4chan's KS Poll Link

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: 4chan's KS Poll Link

Post by Oddball »

Tomate wrote:
Synthus wrote:Shizunebros assemble!

I suspect we don't even have enough to get to 'HEART!' :lol:
Can i be Fire or Wind? Heart is a stupid power.
Hisao only wishes he had the power to control Heart.
Shizune is the main choice for those who prefer to play the game as a confident Hisao, not a Weepy Whelp like most of the routes.
If by that you mean you get to read about a guy that does whatever Shizune tells him without question and the player gets no input into it, then I suppose you have a point.
Not Dead Yet
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Ah Eh I Oh You still horribly underrated, I see.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Oddball wrote: If by that you mean you get to read about a guy that does whatever Shizune tells him without question and the player gets no input into it, then I suppose you have a point.
You can replace 'confident' with 'competent' if it helps.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:
Oddball wrote: If by that you mean you get to read about a guy that does whatever Shizune tells him without question and the player gets no input into it, then I suppose you have a point.
It really doesn't. Shizune's route just means you're dealing with a Hisao that apparently likes getting bossed around.
Not Dead Yet
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Oddball wrote:
WorldlyWiseman wrote:
It really doesn't. Shizune's route just means you're dealing with a Hisao that apparently likes getting bossed around.
Well I think Competent Hisao is better than Bad-advice Hisao, No-future Hisao or Your-boundaries-are-stupid Hisao
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

inquisitivenegro wrote: Well I think Competent Hisao is better than Bad-advice Hisao, No-future Hisao or Your-boundaries-are-stupid Hisao
I wouldn't call Shizune's route competent Hisao. More like I-have-no-backbone-or-freewill Hisao. Personally, I prefer a Hisao that actually is able to make his own choices (good or bad) and actually manages to connect emotionally to another person. To each their own though.

I do find it somewhat interesting that Hisao's only choice in Shizune's route is "Do I want to sleep with somebody other than Shizune?" In other people's routes it doesn't even cross his mind to sleep with anybody other than the girl he sets his eyes on.

Anyway, let's not turn this into another topic about how Shizune is such a horrible character, because we already have enough of those. Go pull one of the other older topic up if you want to continue there. I think we've already strayed enough as is, and I will admit it's partially my fault on this one.
Not Dead Yet
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Oddball wrote:
inquisitivenegro wrote: Well I think Competent Hisao is better than Bad-advice Hisao, No-future Hisao or Your-boundaries-are-stupid Hisao
I wouldn't call Shizune's route competent Hisao. More like I-have-no-backbone-or-freewill Hisao. Personally, I prefer a Hisao that actually is able to make his own choices (good or bad) and actually manages to connect emotionally to another person. To each their own though.

I do find it somewhat interesting that Hisao's only choice in Shizune's route is "Do I want to sleep with somebody other than Shizune?" In other people's routes it doesn't even cross his mind to sleep with anybody other than the girl he sets his eyes on.

Anyway, let's not turn this into another topic about how Shizune is such a horrible character, because we already have enough of those. Go pull one of the other older topic up if you want to continue there. I think we've already strayed enough as is, and I will admit it's partially my fault on this one.
I haven't even punch a few notes, but you're the instigating another full-blown war again. I'd watch where you'll put your next step if I were you--might hit another landmine.

And again, it's not Shizune's route we're talking. It's Hisao's personality in each of the route.

'Competent Hisao'? I prefer calling it 'Responsible Hisao', but to each of their own. It's the same nonetheless.
So in each of the routes...

Rin:
- Curious Hisao
Hanako:
- Understanding Hisao
Emi:
- Patient (wise, maybe?) Hisao

Funny how I don't see Hisao faring any better in Lilly's route. It strikes me how both of them tries to hide or ignore the problem entirely rather than solve it and sees each other as a means of 'escape' from reality. Then again, maybe that's why it's the easiest to catch on. An 'Escapist' Hisao. Both of them are still living in a world littered by their own unsolved problem, but since the story cuts at that scene only time will tell; I don't think it'll last though, it reeks of puppy love.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

People that don't understand Shizune or Rin makes me sad
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Oddball wrote:

Nah Man, you are missing the point here.

Hisao is way more confident and active on Shizune's route, is the only route where he asks the girl out (imagine that!) and he does it on the second chapter, during the Festival. There is no lolly gaging or awkward fumbling with words, he thinks "hmm, i like Her" and then he ASKS HER OUT. And she says yes. Simple as day, and really effective.

Thats the simple elegance of shizune route, a relationship that starts from affection and determination. And Surprise Bondage.

*Raises Shield*
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Ah Eh I Oh You still horribly underrated, I see.
That and Standing Tall. Most underrated character themes in the game.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

I agree that Hisao is a lot more assetive in Shizune's route than in any another. It is great to see him make the decisions to confess, join a club (student council), take concrete steps to get closer to the one that he loves (learn JSL, insisting on accompany Shizune on vacation), etc. In every other route he is other just passively along for the ride, or his assertive decision options get punished :P

The polls seem to indicate that most people don't understand Shisune, and to me that's cool. It puts me in hipster mode, having that feeling of "I know something that you don't" as I adjust my thick raybans and crack open a PBR and fire up KS for another delicious run through Shizune's arc ;)
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Someone should make that meme right now.

"One does not simply understand Shizune Hakamichi"
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

inb4 2DEEP4U
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

random

Post by random »

ravenlord wrote:It puts me in hipster mode, having that feeling of "I know something that you don't" as I adjust my thick raybans

>hipster
>Raybans

DOES NOT COMPUTE
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

random wrote:
ravenlord wrote:It puts me in hipster mode, having that feeling of "I know something that you don't" as I adjust my thick raybans

>hipster
>Raybans

DOES NOT COMPUTE
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/hipster-glasses

Someone smarter and more savvy than me needs to make a meme template with Shizune sporting Rayban Wayfarers. making fun of people who don't like her :D
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb