What else made you cry?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpecimenSix

Re: What else made you cry?

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:Mindjack.
I honestly thought I was the only person out there who's even heard of that movie :lol:
Last edited by SpecimenSix on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:
I honestly thought I was the only person out there who's even heard of that movie :lol:
...You are. I'm referring to the game. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
...You are. I'm referring to the game. :lol:
:lol: I was going to say, from what I remember that movie was absolutely awful. I vaguely remember a game called Mindjack come to think of it, but I don't remember much about it.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:I vaguely remember a game called Mindjack come to think of it, but I don't remember much about it.
Lucky you. It was a huge failure, nothing but negative reception. :lol: The part that's sad is the concept is really fucking cool. The execution sucked lizard dicks. :|
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:I vaguely remember a game called Mindjack come to think of it, but I don't remember much about it.
Lucky you. It was a huge failure, nothing but negative reception. :lol: The part that's sad is the concept is really fucking cool. The execution sucked lizard dicks. :|
Like NeverDead? Good concept, but horrible execution.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Like NeverDead? Good concept, but horrible execution.
Not even the concept of NeverDead was good. "He's immortal" isn't a concept that typically adds...Well, anything. :lol:
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
Steinherz wrote: Like NeverDead? Good concept, but horrible execution.
Not even the concept of NeverDead was good. "He's immortal" isn't a concept that typically adds...Well, anything. :lol:
Basically the concept was you could get utterly gibbed (well limbs totally removed) and you could piece yourself back together and still fight. However the controls were clunky and the characters' personalities were kind of crap.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:
Thats DEFINITELY the game I'm thinking of then :lol: And on the subject of games, Bioshock and Bioshock 2 of course!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Steinherz wrote: Like NeverDead? Good concept, but horrible execution.
Basically the concept was you could get utterly gibbed (well limbs totally removed) and you could piece yourself back together and still fight. However the controls were clunky and the characters' personalities were kind of crap.
And the concept gets really old really fast, can't carry a whole game, and causes way too many puns. xD

Also Dumbo. That movie's fucking depressing. What the hell, Disney?
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:
Yea it is pretty dark, then again the same could be said about UP, to an extent anyways. Theres another Disney movie that I absolutely adore that is just heart-rending but I cant seem remember it in particular.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Yea it is pretty dark, then again the same could be said about UP, to an extent anyways. Theres another Disney movie that I absolutely adore that is just heart-rending but I cant seem remember it in particular.
Up? Pft. That movie's hardly dark (but really damn good). xD Dumbo's just fucking cruel. Constant harassment, turns to drunkenness to cope...Awful. Not to mention the Jim Crows...
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Oh, speaking of Disney, Mufasa's death from the Lion King. I saw the movie in theaters last year, IN 3D, and had to fight back the tears so I didn't look like a wimp. I failed.

Also, it didn't help that there was a little kid behind me yelling, "What happened to Simba's daddy?" T-T
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:Oh, speaking of Disney, Mufasa's death from the Lion King. I saw the movie in theaters last year, IN 3D, and had to fight back the tears so I didn't look like a wimp. I failed.

Also, it didn't help that there was a little kid behind me yelling, "What happened to Simba's daddy?" T-T
"IN 3D"...Way to emphasize the most irrelevant thing ever. xD Fuck the 3D fad, seriously. :lol: It never improves anything except the profit they make on overpriced tickets.

And yeah, that scene's a tearjerker...Semi-related real-world event: Some months ago, some deer wandered through the apartment complex. A kid out with his mother saw them and proclaimed "Look, there's Bambi!"...Now, me being who I am, I jumped on this and quipped "It can't be Bambi. It still has its mom." - Kid didn't cry but from the look he gave, you'd swear I killed his family pet on an altar.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote: Up? Pft. That movie's hardly dark (but really damn good). xD Dumbo's just fucking cruel. Constant harassment, turns to drunkenness to cope...Awful. Not to mention the Jim Crows...
Yea I personally didn't think UP was too dark either and I love it too, but I remember reading somebody's theory on the movie that the entire trip and befriending the old man was all in the kid's imagination. Dark probably wasn't the right word choice, and though I don't think that's what the movie was about at all, thinking about that beautiful movie like that kinda bummed me out.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:"IN 3D"...Way to emphasize the most irrelevant thing ever. xD Fuck the 3D fad, seriously. :lol: It never improves anything except the profit they make on overpriced tickets.
It's a stupid f*cking gimmick and everyone knows it.
(also, thank you Xanatos. You finally gave me a chance to use that video XD)
I also draw, kind of.