Seven Drunken Pirates, We're The Seven Deadly Sins

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: Seven Drunken Pirates, We're The Seven Deadly Sins

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Comrade wrote:Why do you have to be so negative? What about the 7 heavenly virtues?
You know, I actually never knew those were a thing...
After looking them up, I don't hink they fit the characters all that well - maybe they are all too flawed^^°

Well, Shizune would be a fit for Diligence, maybe even for Charity if you consider her expressed intention to become rich to be able to give to the needy.
As for Chastity, Temperance, Patience, Kindness and Humility...
None of those really stands out as a trait for any of the main characters.
Maybe Patience for Mutou and Kindness for Nurse.
And a case could be made for Emi and some aspects of Temperance.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Comrade wrote:Why do you have to be so negative? What about the 7 heavenly virtues?
You know, I actually never knew those were a thing...
Woah wait, he was being serious?
I do apologise, Comrade, I thought you were just being a smartarse :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Well yeah, both the virtues and the sins are character traits in Crusader kings, so thats how i learned them.
Each virtue is an opposite of a sin
Charity - Greed
Dilligence - Sloth
Temperence - Gluttony
Kindness - Envy
Patience - Wrath
Humility - Pride
Chastity - Lust
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Comrade wrote:Well yeah, both the virtues and the sins are character traits in Crusader kings, so thats how i learned them.
Charity - Greed
Dilligence - Sloth
Temperence - Gluttony
Kindness - Envy
Patience - Wrath
Humility - Pride
Chastity - Lust
Well bugger me. Learn something new every day :P

Truth be told, I started this topic because one day, I'd like to learn to animate and attempt to make some kind of Katawa Shoujo music video for the Flogging molly song, Seven Seadly Sins.
Got some funky Pirate-themed shit going on in my head. Main problem was who would represent each of the Pirates?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Comrade wrote:Well yeah, both the virtues and the sins are character traits in Crusader kings, so thats how i learned them.
Charity - Greed
Dilligence - Sloth
Temperence - Gluttony
Kindness - Envy
Patience - Wrath
Humility - Pride
Chastity - Lust
Well bugger me. Learn something new every day :P

Truth be told, I started this topic because one day, I'd like to learn to animate and attempt to make some kind of Katawa Shoujo music video for the Flogging molly song, Seven Seadly Sins.
Got some funky Pirate-themed shit going on in my head. Main problem was who would represent each of the Pirates?
Funny, this reminded me of Dead Rising because apparently in DR3, all of the psycho bosses are based on a deadly sin. I was trying to think up circumstances for them in my mind. Wait... would that be considered off-topic, or could I do that, do you think? Because if it's allowed, I'm totally making a psycho boss topic for DR: Case Yamaku. You know what, don't answer that. Or if you do, PM me.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

SpunkySix wrote:Funny, this reminded me of Dead Rising because apparently in DR3, all of the psycho bosses are based on a deadly sin. I was trying to think up circumstances for them in my mind. Wait... would that be considered off-topic, or could I do that, do you think? Because if it's allowed, I'm totally making a psycho boss topic for DR: Case Yamaku. You know what, don't answer that. Or if you do, PM me.
That reminds me, too. In Lollipop Chainsaw the bosses were themed after genres in rock music, the punk, the viking metalhead and so on. But something like that for KS already exists in a few posts in the "Music that makes you think of KS" thread. Comparing the charakters to something else is fun. :3

BTW: I have no idea why I just now think of that. But "Seven" anyone? Think about it the girls form a team of serial killers and go around murdering people in that fashion. And you guessed it, Brad Pitt is Kenji and Morgan Freeman Mutou.
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Grimnir wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Funny, this reminded me of Dead Rising because apparently in DR3, all of the psycho bosses are based on a deadly sin. I was trying to think up circumstances for them in my mind. Wait... would that be considered off-topic, or could I do that, do you think? Because if it's allowed, I'm totally making a psycho boss topic for DR: Case Yamaku. You know what, don't answer that. Or if you do, PM me.
Comparing the charakters to something else is fun. :3

BTW: I have no idea why I just now think of that. But "Seven" anyone? Think about it the girls form a team of serial killers and go around murdering people in that fashion. And you guessed it, Brad Pitt is Kenji and Morgan Freeman Mutou.
It is. Also, that might be the best idea ever.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Grimnir wrote:BTW: I have no idea why I just now think of that. But "Seven" anyone? Think about it the girls form a team of serial killers and go around murdering people in that fashion. And you guessed it, Brad Pitt is Kenji and Morgan Freeman Mutou.
The Magnificent Seven, which itself comes from The Seven Samurai. Or you could just go to Hisao and the Seven Snow Whites or something...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

Ooh. Thanks for that. Although when I see the one on the right, I think 'Nurse' by association. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

brythain wrote:
Ooh. Thanks for that. Although when I see the one on the right, I think 'Nurse' by association. :D
Given her route, "Sneezy" would also work for Emi, no? :D

Also...I'm still trying to figure out...
ProfAllister wrote:Emi - Greed. She's fixated on "having" things. It doesn't matter whether she can use them, or if it's a good idea - she simply wants to be able to keep it, even if that means it stays under lock and key, never to be used or enjoyed.
...yeah, I'm missing something, apparently.
Last edited by dewelar on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

dewelar wrote:
brythain wrote:
I didn't think Sneezy really worked for anyone, which is why I went with the "Kenjy" joke instead.
Not Dead Yet
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Oddball wrote:
dewelar wrote:
brythain wrote:Ooh. Thanks for that. Although when I see the one on the right, I think 'Nurse' by association. :D
I didn't think Sneezy really worked for anyone, which is why I went with the "Kenjy" joke instead.
*nods* I was just thinking of the moment in Emi's route when she has a cold and Hisao goes to visit her. They end up on the bed, and Emi lets loose with a tension-breaking sneeze.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

dewelar wrote:quote="ProfAllister"]Emi - Greed. She's fixated on "having" things. It doesn't matter whether she can use them, or if it's a good idea - she simply wants to be able to keep it, even if that means it stays under lock and key, never to be used or enjoyed.
...yeah, I'm missing something, apparently.[/quote]

I didn't get that either.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Oddball, this is amazing. I giggled at "Kenjy". :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?