The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Broomhead

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Broomhead »

Actually, that brings up an interesting question. Do you suppose Lilly would play something akin to a text-based RPG, but verbal? Or perhaps D&D?

(I'm thinking this may get moved to random soon.)
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
brythain

Post by brythain »

YutoTheOrc wrote:I can also see Yuuko to be into video games. Like strategies; a little bit of Crusader KIngs 2, Rome Total War(1 not 2), Civ 5, etc.
Yuuko secretly partitioned Kenji's drive array and stashed her favourite games there. She always leaves for work after him and gets home before him, and gives herself some time with CK2 or Civ5. Kenji found out a while back, but he's proud of her, and won't let her know he's found out.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
brythain

Post by brythain »

Broomhead wrote:Actually, that brings up an interesting question. Do you suppose Lilly would play something akin to a text-based RPG, but verbal? Or perhaps D&D?
In between running three restaurants, she puts her legs up and her earphones on and plays text-based RPGs converted to sound. She also has a tactile input and display device for handling emails. Actually, her setup is a lot like a little cockpit, since she likes everything exactly where she wants. She secretly also likes Kagami Takahashi playing Ralph Vaughan Williams. So does Kenji, but they'd both freak out if they knew about each other.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

And then there's me.
Who thinks Hanako enjoys ultra-violent games as a catharsis factor.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

brythain wrote:
Broomhead wrote:Actually, that brings up an interesting question. Do you suppose Lilly would play something akin to a text-based RPG, but verbal? Or perhaps D&D?
In between running three restaurants, she puts her legs up and her earphones on and plays text-based RPGs converted to sound. She also has a tactile input and display device for handling emails. Actually, her setup is a lot like a little cockpit, since she likes everything exactly where she wants. She secretly also likes Kagami Takahashi playing Ralph Vaughan Williams. So does Kenji, but they'd both freak out if they knew about each other.
How would she know when to click the next option, or where to click?
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Text-based means that she's not clicking, she's inputting commands. And, she may be able to learn to type.

However, Lilly canonically refuses to learn how to use a computer.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

A bit off topic of characters and video games, but I can see Shizune as the type of sister who doesn't respect boundaries. For example if Hideaki was having a bath she would walk right in and brush her teeth or ask him a question :P
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

YutoTheOrc wrote:
How would she know when to click the next option, or where to click?
"Something akin to a text-based RPG, but Verbal."
So, text-to-speech for both input and output. :evil:

I'm back in action.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Hanako is fluent in English, she just said that she was doing "all right, [she...] suppose[d]" in Lilly's route, because she felt guilty about rubbing it in.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

(I'm thinking this may get moved to random soon.)
Hmm I cant picture Lilly being into games, she has a playfull nature but idk. But Hanako I can see her playing games.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Meanwhile, I also think of Miki and Hanako as having come from the same orphanage, where Miki used to beat up the kids who teased Hanako, while Hanako pleaded with her not to be so violent...
Except Hanako was bullied at school, not at the orphanage. She mentioned she actually liked that place and that it reminded her of Yamaku.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

bhtooefr wrote:Hanako is fluent in English, she just said that she was doing "all right, [she...] suppose[d]" in Lilly's route, because she felt guilty about rubbing it in.
hah, you wish :lol:

If Lilly--who has her parents living abroad in Scotland speaking an English language I can't even understand (the accent, I meant)--is still struggling with her own secondary language, then Hanako? Who's most likely never been abroad and is pretty much exposed to the English language course provided here up to high school level has no chance to even top Lilly, or even get close to her capability.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
brythain

Post by brythain »

Guest Poster wrote:
Meanwhile, I also think of Miki and Hanako as having come from the same orphanage, where Miki used to beat up the kids who teased Hanako, while Hanako pleaded with her not to be so violent...
Except Hanako was bullied at school, not at the orphanage. She mentioned she actually liked that place and that it reminded her of Yamaku.
Never was bullied at the orphanage, because Miki. Then no Miki at school. Then Miki again at Yamaku. Yay, Miki! :D
brythain

Post by brythain »

After playing through Shizune's route again, I've decided that Jigoro was really 'being an asshole/jerk' in the sense that he'd decided to act one in order to test Hisao's responses. Shizune knows this, and tolerates it. Misha is clueless but goes on with it because she likes Jigoro.

Jigoro's actually pretty sharp; he senses that Hisao lacks direction and hasn't even spoken to his parents in a while. He keeps asking Hisao about the student council etc as if gauging whether Hisao is serious about his relationship with Shizune and prepared to defend Jigoro's daughter. Jigoro's last words to Hisao are telling: "Hmph. Fine, then. Have fun with that." Although we know that Hisao feels bad at this point, and it's natural for us to feel bad with him, it's actually the moment at which I feel Hisao's passed Jigoro's test.

As Hisao himself notes, Jigoro has an analytical stare even while he's acting an asshole. Given the kinds of people that Shizune and Hideaki appear to be at this point in the arc, it's not too much a stretch to think of them as a) strongly analytical, b) careless about what people think, c) prepared to act deviously to learn more, and d) competitive against their own internal benchmarks. The moment at which Hideaki bursts out, telling Hisao that he will be better than Shizune in everything, is pretty important—why does he say that? His father doesn't seem to denigrate Hideaki's competence or talent. Hideaki is one day going to grow up to be like Jigoro, but better. And better than Shizune too, perhaps. How scary.

So: headcanon—Jigoro, neither hypocrite nor jerk, but concerned father, devious schemer, not a nice guy but determined to hold his family together. I'm not even sure he treated Shizune the way he claims he did (12 years of her not talking to him, so extra lessons etc). It might have been part of his testing to see if Hisao was really determined to communicate with Shizune.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

brythain wrote: As Hisao himself notes, Jigoro has an analytical stare even while he's acting an asshole.
Jigoro, neither hypocrite nor jerk, but concerned father, devious schemer, not a nice guy but determined to hold his family together.
Well I'm accepting that into my list now. And perhaps worse, relate a lot to this Jigoro. I have acted differently around people or disguised myself to get their opinion on me or others without bias. I have also played the asshole simply to drive someone out of my friend group that was hurting the others.

God, even after turning off the VN I learn about myself and others in a meaningful way. This is going to trickle down my consciousness.

I'm back in action.