Journey of a Non-otaku

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Journey of a Non-weeaboo

Post by Potato »

Mandalorian wrote:Just because a girl takes her shirt off, it means sex?
Yes, when a girl starts stripping down in front of you with the primary intention of coaxing you into bed, it means sex. Crazy, isn't it?

"Hanako is the most vulnerable and dysfunctional of everyone" - Is vulnerability a contest though?

Glad you're enjoying it. There's a total of thirteen endings, plus a secondary route to Emi's good end, so there's plenty of enjoyment to be had. Just don't puss out on bad ends or cheat with flow charts. :P And be very very very careful of spoilers.

That said...This post was really hard to take seriously. Seems at least a third of it was spewing "weeaboo" (which is primarily meant to be derogatory but whatever) all over the place (hell, the thread title alone makes the implication that everyone who ever played it is a weeaboo so you not being one is noteworthy) and fretting over Japan like it's a literal plague. I mean, was it really super important to let us know this was a NON-weeaboo's journey? Literally nobody at all would have thought you were one, except you totally sound like one in denial. "Okay, before I play this, I just gotta say I'm NEVER gonna go to Japan! Okay? Okay!"

Honestly, it reads sorta like one of those stereotypical super-macho guys whose just way too insistent that he's totally zero percent gay, so everyone just assumes he's actually really gay and in denial about it. :lol: It's just...Really kind of hilarious. I could totally see you hoarding anime plushies in a secret hidden room or something, then walking out later and frantically shoving a Big Mac into your face screaming "WOOOO, WESTERN SOCIETY!"
Last edited by Potato on Thu May 15, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:
Yes, when a girl starts stripping down in front of you with the primary intention of coaxing you into bed, it means sex. Crazy, isn't it?
...I think I see where i've been going wrong all these years
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Potato wrote:
...I think I see where i've been going wrong all these years
Me too.

I need a girl to take off her shirt near me...
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:...I think I see where i've been going wrong all these years
Me too.

I genuinely worry about you two sometimes.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

forgetmenot wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:...I think I see where i've been going wrong all these years
Me too.

I genuinely worry about you two sometimes.
I fear that sometimes is a slightly optimistic word :P

By the way, is weeaboo the new word for Japanophile? Or is it something completely different?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:By the way, is weeaboo the new word for Japanophile? Or is it something completely different?
Not new at all, no. But it's basically what people who hate Japanophiles call Japanophiles. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:By the way, is weeaboo the new word for Japanophile? Or is it something completely different?
Not new at all, no. But it's basically what people who hate Japanophiles call Japanophiles. :lol:
I'm definitely new to this whole 'internet' thing or whatever the young whippersnappers call it ;)
Meh, don't think I've reached that stage yet, though I might be whatever the Finnish equivalent is :/
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote:
I'm definitely new to this whole 'internet' thing or whatever the young whippersnappers call it ;)
Meh, don't think I've reached that stage yet, though I might be whatever the Finnish equivalent is :/
Here's two handy-dandy charts explaining what a weeaboo is:

I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Ah, maybe I'm not a Finnish-weeaboo then ;) Thank God, it sounds dreadful. Pretty handy chart though, seems to me that the key to not being one is just being rational.

bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Weeaboo's existed as a derogatory term towards (predominantly white American) Japanophiles, especially those that have never been to Japan and don't actually know the culture, for quite a few years now.

What I do know of the culture (and I'm not talking about used panty vending machines) makes me dislike it, but then I also dislike American culture, and I am an American, for what it's worth.

I actually have this headcanon that Hanako specifically will end up with a "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out" moment when she realizes that she's getting fucked over twelve ways by Japan's culture (and its handling of people who look different (especially "impure") and people who have had mental health treatment, and she falls into both categories), and started writing blog posts from her POV (and I've got an idea for one in which she specifically rips weeaboos a new one - I've got the idea that for her, the pen (or in her case, the keyboard) is far mightier than the sword, especially if she's writing under a pen name and can hide behind her keyboard) after she made that realization, but ran out of knowledge, so I ended up filing the project away.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Steinherz wrote:Here's two handy-dandy charts explaining what a weeaboo is:
Would this count?
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Potato wrote:
Steinherz wrote:Here's two handy-dandy charts explaining what a weeaboo is:
Would this count?
Oh god, I just erased that from my mind...
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I like how the otaku side of that chart lists "uses proper grammar and spelling" as an attribute of otakus, yet the word bubble in it contains a basic grammatical error.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

SpunkySix wrote:I like how the otaku side of that chart lists "uses proper grammar and spelling" as an attribute of otakus, yet the word bubble in it contains a basic grammatical error.
Plus, he spells it 'grammer'.
Potato

Post by Potato »

metalangel wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I like how the otaku side of that chart lists "uses proper grammar and spelling" as an attribute of otakus, yet the word bubble in it contains a basic grammatical error.
Plus, he spells it 'grammer'.