Did Akira even get a degree for that corporate job?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

cyanidepony

Akira's career

Post by cyanidepony »

A simple thing that caught my eye. How comes Akira gets to be a lawyer without a diploma? And even gets promoted? gzhdiuQAHGSDIF It's just something that bothers me.
Also, general "glitch in the story" topic.
ProfAllister

Re: Akira's career

Post by ProfAllister »

cyanidepony wrote:A simple thing that caught my eye. How comes Akira gets to be a lawyer without a diploma? And even gets promoted? gzhdiuQAHGSDIF It's just something that bothers me.
Also, general "glitch in the story" topic.
When did it say she didn't have a diploma? Their parents left them when she was 19 and Lilly was 12. 6 years later, Akira's 25. Lilly seems to have lived relatively independently, it's implied that they get/got a generous stipend from their parents for living expenses. Akira could have easily been going through law school in that time period.

HOWEVER

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_education#Japan

Prior to legislation in 2004, it was entirely exam-based. Meaning that it would not only have been possible, but normal, for Akira to become a lawyer without a degree. The story takes place in 2007, meaning the Satous left Japan in 2001. Law exams didn't require a degree until 2006. QED.

Depending on how believable you may consider that, there's also nepotism.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
cyanidepony

Post by cyanidepony »

Oopsie, I guess I've misunderstood it then. I thought Akira is 19 years old at the time.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

cyanidepony wrote:A simple thing that caught my eye. How comes Akira gets to be a lawyer without a diploma? And even gets promoted?
Sex.
demonix

Post by demonix »

Maybe you should have done a search of the forum since there is already a thread on this subject.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Snow_Storm wrote:
cyanidepony wrote:A simple thing that caught my eye. How comes Akira gets to be a lawyer without a diploma? And even gets promoted?
Sex.
This doesn't not make sense.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Mint wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:
Sex.
This doesn't not make sense.
It does. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)