It makes me feel guilty (Some spoilers)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

lukesrp

Re: It makes me feel guilty (Some spoilers)

Post by lukesrp »

Oddball wrote: I've actually always wondered about her mentality in Lilly's route. Hisao and Lilly do seems to be spending a lot more time together and less time with her. I'm curious as to whether she thinks she's being abandoned there or not.
I think she does feel slightly as if she is being pushed away in Lilly's arc as she now feels/fulfils her need to have friends outside of Lilly and Hisao. In her own route she has all the attention in the world from Hisao, but as the narrative progresses in Lilly's she plays a smaller and smaller part in the narrative. I think due to her not having as much attention from her two (at the time) only friends, she feels like she needs to make her own friends not only to stay out of their way, but too also try to boost her self belief and give her more peace of mind.
Hanako>>>Lilly>>>Emi>>>Shizune>>>Rin

Did someone say Chrono Trigger?

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Oddball wrote:
You could so that, but you could also say that now since she has Hisao around to be with her, will she branch out and want to talk to other people?
Hisao and Hanako actually talk about that during her ending.

She says she knows she's shy and isn't sure she can talk to others the same way she can talk to Hisao. The way she says it seems like she's unhappy with that aspect of herself and wants to change.

Also remember that in her own route she comes to accept that friendship really is a real thing and people aren't just going to leave when they get tired of her, something that isn't even touched on in Lilly's route.

I've actually always wondered about her mentality in Lilly's route. Hisao and Lilly do seems to be spending a lot more time together and less time with her. I'm curious as to whether she thinks she's being abandoned there or not.
Although I believe Lilly mentions it's actually Hanako who's giving Lilly and Hisao space, despite the fact Lilly would want to spend more time with her. I've often heard that people who are afraid of being abandoned tend to act preemptively when faced with a situation that might involve others distancing themselves. That is, when they believe someone is about to abandon them, they themselves create distance because it hurts less when it's them doing the walking away. Hanako might have felt that she'd feel less abandoned if she gave Hisao and Lilly time for themselves rather than the latter two taking time for themselves.

In the end of Hanako's route, Hanako and Hisao essentially make a promise of mutual support. I figured that to mean that if Hanako were to get an opportunity to join a new club, Hisao's part would be to encourage her. So I don't think Hanako's end necessarily means it'd be just her and Hisao.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
lukesrp

Post by lukesrp »

Guest Poster wrote: In the end of Hanako's route, Hanako and Hisao essentially make a promise of mutual support. I figured that to mean that if Hanako were to get an opportunity to join a new club, Hisao's part would be to encourage her. So I don't think Hanako's end necessarily means it'd be just her and Hisao.
This would probably have happened if the story had continued, what I seem to keep forgetting is that the Japanese school year continues after their summer break which is 6 weeks, so in both arcs Hanako would still have the opportunity to grow socially and mentally stronger as the time passes.

Although in Lilly's arc she is forced to make these changes because she 'wants to give Lilly and Hisao some space' I feel that if the story had continued when they come back from the Summer Holidays that, with the help from Hisao - Hanako would have become more and more confident over the remaining school year (2 terms).
Hanako>>>Lilly>>>Emi>>>Shizune>>>Rin

Did someone say Chrono Trigger?

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. I guess Four Leaf forgot to take this into account when they made the game. but it would have been nice if the girls you don't choose were shown getting help, or forming relationships with others. Then we wouldn't feel so damn guilty when we did someone's arc besides Emi or Hanako.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. I guess Four Leaf forgot to take this into account when they made the game. but it would have been nice if the girls you don't choose were shown getting help, or forming relationships with others. Then we wouldn't feel so damn guilty when we did someone's arc besides Emi or Hanako.
That would be a waste. It wouldn't add anything to the relevant story. It can easily just be assumed they get help eventually. Probability demands it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. I guess Four Leaf forgot to take this into account when they made the game. but it would have been nice if the girls you don't choose were shown getting help, or forming relationships with others. Then we wouldn't feel so damn guilty when we did someone's arc besides Emi or Hanako.
That would be a waste. It wouldn't add anything to the relevant story. It can easily just be assumed they get help eventually. Probability demands it.

Maybe, but a couple lines of text wouldn't take up all that much space overall. And it'd sure make me feel better.

For example, in Hanako's story, the one short scene where you're by the track and meet Miki for the first time. Would have been nice to just add a line about seeing "That girl who nearly ran me down in the hall" working out or running past with another boy. Not much, but just a glimmer of hope that shes not alone.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Kitsune Spirit

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

An epilogue is not that uncommon for movies, though in books its kinda rare. But in a VN it would have been kinda neat to see epilogues for the characters (perhaps as an extra once you did all the routes). It would have been really cool to see stuff like:

After graduating, Kenji started up an online publishing company and is still waiting for the Feminist invasion to happen.

Miki went on to become an Olympic gold medalist.

It wouldn't have to be a gigantic paragraph for every character, just a notation about them. :)

But whatever.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Maybe, but a couple lines of text wouldn't take up all that much space overall. And it'd sure make me feel better.

For example, in Hanako's story, the one short scene where you're by the track and meet Miki for the first time. Would have been nice to just add a line about seeing "That girl who nearly ran me down in the hall" working out or running past with another boy. Not much, but just a glimmer of hope that shes not alone.
Well, you could always assume she's not alone seeing as it's never stated that she is...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Raxiuscore

Post by Raxiuscore »

I've actually always wondered about her mentality in Lilly's route. Hisao and Lilly do seems to be spending a lot more time together and less time with her. I'm curious as to whether she thinks she's being abandoned there or not.
Hanako is actually the one spending less and less time with them, she starts hanging out with others, and starts a club. I dont feel sorry for hanako after finishing Lilly's story, but i did during most of it.
Never thought i would do it, but i really met a girl that gives me the same feelings as Katawa Shoujo did. I love you Maia <3
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hanako actually joined the existing newspaper club. But yeah, she got a lot of self-confidence in Lily's route. What gladdens me is that she chose to forge ahead of her own will.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."