Lilly's "Good" ending [SPOILER]

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Althamus

Re: Lilly's "Good" ending [SPOILER]

Post by Althamus »

Alexbond45 wrote:Doubt it, Hisao would probably get a heart attack while imagining this. Just my counter-theory.
A heart-attack within a heart-attack?

You need to go deeper.

Srsly though, I was thinking when I woke up in hospital that I'd gotten the bad ending, and it was going to be some kind of clyclic "life never really changes, it just goes around in circles and ends where it starts" thing.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

Sauron774 wrote: What if, when you have the heart attack you never really wake up and you just dream in a coma that Lilly comes back and that you go back to school to share your entire future together, what if, Lilly somehow managed to leave the music box to you, and the music that played made you unconsciously imagine a bright future with her while you were asleep in the hospital.
CRUEL LIES AND SLANDER!

...Joking aside, if that was truly the case, then there would be no 'happy' ending in Lilly arc, would there. Still, it's something to ponder.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Paddy wrote:
ShadeHaven wrote:Personally, I believe that if the writer(s) really intended to make it appear as if he was dreaming, they would have shown him waking up at the end, and most likely made that the bad ending as well. Although this does make me think of a question i'd like to ask. Does anyone ever feel like they're literally just watching a really long movie? Like your just being held captive somewhere watching your life unfold before you? Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually doing the things that I do, or I'm just watching and experiencing these things being done. I know its an abstract idea, and that I probably sound as if I'm under the influence, but I've always wondered.
Nah. The screens are too wide to be a movie. Unless they make movies with really wide and arched screens in whatever time and place you're in.

I follow ya though.

Sometimes I think an angel is looking through my eye sockets like I was one of those coin-operated binoculars you can find at sightseeing attractions. I'm still here, I'm not the angel, but I feel like he's using me to look at... something.
I thought about that, but man I swear one day I saw the edge of the screen. It freaked me out so bad.
megiddo

Post by megiddo »

I thought it was interesting that Lilly's good end is the only end in the entire game with an epilogue that plays out AFTER the credits roll.