Intentions [Completed]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

seannie4

Re: Intentions [Completed]

Post by seannie4 »

Thank you all, so, so much for your kind words! When I started out, I wasn't sure if there'd be an audience for such a bleak tale, but I'm very glad that you guys have enjoyed it!

Lap wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:15 pm

I'm just sorry you couldn't work Rin into the story-- as Emi's closest friend, and as someone with a very different viewpoint on life, she might have been able to provide Emi with a lifeline of some sort. Well, maybe they'll meet up again in the future...

Rhodri wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:55 pm

Like you said, a shame Rin and her unique outlook couldn’t get a look in, but understandable, al the moreso considering Hisao is dead before he gets a chance to meet,

Removing Rin from the story was definitely a really hard decision to make. I believe writing Rin well requires a certain level of skill I don't possess- all attempts on my end sounded like I was merely imitating Rin rather than actually writing as her, if that makes sense. I'd rather excise her part of the narrative completely than serve up something half-baked.

I write sad stories. Sometimes, I write an emotional one. Once in a blue moon, I write something happy.
Intentions [Completed] | Emi makes a mistake she can't take back
Subduction | The earth moves, and Yamaku moves with it
Seannie's Sanctum | A literary snack bar