Which side would be the most interesting?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Grimnir

Re: Which side would be the most interesting?

Post by Grimnir »

Munchenhausen wrote:
RandomPerson wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote: I'm a fucking detective.
If I find a girl in a disabled school and want to find out what's wrong with her, you'll be my first choice
You're in good hands, I can find out anything with my keen intuition, people skills and my trusty knuckle dusters
Just remember, it doesn't count when you inflict the disabilty yourself.
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

RandomPerson wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote: I'm a fucking detective.
If I find a girl in a disabled school and want to find out what's wrong with her, you'll be my first choice
He's more of a telepath, given his eye started hurting before he got punched in it.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

@d2r [tips fedora]
Grimnir wrote:Just remember, it doesn't count when you inflict the disabilty yourself.
Oh.
Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
metalangel wrote: He's more of a telepath, given his eye started hurting before he got punched in it.
...Apparently 'preceding' does not mean what I thought it meant.
Awwwh tits.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Potato

Post by Potato »

brythain wrote:
RandomPerson wrote:So I just wanna know which people from katawa shoujo did you most want to see as an actual main girl. They obviously would have to have a proper story not just a hi, you seem nice have sex with me relationship.
Shizune, actually. She's got the most complicated story, as opposed to being just a complicated person. Lots of scope for character development there, because she has several facets to her personality, some of which are not obvious on the first or even second run through.
Isn't Shizune already one of the main girls? Why would you want to see what's already there?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:
brythain wrote:
RandomPerson wrote:So I just wanna know which people from katawa shoujo did you most want to see as an actual main girl. They obviously would have to have a proper story not just a hi, you seem nice have sex with me relationship.
Shizune, actually. She's got the most complicated story, as opposed to being just a complicated person. Lots of scope for character development there, because she has several facets to her personality, some of which are not obvious on the first or even second run through.
Isn't Shizune already one of the main girls? Why would you want to see what's already there?
The question asks which one DID I most want to see, not DO I most want to see. Tense is important. After seeing all of them, I most wanted to see Shizune as an ACTUAL girl. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Potato

Post by Potato »

brythain wrote:The question asks which one DID I most want to see, not DO I most want to see. Tense is important. After seeing all of them, I most wanted to see Shizune as an ACTUAL girl. :)
You'd already seen Shizune. The question asks who you'd want to see as a main girl, I.E. a main character pursued in the VN. It says nothing about them existing in reality.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:
brythain wrote:The question asks which one DID I most want to see, not DO I most want to see. Tense is important. After seeing all of them, I most wanted to see Shizune as an ACTUAL girl. :)
You'd already seen Shizune. The question asks who you'd want to see as a main girl, I.E. a main character pursued in the VN. It says nothing about them existing in reality.
Well, conventionally we'd then refer to them as side-characters and I'd have to go with Akira. What threw me off was the 'people from KS' bit.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Potato

Post by Potato »

brythain wrote:
Potato wrote:
Well, conventionally we'd then refer to them as side-characters and I'd have to go with Akira. What threw me off was the 'people from KS' bit.
Honestly, I'm not really sure what OP's trying to say. :lol: He's got "actual" in there which implies reality but then "main girl" in there which I've never heard anyone referred to as a "main girl" in reality (the closest thing being 'bottom bitch', as far as I know. XD)... On the flip side of 'Which KS girl would you want to see real?", why has nobody ever done the 'Which real-life person would you want to see as a KS character?"...:lol: Pick a celebrity, give them a condition and backstory and everything...

Akira would be pretty great though. Maybe early on, when the parents first bail and leave her looking after Lilly...