Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by SpunkySix »

Zykes wrote:
metalangel wrote:Is that in Buffalo? If so I need to add it to my list of things to go and see there.
Yes it is
Wait... Buffalo as in Buffalo New York?! :shock:
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Thank you.

I will have to take a short trip there soon, seeing as I'm like... two miles from there at most.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Here's something to think n poke for fun about:

Which character has the highest potential to be a yandere from the main female casts?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Megumeru wrote:Here's something to think n poke for fun about:

Which character has the highest potential to be a yandere from the main female casts?
Hanako.
Because everyone knows traumatic pasts cause Yandere traits
I mean, just look at Gasai Yuno.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Atario

Lilly's book

Post by Atario »

This legally-blind guy and I were having a discussion about Braille in the game and got to talking about Lilly's book in the scene "Unidentified Drinking Object", which is stated to be Christie's Death On The Nile. Well, he ended up transcribing the Braille text in the image, and some light googling reveals that the story is in fact H. P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu.

Lilly's into some weird stuff!

Here's his subsequent post about it.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Megumeru

Re: Lilly's book

Post by Megumeru »

Atario wrote:This legally-blind guy and I were having a discussion about Braille in the game and got to talking about Lilly's book in the scene "Unidentified Drinking Object", which is stated to be Christie's Death On The Nile. Well, he ended up transcribing the Braille text in the image, and some light googling reveals that the story is in fact H. P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu.

Lilly's into some weird stuff!

Here's his subsequent post about it.
Weird stuff? Cthulhu?

EDIT:
Googled.

Riiight...'that' stereotypical weird.

Kinky. :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
azumeow

Re: Lilly's book

Post by azumeow »

Atario wrote:This legally-blind guy and I were having a discussion about Braille in the game and got to talking about Lilly's book in the scene "Unidentified Drinking Object", which is stated to be Christie's Death On The Nile. Well, he ended up transcribing the Braille text in the image, and some light googling reveals that the story is in fact H. P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu.
I don't remember any braille at all in the game...there are so many details in things that seem to slip my mind, jeez.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

There's a scene where Hisao visits Lilly's room and takes a look at the stack of books in there. He tries to read it and the game shows a CG of one of the braille pages (not every CG in KS appears in the gallery) and Lilly mentions that if he can overcome two language barriers (the books are in English AND Braille), she'd be impressed. Hisao quickly gives up. Anyway, it appears someone took the time to actually decipher that closeup.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Guest Poster wrote:There's a scene where Hisao visits Lilly's room and takes a look at the stack of books in there. He tries to read it and the game shows a CG of one of the braille pages (not every CG in KS appears in the gallery) and Lilly mentions that if he can overcome two language barriers (the books are in English AND Braille), she'd be impressed. Hisao quickly gives up. Anyway, it appears someone took the time to actually decipher that closeup.
Holy shit that's amazing!
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Megumeru wrote:Which character has the highest potential to be a yandere from the main female casts?
Emi, I think.

Hanako's shown to get jealous, sure, but I actually think that Hanako might not be capable of sustaining any sort of yandere attitude. She's basically too good of a person, and even her misanthropy is rooted in fear of people, not wanting to attack people. She only attacks when she's literally backed into a corner and most of her buttons pushed, and then it's purely verbal.

Yandere Lilly also doesn't seem likely to me, but who knows, Lilly's a good actress, she might be hiding a yandere side somewhere.

Rin... I can't see that at all.

Shizune attacks internally, not externally, in situations like this. If she were convinced that she were 100% in the right, she'd attack externally, and then be yandere, but she's internalized a lot of Jigoro's abuse, and therefore assumes that it's her fault. We know this from her bad end.

Emi, though? Emi's the kind of girl who will stab you, then twist the knife, all while having her sexface/angry grin, for even a fairly small perceived slight.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

bhtooefr wrote:
Shizune attacks internally, not externally, in situations like this. If she were convinced that she were 100% in the right, she'd attack externally, and then be yandere, but she's internalized a lot of Jigoro's abuse, and therefore assumes that it's her fault. We know this from her bad end.

Shizunes bad end is actually the saddest of them all, with the exception of Rin's neutral.

On the Yandere thing though, Emi would be the kind of girl to attack anyone who goes for Hisao to be honest, I mean, he's that one guy shes opened up to, she wouldnt ever give him away.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

CoffeeDrive wrote: On the Yandere thing though, Emi would be the kind of girl to attack anyone who goes for Hisao to be honest, I mean, he's that one guy shes opened up to, she wouldnt ever give him away.
There's a reason she's referred to as "the prettiest pitbull in all creation" in brythain's AtD. :D
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote: On the Yandere thing though, Emi would be the kind of girl to attack anyone who goes for Hisao to be honest, I mean, he's that one guy shes opened up to, she wouldnt ever give him away.
There's a reason she's referred to as "the prettiest pitbull in all creation" in brythain's AtD. :D
Haha! I went back to look it up. It's 'the most beautiful pitbull in all creation', and that's how Akira thinks of her. After she thinks it twice, she mentally fines herself 100 yen each time she thinks it again. By the end of the vignette here, Akira has fined herself 500 yen. So I guess that makes seven times! :D

Wait, hold on, yes, you're right too… elsewhere, both Akira and Hideaki think of her as 'the prettiest pitbull in all creation'. Oops! :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Misha. Doesn't have to be yandere for Hisao, remember.