No
9%
Kinda Sorta
22%

Total votes: 82

Xanatos

Re: IT IS TOO CUTE

Post by Xanatos »

acewing905 wrote:I want to motivate people to learn Japanese and experience more VNs, so I think I'll keep the cuteness. :P (Not that it's going to work, but meh.)
My motivation to learn Japanese came from Gal Gun, which is MUCH too Japanese to ever be translated into English. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Xanatos wrote:
acewing905 wrote:I want to motivate people to learn Japanese and experience more VNs, so I think I'll keep the cuteness. :P (Not that it's going to work, but meh.)
My motivation to learn Japanese came from Gal Gun, which is MUCH too Japanese to ever be translated into English. :lol:
Stuff with much more text has been translated by ardent fans. But Gal Gun not being on PC would ensure that it isn't going to receive a fan translation. And frankly, I don't see the appeal in it, unless of course, it's also another cuteness galore game.

Anyway, I'll stop derailing the thread after this, by telling anyone who knows Japanese to try out Kamikaze Explorer for uber cuteness. ;)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

acewing905 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Stuff with much more text has been translated by ardent fans. But Gal Gun not being on PC would ensure that it isn't going to receive a fan translation. And frankly, I don't see the appeal in it, unless of course, it's also another cuteness galore game.

Anyway, I'll stop derailing the thread after this, by telling anyone who knows Japanese to try out Kamikaze Explorer for uber cuteness. ;)
It's...Uh...Not exactly. xD

I've heard of Kamikaze Explorer...Might look into it sometime.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
ojamamask

Post by ojamamask »

How did you guys learn Japanese? I think it's prime time I should learn another language apart from German.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ojamamask wrote:How did you guys learn Japanese? I think it's prime time I should learn another language apart from German.
A combination of Rosetta Stone, memorization of hiragana charts, and moekana cards, as well as various personal methods.
luciume

Post by luciume »

KS isn't K-ON (cute girls doing cute things) or Chi's Sweet Home (cat's are always cute! imo)

KS tugs at my heartstrings...even makes me hold my breath at certain points from the suspension. An example is when there is happy upbeat music then all of a sudden it stops, and it is just the text. Every word then sounds so serious, and I expect something terrible to be said/happen. Though, they always trick me and they all go back to being upbeat and happy with sound ; __;
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

luciume wrote:KS isn't K-ON (cute girls doing cute things) or Chi's Sweet Home (cat's are always cute! imo)

KS tugs at my heartstrings...even makes me hold my breath at certain points from the suspension. An example is when there is happy upbeat music then all of a sudden it stops, and it is just the text. Every word then sounds so serious, and I expect something terrible to be said/happen. Though, they always trick me and they all go back to being upbeat and happy with sound ; __;
A cat would tug at your heartstrings, literally, given the chance. Cute but evil, even Chi.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Xanatos wrote:
luciume wrote:KS isn't K-ON (cute girls doing cute things) or Chi's Sweet Home (cat's are always cute! imo)

A cat would tug at your heartstrings, literally, given the chance. Cute but evil, even Chi.

That's why we love cats though, isn't it? That's their most human quality, the capacity to kill completely without reason.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pyramid Head wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

That's why we love cats though, isn't it? That's their most human quality, the capacity to kill completely without reason.
Dolphins kill for fun. Hyenas for lulz.
Dream

Post by Dream »

I think beautiful or cathartic would be a much more appropiate term for Katawa Shoujo than cute could ever be.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:I think beautiful or cathartic would be a much more appropiate term for Katawa Shoujo than cute could ever be.
Watch Hanako smile and say that.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:I think beautiful or cathartic would be a much more appropiate term for Katawa Shoujo than cute could ever be.
Curiously i was thinking of Hanako's smile when i wrote that, then again i was thinking of rather important/specific events in the game (Her smile in the good ending, a while after "Innocence" fades out, and the part in Act 1 the day before the festival where Hisao spends some time in the library with her, and she tries to thank him for spending time with her) And besides that she reminds a lot of a very dear friend of mine whom i had a very... rocky relationship with, so there's that too. I... Actually don't think that made any sense, sorry.

Actually i think Hisao himself put it better than i ever could, she smiles so rarely and sincerely, so honestly, that every time she smiles it is... Really moving, to put it in a way.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Curiously i was thinking of Hanako's smile when i wrote that, then again i was thinking of rather important/specific events in the game (Her smile in the good ending, a while after "Innocence" fades out, and the part in Act 1 the day before the festival where Hisao spends some time in the library with her, and she tries to thank him for spending time with her) And besides that she reminds a lot of a very dear friend of mine whom i had a very... rocky relationship with, so there's that too. I... Actually don't think that made any sense, sorry.

Actually i think Hisao himself put it better than i ever could, she smiles so rarely and sincerely, so honestly, that every time she smiles it is... Really moving, to put it in a way.
Speaking of Hanako...

Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Speaking of Hanako...

We all know that she tastes like bacon, Kevin Bacon, that is
EMI'S SUPER DUPER RACE OF AWESOME 1st Place: Emi 2nd Place: Rin 3rd Place: Hiaso
<(^_^>)======(T_T)====<(0_0>)===
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pillow wrote:
Speaking of Hanako...

We all know that she tastes like bacon, Kevin Bacon, that is
You know who else tastes like bacon? Kevin Bacon.

And just in general, if you can't take much cute, avoid Japanese stuff. Cute's a big thing over there. :lol: