"We have met the enemy, and he... is us."

WORDS WORDS WORDS

YZQ

Re: "We have met the enemy, and he... is us."

Post by YZQ »

Carighan wrote:The only thing I could think about much with this thread is the Persona games:
Admit it! It is what you always wanted, after all!
No! That's not true! You! Are! Not! Me!
... transformation happens ...
I am a shadow... the true self...

Damn that game could be haunting at times. I remember genuinely sitting there with my mouth open at Naoto's Shadow's revelation.

(edit)
Also, I didn't read the first version of Shizune's part, but I can see how this can be terrifying for her. If she ends up doubting her past choices, given how she cannot truly connect to people, that'd be crushing for her. It'd be a creeping thing undermining her through her nightmares, but for someone who bases their entire behaviour on a mountain of confidence, slowly eroding that is far more painful than ripping it out in one go.
I especially like how her shadow is the nice one.
Shizune probably has to learn that being nice is not being weak. If you combine nice and steel, you can have some interesting results.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Steinherz

Re: "We have met the enemy, and he... is us."

Post by Steinherz »

YZQ wrote: Shizune probably has to learn that being nice is not being weak. If you combine nice and steel, you can have some interesting results.
I think a good saying for that is "iron fist, velvet(or silk) glove"
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.