Rika, Saki and the Main girls

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

griffon8

Re: Rika, Saki and the Main girls

Post by griffon8 »

G3n0c1de wrote:For instance, the Shizune I've written in here is secretly lonely and emotionally vulnerable.
That's what I'm going with in my next story. :)
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
G3n0c1de

Re: Rika, Saki and the Main girls

Post by G3n0c1de »

Continuing my series on how the main girls would fare as close friends with Saki, I'll take a look at Lilly.

Well, both Lilly and Saki could be described as pleasant. The two would perhaps help eachother out. Saki would take Lilly out much more than Lilly normally would by herself. I could see them having fun outings in the city, and Saki giving Lilly fashion advice. Quiet afternoons in the tearoom wouldn't be as quiet. As pleasant as they are, I don't think Saki would be able to just sit still and soak it in, she's a girl of action. So the tearoom visits will contain a lot of conversation. Such a large part of Lilly's life is Hanako, so a lot of what I said in the Hanako post will probably apply here. In the worst case, Hanako will be left by the wayside, but I don't think this will happen. She will most likely be integrated into whatever activities Lilly and Saki do.

Then Saki's condition gets worse. During her bad times, Saki will remain quiet in the tea room, full of bitterness. If anything, Lilly is good at reading people, and will notice this. Upon asking her what is wrong, Saki will lash out at her, cursing the hand she was dealt. Lilly will be confused as to what to do. Lilly's caring instincts will yearn to help her, as she does with Hanako. But Hanako is submissive, and quiet. I'm not so sure Saki would like the idea that she needs help, so Lilly might hold off out of caution. Lilly's blindness will hamper her efforts here, but she will do her best. While the strain of looking after two people may wear Lilly down, she will persevere. Hanako may also step in and assist Lilly. In the end, Saki will be grateful.

Toward the end, I can see a role reversal of sorts, with Lilly taking Saki out of the hospital for one last night on the town. Saki will now be in a wheelchair, so in her largest show of responsibility yet, Hanako will be tasked with guiding the two of them. They'd relive all of their memories of time spent in the city. In the hospital room, there would be long periods of silence, the two just grateful sharing each other's company. There's some sort of connection between the two. One word to describe the atmosphere would be 'peaceful.' Lilly seems strong, and well prepared to accept Saki's passing. Lilly will remember her as she was during the good times.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.