Anybody ever think of a "Act 5" future of each character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pentaghost

Re: Anybody ever think of a "Act 5" future of each character

Post by Pentaghost »

I am far too cynical to see any of the relationships developing much beyond graduation, so an Act 5 in my mind would just be rather depressing. How many people actually end up with their high school girlfriend? I don't know but I imagine the statistics are rather one sided.
Autopsy

Post by Autopsy »

Pentaghost wrote:I am far too cynical to see any of the relationships developing much beyond graduation, so an Act 5 in my mind would just be rather depressing. How many people actually end up with their high school girlfriend? I don't know but I imagine the statistics are rather one sided.
You say that as if there isn't any hope. :? Most people seperate after graduation due to maturity or paths in life leading different directions. Hisao had overcome a lot or obstacles in most paths which can keep a couple together for a long time and, such as Lilly, they both had wanted the same goals in life.
Favorite Routes:
Emi
Lilly
Hanako
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Zig_Zac wrote:Does that leave the door open for future updates then?
Translations to other languages and typo/error fixes, sure. Significant overhauls, no.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Pentaghost

Post by Pentaghost »

Autopsy wrote:
Pentaghost wrote:I am far too cynical to see any of the relationships developing much beyond graduation, so an Act 5 in my mind would just be rather depressing. How many people actually end up with their high school girlfriend? I don't know but I imagine the statistics are rather one sided.
You say that as if there isn't any hope. :? Most people seperate after graduation due to maturity or paths in life leading different directions. Hisao had overcome a lot or obstacles in most paths which can keep a couple together for a long time and, such as Lilly, they both had wanted the same goals in life.
I know what you mean, Lilly was my favourite ending of the lot precisely because it had that happy ever after feel to it. With Rin and Shizune I just got the feeling that it was a short term thing; it seemed that without the school to keep them together they would drift apart. Weren't the last words of Shizune's route "We will meet again"? That implied to me that things were over between them and they'd meet up again somewhere down the line. Of course there are things to reinforce the argument that they stayed together after graduation but I'm more of a glass is half empty sort of guy.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

I still have to do Hanako and Rin yet, but I have no doubt in my mind that Emi and Lilly would probably have been long-term relationships. At least a few years, if not happily ever after, with their 2.5 kids and a black lab in a suburban house with a white picket fence around it and all that (or whatever Japan's equivalent of the American Dream is). I know Hisao would certainly try with all his might to hold these relationships together. And I think Lilly certainly would. I wonder about Emi, but I would be optimistic about their future.

Shizune... I am less sure of the permanence of her relationship with Hisao. :? I'm not really sure Shizune and Hisao's relationship was ever meant to be a lasting one. Shizune... just doesn't seem the committing type. :?
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Autopsy

Post by Autopsy »

Pentaghost wrote:
Autopsy wrote:
I know what you mean, Lilly was my favourite ending of the lot precisely because it had that happy ever after feel to it. With Rin and Shizune I just got the feeling that it was a short term thing; it seemed that without the school to keep them together they would drift apart. Weren't the last words of Shizune's route "We will meet again"? That implied to me that things were over between them and they'd meet up again somewhere down the line. Of course there are things to reinforce the argument that they stayed together after graduation but I'm more of a glass is half empty sort of guy.
Understood, but there is one problem.

Favorite Routes:
Emi
Lilly
Hanako
newnar

Post by newnar »

Technically, nobody said the glass had to be on Earth or within an atmosphere.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Lilly wakes up with her sight.

Sees Hisao's sweatervest.

Looks at her own hawtness in the mirror.

Leaves. No, runs.
Tempester

Post by Tempester »

metalangel wrote:Lilly wakes up with her sight.

Leaves. No, runs.
Experiencing vision for the first time in one's life after 18 years of blindness is sure to elicit much more consternation than merely balking at someone else's sense of fashion. Assuming it has happened at all, I would like to read a real-life account of such an event occurring, because the idea fascinates me.
Mmm, crispy!

My avatar is from Muv-Luv.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Tempester wrote:

Leaves. No, runs.
Experiencing vision for the first time in one's life after 18 years of blindness is sure to elicit much more consternation than merely balking at someone else's sense of fashion. Assuming it has happened at all, I would like to read a real-life account of such an event occurring, because the idea fascinates me.
You might wake up one day and experience a sense of humour for the first time in your life.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Tempester wrote:Experiencing vision for the first time in one's life after 18 years of blindness is sure to elicit much more consternation than merely balking at someone else's sense of fashion. Assuming it has happened at all, I would like to read a real-life account of such an event occurring, because the idea fascinates me.
Um, things don't just fix themselves overnight :P If somehow one did regain their sight, it would be over a significant time period giving you time to adjust.

The only way it could return immediately is through surgery or some other human interference. In which case it could happen but would hardly be miraculous.

Not sure a written account of it would be that interesting... apart from hearing someone describe sight as a new sensation (which would be interesting, although severely limited by language being unable to convey what I imagine they'd be feeling) I'd have thoguht the account would be quite standard.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

metalangel wrote:
Tempester wrote:

Leaves. No, runs.
You might wake up one day and experience a sense of humour for the first time in your life.
The same could be said for you. How can you make fun of Hisao's sexy sweatervest? If anything it would get Lilly in the mood for more blindfold adventures.
Autopsy

Post by Autopsy »

Actually, I read an article about a guy waking from bed and regaining his vision after 20 some years and he thought he was dead and went to see a doctor and it turned out he actually regained his sight.
Favorite Routes:
Emi
Lilly
Hanako
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Althamus wrote:
Tempester wrote:Experiencing vision for the first time in one's life after 18 years of blindness is sure to elicit much more consternation than merely balking at someone else's sense of fashion. Assuming it has happened at all, I would like to read a real-life account of such an event occurring, because the idea fascinates me.
Um, things don't just fix themselves overnight :P If somehow one did regain their sight, it would be over a significant time period giving you time to adjust.

The only way it could return immediately is through surgery or some other human interference. In which case it could happen but would hardly be miraculous.

Not sure a written account of it would be that interesting... apart from hearing someone describe sight as a new sensation (which would be interesting, although severely limited by language being unable to convey what I imagine they'd be feeling) I'd have thoguht the account would be quite standard.
They don't happen often, but scientifically inexplicable bouts of sudden sight or hearing or healing do occur.

My kind tend to call them "miracles". ;)

Also, modern medicine has made leaps and bounds in curing once-common diseases and disabilities:
http://www.parentdish.com/2009/10/27/do ... a-miracle/
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
MrDogsniper

Post by MrDogsniper »

metalangel
Attachments
16372117.jpg
16372117.jpg (37.89 KiB) Viewed 4087 times
Sandvich!