Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CoffeeDrive

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by CoffeeDrive »

SpunkySix wrote:Misha. Doesn't have to be yandere for Hisao, remember.
Its pink hair man, Yandere trait right there.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Misha. Doesn't have to be yandere for Hisao, remember.
Its pink hair man, Yandere trait right there.
That, and her semi-obsession with Blue Smart.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Khalego

Re: Lilly's book

Post by Khalego »

Atario wrote:This legally-blind guy and I were having a discussion about Braille in the game and got to talking about Lilly's book in the scene "Unidentified Drinking Object", which is stated to be Christie's Death On The Nile. Well, he ended up transcribing the Braille text in the image, and some light googling reveals that the story is in fact H. P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu.

Lilly's into some weird stuff!

Here's his subsequent post about it.
Rock on, Lilly. Just hope she's not as incredibly racist as Lovecraft. :lol:
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
SpunkySix

Re: Lilly's book

Post by SpunkySix »

Khalego wrote:
Atario wrote:This legally-blind guy and I were having a discussion about Braille in the game and got to talking about Lilly's book in the scene "Unidentified Drinking Object", which is stated to be Christie's Death On The Nile. Well, he ended up transcribing the Braille text in the image, and some light googling reveals that the story is in fact H. P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu.

Lilly's into some weird stuff!

Here's his subsequent post about it.
Rock on, Lilly. Just hope she's not as incredibly racist as Lovecraft. :lol:
"I can't see them, but goddamn those ******* piss me right off."

*sips tea politely*
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

a half-japanase half-scothish racist ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Zarys wrote:a half-japanase half-scothish racist ?
Well, im half scothish myself. We're all pretty racist.

DISCLAIMER:
Im not actually half scottish
Last edited by CoffeeDrive on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Funny fact, Lilly used to be half South African before they changed it to Scottish. :lol:
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

If she was stereopicaly scotish/sud-african and japanase, it's true that she could be have a thing against africans for example but I thinked more about the fact to looks stranger in a country like Japan.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

How the hell did this discussion suddenly jump from braille books to racism anyway? Is there some connection between Lovecraft fans and racism that I'm missing? It's not exactly Mein Kampf, is it?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Well, Lovecraft was just very racist.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Yeah, but some people just like to read his books for the tentacles, rather than the author's views on society just like some people can enjoy Braveheart while still thinking Mel Gibson is a dope.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:How the hell did this discussion suddenly jump from braille books to racism anyway? Is there some connection between Lovecraft fans and racism that I'm missing? It's not exactly Mein Kampf, is it?
RANDOM KS Discussion
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Silentcook wrote:Hrm. :|

Notice: thread's still for KS discussion. Should people decide to emphasize the "random" part of the title instead, swift locking will happen.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Comrade wrote:
Silentcook wrote:Hrm. :|

Notice: thread's still for KS discussion. Should people decide to emphasize the "random" part of the title instead, swift locking will happen.
I don't believe we need a hall monitor, thank you.

What we probably do need is a new topic.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Here's one... how do the KS characters feel about children?

I have to be careful discussing that one regarding Hanako, because I'm prone to self-inserting there, and I'm Childfree for Reasons. There's a few conflicting factors there, though, in her case. She canonically has experience raising infants and toddlers (from helping out at the orphanage), and I could see her wanting a Normal Family™, but it was elementary and middle school children that were her tormentors, and if she had a kid, she'd be unable to escape from that kid. I could see that triggering her PTSD hard. (And I tried to write a fanfic in which that was ultimately the issue that broke her and Hisao up, so I could get her with Akira, but that went nowhere.)

Lilly's rather traditional about everything, and extremely maternal, so I'd be surprised if she didn't want a child. I also wonder about the career implications (given that she's driven towards her goal of being an English teacher), though, especially given her other obstacles to getting a career in anything. So I guess what I'm saying is that she might do the whole DINK thing, and satisfy her maternal instincts through teaching.

Emi... this is influenced by fanfic, but I could see her deciding to get pregnant against her partner's will, even, to build a Normal Family™. There are the career implications, but her running career may well not be a long-term thing, or successful enough to actually make it a career.

Rin, I have no idea. There was that one fic where Rin was quite maternal, but I don't think she'd set out to have a kid, it'd be an oops baby.

And, finally for the route girls, Shizune. She's so extremely career-minded that she wouldn't even consider it until it's potentially too late for her to have one of her own... and then she'd adopt.

Hisao... that really depends on the route, doesn't it?

Of course, overlaid on top of this is the whole factor that... if the kid is Hisao's too, there's more to worry about. I think Lilly wouldn't let that affect her decision to have kids, Rin wouldn't have specifically decided to have kids, and Shizune would adopt regardless... but Hanako and Emi? They know damn well what it's like to lose a parent, and they may decide not to have kids with Hisao specifically. Actually, now I'm seeing Emi leaving Hisao over that, to find someone else to father her children. Hanako would just decide not to have them, I think.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!