Two Favorite Girls

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Two Favorite Girls (in no particular order)

Emi & Hanako
5%
Hanako & Rin
15%
Rin & Shizune
12%
Shizune & Lilly
6%
Lilly & Emi
6%
Rin & Lilly
16%
Shizune & Emi
4%
Emi & Rin
4%
Shizune & Hanako
10%
Lilly & Hanako
21%

Total votes: 281

ContinualNaba

Re: Two Favorite Girls

Post by ContinualNaba »

Hanako and Shizune. Because I'm a man who loves his extremes.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Like i've said before. I'm a Hanako and Rin fan, my #1 and #1.2 girls :mrgreen:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Lily and Emi. Because they aren't Hanako, Rin or Shizune.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

For those curious, the individual the tally so far (the other poll was skewed anyway):

Code: Select all

Lilly..... 78 ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///
Rin....... 71 ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// /
Hanako.... 64 ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ////
Shizune... 56 ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// /
Emi....... 33 ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///
So it looks like there's a lot more spread when the top 2 are considered, which is good. Emi is still the least poplar though ;_;

Check back on this post every few days, 'cause I'll be updating it.
Last edited by Caesius on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Shizune is my clear favorite, and I choose Emi as second favorite, but she isn't all that far above the other three girls. Don't get me wrong, I do like all the other girls, but they weren't able to draw me in as much as Shizune did.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

My vote was for Rin + Hanako.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

I'd go with Rin and Hanako, but unfortunately I accidentally marked "Shizune and Hanako", so I'll go with that instead.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
atat

Post by atat »

Esa94 wrote:I thought PhpBB allowed you to make a poll with multiple selectable choices.
Yes, you can but it's about the combination of the two, and that's impossible to tell unless the choices are 'tied' to each other.
I would of liked to have 20 choices, with each character 'leading' and 'following' so you could specify 'favorites' and 'second favorites' combo's but eh. No biggie.
So, who wants to do the "Three Favorite Girls"-thread? Funnily enough, the number of possible pairings will not increase, there are still just 10 ways to chose 3 different girls out of 5.
Not as important, I think most people at best have a fav and a second fav, after that it's all down hill.
If it were easy to setup poll to rank in order of all five at once, for each person that would be great, but their ain't. So, shrug. I'm just curious mostly. Like I have already noticed, there is very little cross over love from Emi to Hanako. So people who like our spunky little munchkin don't like the quite and meek?

As of the moment I'm posting this, it seems the Lilly is taking a firm hold. Which is interesting because individually she looses out to Hanako and Rin (I think, but it's hard to tell because of how that poll got messed up, I hope there is not the same kind of douchebaggery around here) but when you count up all her 'secondary points' she seems to come out on top?
Last edited by atat on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nixons back!!!!
atat

Post by atat »

Juno wrote:Things might change when the full game comes and the characters fully develop, but right now Lilly & Rin for me.
Also Mr. Pollmaker, edit that "Shuzune & Emi" entry please.
whoops :)
Nixons back!!!!
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

I think it's interesting to see that the pairing Hanako & Emi gets very few votes. Seems like the fans of Hanako and Emi are two different groups of people. If you like one of them, you tend to dislike the other.
atat wrote:Not as important, I think most people at best have a fav and a second fav, after that it's all down hill.
Yeah, I was just kidding. I guess a "Four Favorite Girls"-thread would make sense, though. It would just be a more polite form of a "Least Favorite Girl"-thread :mrgreen: . But then again, I don't think a thread such as the latter should exist, since it would most likely end up in people throwing feces at each other.
Quell wrote:Although I kinda wonder if Emi would be a more clear second if her ending was less "blah".
Yeah, I didn't really like the end. At first, Emi was my least favorite character, but recently, I have started to like her a little more. My problem with Emi is that she's too cheerful for my taste. This may sound horrible, but I want to see her cheerfulness destroyed, I want to see something bad happening to her (Oh god, that actually DOES sound horrible and I hate myself for saying it). It's just that I don't see much of a possibilty for character development. Emi gives me the impression that she is perfectly fine: She has no problems and she doesn't need Hisao - she doesn't need anyone.

I already wrote this on the Shimmie: I could imagine something like this happening:[shimmie]162[/shimmie]

Her prosthetics break and she has to use a wheelchair until she gets new ones, just like after her accident. Being reminded of her own limits and of the horrible time after the accident, she would fall back into depression.
I think something like this - her cheerfulness being challenged - would be interesting. But maybe, this is just the white knight inside of me speaking. I guess this is what Kotomine from the Fate/stay night VN was talking about when he said that if you want to be a hero, you have to wish for something bad to happen to the people you want to protect. This is the dark side of the white knight.
Panty Supervisor wrote:And of course, I want to know what sex with a blind girl is like. :D
Csihar wrote:Three words: Heightened touch sensitivity. 8)
Yeah, that would be relevant to my interests. I think this picture hits the bullseye in that regard. [shimmie]1510[/shimmie]
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Panty Supervisor wrote:My problem with Emi is that she's too cheerful for my taste. This may sound horrible, but I want to see her cheerfulness destroyed, I want to see something bad happening to her (Oh god, that actually DOES sound horrible and I hate myself for saying it). It's just that I don't see much of a possibilty for character development. Emi gives me the impression that she is perfectly fine: She has no problems and she doesn't need Hisao - she doesn't need anyone.
Oh yeah, depression. It makes any story better.

No, seriously. Depression is a great story element in my opinion. Or maybe I'm just evil or weird or both or something.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

It is quite unlikely that a girl in her situation would have no emotional problems at all. The way I see it, the whole cheerfulness thing is merely a facade, or perhaps a shell with which to coat her true feelings so that she would not break down. It is not an uncommon way of dealing with trauma. Perhaps you will get to see her less happy if you get closer to her.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I think it's like pairs of shoes for normal people, she probably has extra prostheses in case they break. Aside from the fact that she could also wear her normal legs if she didn't have extra running legs. Though this is missing the point of your post, the depression thing. I think all of the girls will have some sort of thing to get through, don't worry about that. I can see Emi getting very frustrated with something, perhaps with Hisao.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

I chose Hanako and Rin. Hanako for the shyness, mystery, and overall moeness, Rin for her awesome personality and her having no arms is kinda moe, too.

I agree that I want something bad to happen to Emi. If the writer doesn't make her a whiney and annoying bitch, then I think people could like her more. But her prosthetics breaking would only be a problem mentally. I watched a video posted on KS's twitter where some guy interviewed a lady with prosthetic legs and she said she had 14 pairs.
atat

Post by atat »

Ok just a quick tally if you looking at this as an interesting way of finding the most favorite single character. (which it is because it allows people to place there secondary). The tally is:

Lilly: 47
Rin: 41
Hanako: 41
Shizune: 32
Emi: 23

That is all.
Nixons back!!!!