Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest Poster

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Guest Poster »

Spunky's probably been around long enough to know the plot twists in every single route he hasn't played yet, but the fact that we've been able to convince him to put his waifu on hold for a moment and try some of the other routes is at least something. Better late than never.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Kibaro wrote:aren't you guys afraid of spoilers? which are alot btw, despite them being censored, let's face it, if its something censored you want to see it badly, i only joined the forums after i finished KS so i can make my KS experience longer :) but idk not doing other routes and coming here with that many stuff ...i wouldn't be able to do that:)
In a way yes...

But that hasn't stopped me from playing! I mean I learned long before I started Emi's route that Her dad died and her sex scene is awkward anal But I am still enjoying it. Because those are only two events in her story, Not the full story!

Or learning that in Lily's route Hisao has another heart attack at the airport even though I haven't even TOUCHED her story yet lol
Guest Poster wrote:Spunky's probably been around long enough to know the plot twists in every single route he hasn't played yet, but the fact that we've been able to convince him to put his waifu on hold for a moment and try some of the other routes is at least something. Better late than never.
Also hey now, Don't make fun of a man and his waifu..it's a very special relationship.

Hell it took me a while to get over the feeling that I was cheating on Hanako before I even thought about taking Emi's route...

The guilt of taking another route is just..horrible. You think...If I take another route? That means -Girls name here- Won't have a better life at Yamaku. It will stay shitty because I didn't pick her and..

Ugh, Oh god the guilt is coming back lol
Last edited by Sohtak on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Sohtak wrote:
In a way yes...

But that hasn't stopped me from playing! I mean I learned long before I started Emi's route that Her dad died and her sex scene is awkward anal But I am still enjoying it. Because those are only two events in her story, Not the full story!

Or learning that in Lily's route Hisao has another heart attack at the airport even though I haven't even TOUCHED her story yet lol

Also hey now, Don't make fun of a man and his waifu..it's a very special relationship.

Hell it took me a while to get over the feeling that I was cheating on Hanako before I even thought about taking Emi's route...

The guilt of taking another route is just..horrible. You think...If I take another route? That means -Girls name here- Won't have a better life at Yamaku. It will stay shitty because I didn't pick her and..

sorry i didn't make/mean to make fun of anyone (can you point out where you felt i did please?)

i'm also a big lilly and emi fan, and i mostly enjoy all the girls...well maybe not shizune (not a fan of the dominatrix types:) ). and lilly's airport heart attack moment was one of the most deep moments in her route, knowing that before playing it, trust me, ruined alot of the emotional impact that would've been there:P so all in all, better to play all routes before coming here, if you ask me, but everyone has their own opinion of course:D anyway VIVA LA KS!
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Kibaro wrote:
Sohtak wrote:
In a way yes...

sorry i didn't make/mean to make fun of anyone (can you point out where you felt i did please?)

i'm also a big lilly and emi fan, and i mostly enjoy all the girls...well maybe not shizune (not a fan of the dominatrix types:) ). and lilly's airport heart attack moment was one of the most deep moments in her route, knowing that before playing it, trust me, ruined alot of the emotional impact that would've been there:P so all in all, better to play all routes before coming here, if you ask me, but everyone has their own opinion of course:D anyway VIVA LA KS!
Oh no I was talking to "Guestposter" Above me, I was just lazy and didn't want to edit my post :P

There we go, Edited my initial post anyway!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:Spunky's probably been around long enough to know the plot twists in every single route he hasn't played yet, but the fact that we've been able to convince him to put his waifu on hold for a moment and try some of the other routes is at least something. Better late than never.
Yes and no. I know quite a bit about the decisions and endings in general, but very little when compared to the full experience. For example, I know Hisao smokes and that he gets upset with RIn, but I have no idea how those come to happen in their specific places. I know you can cheat on Shizune/Misha's sexuality and that Jigoro is an ass that Hisao stands up to eventually, but I know almost nothing else about the route.

Put simply, I know the major events, but the details are so spotty that playing through the routes so far still feels like a very new experience. Not quite a pure blind run obviously, but it feels close enough to be highly engaging. Seeing forum talk can't compare to the real deal.

DISCLAIMER: Emi is not, as you say, "on hold" but instead is watching from the sidelines, silently offering support. Or something. Honestly, whatever, you get the point I'm trying to make.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
C4H8Cl2S

Post by C4H8Cl2S »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:A lot of disabilities have to be placed in the proper context. In a dark cave without light, Lilly wouldn't be disabled. In a place where a large part of the student body has a disfigurement of some sort, Hanako's scars aren't a real disability. Before she came to Yamaku, they definitely were.
Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand a disability to be something that prevents someone from being able to do all the things a normal, healthy person would. Takes away an extent of your abilities as a human... Though I kinda came to that conclusion from the name :lol: Disability, and all that

I had been taught that impairment specifically referred to the physical or mental condition of the person, like a missing arm or a sleep disorder, while a disability referred to what they're unable to do in society because of the impairment, such as going up floors in a building without an elevator.

But, after searching for those definitions, there's more complexity than I expected. (I should have known, since it's a political issue too.) Here are the most interesting two starting points I found though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_model_of_disability
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_mo ... disability

Slightly changing the topic, but while sidetracked on this, I found a chart which compared the percentage of the body burned to mortality rates in the US.

Code: Select all

0%-10%   burned: 0.6% mortality rate
10%-20%  burned: 2.9% mortality rate
20%-30%  burned: 8.6% mortality rate
30%-40%  burned: 16% mortality rate
40%-50%  burned: 25% mortality rate
50%-60%  burned: 37% mortality rate
60%-70%  burned: 43% mortality rate
70%-80%  burned: 57% mortality rate
80%-90%  burned: 73% mortality rate
90%-100% burned: 85% mortality rate
I don't know where Hanako would fit on that chart exactly, but it kind of gives an idea of some of the odds she faced.
Sohtak wrote:Hell it took me a while to get over the feeling that I was cheating on Hanako before I even thought about taking Emi's route...

When you play Lilly's route, I think you'll find it an interesting experience!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mind you, outside of Japan, she's got a better chance of having a healthy life. She's not going to be free from being judged for her appearance, but she probably won't be forced into being a shut-in.

Is it strange that I think Hanako and Claire from Questionable Content could get along really well? I can't think of a situation in which they'd meet, much less get a chance to become friends, but if that happened, I could see them being really close.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Guest Poster wrote: Like properly functioning in everyday society. If Hanako were alone on a deserted island, she probably wouldn't fare any worse than a non-disabled person. But the same can be said of many psychological disabilities that mainly impact social functioning and they're called disabilities as well.
I see what's going on here, we're crossing the line into mental disabilities with her social anxieties. :P

Yes, her burns cause mass social and psychological problems, but Yamaku don't give no fucks to any of that; they focus on physical disabilities. Hanako's scarring seems to have little effect on her... Which brings us to why we're discussing this in the first place, if I'm not mistaken :P

Hanako is disabled, but not in a Yamaku way :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Munchenhausen wrote: I see what's going on here, we're crossing the line into mental disabilities with her social anxieties. :P

Yes, her burns cause mass social and psychological problems, but Yamaku don't give no fucks to any of that; they focus on physical disabilities. Hanako's scarring seems to have little effect on her... Which brings us to why we're discussing this in the first place, if I'm not mistaken :P

Hanako is disabled, but not in a Yamaku way :P
"but not in the yamaku way" that sounded funny :)) a lot of things sound funny today...weird O.o"
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

However, her immediate mental issues are ones that Yamaku does have experience with treating in other accident victims, and it's a population that is less likely to judge her on her appearance. It really is the best fit for her even if she doesn't technically meet their requirements.
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

In all honesty a few of the girls don't really NEED to go to Yamaku.

Emi...disabled as she is with having no legs..she seems to go along life just fine with her prostetics

Hanako..as was said, Isn't..physically messed up. So I'm curious why she is there

Misha...honestly I don't know what's wrong with her. I've heard theories that she has brain damage but...really I don't know if she even has one or is just there because Shizune is.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Sohtak wrote:
Misha...honestly I don't know what's wrong with her. I've heard theories that she has brain damage but...really I don't know if she even has one or is just there because Shizune is.
Yamaku accepts completely normal people as well, and i believe the common acceptance is that Misha is there to brush up on her sign language and become a JSL teacher.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

So-called "normal" students can go to Yamaku, too, and IIRC Misha goes because she's studying to be a sign language teacher, and presumably wanted to immerse herself in it.

As I said, Hanako is there because the best treatment for her mental damage is to put her in an environment where she won't be bullied for her appearance. And, that's a school for the disabled, where everyone else has deformities that they're dealing with too.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Hanako..as was said, Isn't..physically messed up. So I'm curious why she is there
Her caretakers considered their options and deemed this the best way to still try and give Hanako a future. Hanako wasn't functioning well. Middle school was hell for her. High school would probably have been just as bad, if not worse. Rather than put her into an ordinary high school and risk watching her get damaged even more, they decided to send her to a special school where traditional bullying over appearance didn't seem to be a problem. Even if her inner scars wouldn't heal, she'd at least have a few years to catch her breath.

In a way, sending Hanako to Yamaku was an attempt to protect her.

And having burn scars on what's probably between 30% and 40% of your body would definitely qualify as "physically messed up".
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And now I'm thinking of how Clinton and Miki would interact.

"God damn, what a fuckin' gaylord. And how come he gets an awesome robot hand, and I don't?"