with Emi's ex-.
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oddball wrote:Miki says she prefers to hang out with the guy and doesn't seem to think all that highly of Emi. I can't help but wonder if she's friends with Emi's ex-.
Huh. It could be that, but it also could be Miki being over-competitive. She is being beaten by Emi in the one race we get to actually see her run, and while it doesn't look like much, her lead is fairly decent for a sprinting race.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Just for kicks...

Why not make an OC out of it or--you know--a fanfic based on Emi's ex's POV or something?

Or has it been covered?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Megumeru wrote:Just for kicks...

Why not make an OC out of it or--you know--a fanfic based on Emi's ex's POV or something?

Or has it been covered?
I know I saw one like that on the boards several months ago that had run a few chapters in, but I can't find it now, so presumably it's been abandoned. The ex seemed to be a pretty obvious self-insert, and the story was likewise pretty obviously headed for him getting back together with Emi, but given that it wasn't that bad.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!