Rin: thalidomide *and* crazy?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DESU

Re: Rin: thalidomide *and* crazy?

Post by DESU »

rin is tripping balls 24/7
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Leotrak wrote:
Csihar wrote: Also, FWIW, I had a girlfriend once who was every bit as quirky as Rin, and although she did have some mild OCD and depression, she was basically completely sane. Just really unconventional.
You should get the two of them to "meet" :P
Now THAT'S what I call a crossover fanfic... :idea:
DESU wrote:rin is tripping balls 24/7
Blame the paint thinner.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Well Rin is an Artist, first and foremost, Artist Create and in a lot of ancient religion and philosophy the Creative Principle is none less pure caothic energy and can look a bit maddening in the limit of human intellect especially for a rational mind. The more an Artist draw from it trying to be trascendental the more he/she/it could look mad from the common people. After all people like Paganini, Lovecraft, Van Gogh, Keith Moon where for us common people a "little" mad. But do they? Or they just speack with a voice more sane than our reality itself and are just us "common" people the mad?
Is just a matther of prospective and developed standard that could be or not be what reality really is.
After all the glass could be half empty or half filled ... or just there is no glass.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

the thalidomide birth defect was dropped because it's anachronistic. I'm not going to spare the minimal effort to find the specifics, but the whole thalidomide thing was decades ago. How's an early 21st Century teenager supposed to be suffering from it? All that's changed is that she has stumps instead of flippers and there can't be a really weird handjob scene.

I find Rin's personality intriguing. She's the "weird chick" sterotype (think Osaka) done in a new way.
a3d

Post by a3d »

Well who says disabled people can't be a little off the hook too? Besides when have you met a great artist that was perfectly normal? They say there is a very thin line between madness and absolute genius, take Van Gogh for example, a brilliant Dutch artist but the fella cut off his own ear. Sometimes the line between madness and genius disappears and some people are mad geniuses.

Like Rin.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

a3d wrote:Well who says disabled people can't be a little off the hook too? Besides when have you met a great artist that was perfectly normal? They say there is a very thin line between madness and absolute genius, take Van Gogh for example, a brilliant Dutch artist but the fella cut off his own ear. Sometimes the line between madness and genius disappears and some people are mad geniuses.

Like Rin.
Cutting your own ear with a blade held by a foot would be an epic deed worth of legend.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

OH GOD PLEASE LET THAT BE OUR BAD END RIN.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
SnigendePind

Post by SnigendePind »

I think Rin is a stoner.
Some people don't have arms. So what? Some people don't see colors, either.
- WetCrate

<@Raide> why does it sad to be touched? shouldn't you get a boner?

90% of the students were actually sent to Yamaku for being too lesbian. All those disabilities going around are just curious coincidence.
- Minister of Gloom

Made you look.

Post by Guest »

We have a winrar.

You guessed it. Rin is constantly high. One of the things in her arc will be helping her kick her drug habit
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Guest wrote:
We have a winrar.

You guessed it. Rin is constantly high. One of the things in her arc will be helping her kick her drug habit
Kick, because she can't punch.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Interesting article on how creative minds are different from less creative types.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/10154775.stm

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

To be honest, I have to identify with Rin. Even though I don't act exactly like her, you might find me weird at first if you met me in person. I feel like I can express myself better in writing (even though my skills aren't the best) then in speech and some find that strange when I can't do presentations. + You definitely would find me interesting as my mind is always thinking and looking; I really can get riled up at times.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

I think I'm like Rin the most out of any of the characters. Except she's better at painting than me. I can't paint, or draw. It's aggravating since I really want to well, but lack the will and self-esteem, I guess. But people call me weird and random all the time. When I played through Rin's route I argued with her in my mind. My train of thought can be similar to hers, but that's usually when I'm bored and when I don't have much time to think about what I'm saying (like I do now), so I come off as less weird.
Kota

Post by Kota »

Normal people are those that do nothing with their lives but live, so that they may continue the human species.

Eccentric people, every single person that's "not normal" is potentially the one that brings humanity forward as a group, because their mentality doesn't allow them to fade into the crowd. Not being chained also means they're more likely to be selfdestructive.

Ask yourself which Rin is.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Kota wrote:Normal people are those that do nothing with their lives but live, so that they may continue the human species.

Eccentric people, every single person that's "not normal" is potentially the one that brings humanity forward as a group, because their mentality doesn't allow them to fade into the crowd. Not being chained also means they're more likely to be selfdestructive.

Ask yourself which Rin is.
And suddenly, I have a mental image of Rin the suicide bomber... >_<

Eurgh, too much Jeff Dunham -_-
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune