Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Dream »

pandaphil wrote:One of the things that makes this game feel so personal is that like Hisao, I've got a heart condition too. Congestive heart failure. One day, theres a good chance that it'll just stop working. It's just something you try not to think about. I take my three pills every morning, and try to get on with life.
Somewhat related to that is that a bunch of times a year my heart get these strange spikes/needles going throught it, when it happens i feel extreme pain in there and my heart/body feels extremely weakened, kind of like dead/unconscious. One time (and this was the longest one, around one minute) My heart felt weaker than ever before, i was convinced my heart was going to stop working and i couldn't breathe, even worse was that it happened during "school".

But also, sorry for not knowing what to say on the matter, all i can think of is that it must be quite a thing to live with, and... Yeah, i can't think of anything, sorry.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Ah thanks for that. For the most part its not that big a deal. Like Hisao said, you might get run over by a bus tomorrow. But apart from a lack of endurance, and having to watch my fluid intake, its not really a big deal.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Erpi, thank you for your story.

Actually, a long time ago, I was a teacher in such type of school. A lot of disillusioned, disgruntled teenagers around who take out their anger on the other kids and teachers. It was a terrible experience for me, with some kids throwing with chairs, etc, and I didn't last more than one semester. I switched jobs and became a computer programmer, and that improved my life a lot. School, it sort of sucks, because it's something that everyone is forced to do, but only a minority really understand the value of it. The other ones just get by, but some resort to bullying other kids or annoying the teachers to amuse themselves in what the consider a "boring" situation. It really sucks, but I don't think there are any easy answers.

But it seems like now your life is getting better. I hope things will kep on going in the right direction for you now.

And I forgot who asked, but yes, love exists, but every love is a bit different. Love can start suddenly, but it doesn't become deep suddenly. It takes patience and a lot of work to make it work. Even with Hsiao and Emi, they had to work at their love and both do their best to make it work. It was the same for my lady and me, but, this January we were married already seven years! Seven years, my goodness I thought! Thank you, my dear wife for your patience with me. I hope our love will grow still deeper. :)

And, I hope for everyone here that you will also find such love.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Beoran wrote:the value of it
The value of being forcibly taught a ton of crap we'll never use in our entire lives? Do explain...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
The value of being forcibly taught a ton of crap we'll never use in our entire lives? Do explain...
Well, not all of school is useless. I still fondly remember my history lessons.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Well, not all of school is useless. I still fondly remember my history lessons.
Most of it is knowledge you'll never use. As for history, not only is that knowledge mostly useless but also largely uninteresting due to the limited scope of the teaching. "Oh, what's that? George Washington beat up the British? I learned that every year for the last five years. Teach me about Rasputin or something, damn."
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
Most of it is knowledge you'll never use. As for history, not only is that knowledge mostly useless but also largely uninteresting due to the limited scope of the teaching. "Oh, what's that? George Washington beat up the British? I learned that every year for the last five years. Teach me about Rasputin or something, damn."
Erm... I'm not American, in case you didn't know. We did learn Rasputin at where I am.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Erm... I'm not American, in case you didn't know. We did learn Rasputin at where I am.
So reverse it. :lol:
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

Xanatos wrote:Most of it is knowledge you'll never use. As for history, not only is that knowledge mostly useless but also largely uninteresting due to the limited scope of the teaching. "Oh, what's that? George Washington beat up the British? I learned that every year for the last five years. Teach me about Rasputin or something, damn."
I actually know next to nothing about the Cold War. Never even finished WWII in my history classes. Honestly, though, I'd rather learn about ancient history. It's a lot more interesting.
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Exbando wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Most of it is knowledge you'll never use. As for history, not only is that knowledge mostly useless but also largely uninteresting due to the limited scope of the teaching. "Oh, what's that? George Washington beat up the British? I learned that every year for the last five years. Teach me about Rasputin or something, damn."
I actually know next to nothing about the Cold War. Never even finished WWII in my history classes. Honestly, though, I'd rather learn about ancient history. It's a lot more interesting.
All I know of the Cold War is "USA! USA!" :lol:
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

Xanatos wrote:
Exbando wrote:
All I know of the Cold War is "USA! USA!" :lol:
Isn't that all of American history?
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Exbando wrote:
Xanatos wrote: All I know of the Cold War is "USA! USA!" :lol:
Well, 'Muricans are proud of their country.

MURICA, TRUCK YEAH
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Exbando wrote:
Xanatos wrote: All I know of the Cold War is "USA! USA!" :lol:
Well, 'Muricans are proud of their country.

MURICA, TRUCK YEAH
Bam.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Xanatos wrote: Bam.
That is perfect.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Xanatos wrote: Bam.
That is perfect.
There's a video where the Assassin's Creed 3 trailer is dubbed over with that music...The irony being that one of AC's continuing characters is a snarky Brit who regularly points out the failures of America and has no problem revealing why Washington and Edison were actually kind of cunts. :lol: