A couple staff questions

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Csihar

Re: A couple staff questions

Post by Csihar »

Okay, here's another one for you. We all know it's pointless/annoying to ask how far along the game's development is in a relative sense (and if this question's too similar, a simple "STFU" would be perfectly acceptable as an answer), but I was wondering: about how many of its individual components have been finished so far, objectively speaking? In other words, what would be a rough estimate of how many CGs, path scripts, music tracks, etc. exist in a state right now such that they'll probably make it into the finished game without any further tweaking? Again, pure curiosity. Considering the length of the game and how long it's been in production, I imagine it's a pretty hefty amount, but I also know any artist (or team thereof) tends to want to endlessly nitpick and revise their work, so I may be wrong.

(Sorry if the wording in this post is a little confusing; brain no work so good today.)
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Re: A couple staff questions

Post by Suriko »

Well, at least you phrased it better than most attempts.

The most I could really give is that the sprites are pretty much done, and as per the blog Hanako path's second draft (which is final, aside from editing) is also basically done. Right now it's mostly a matter of grinding CGs, writing scenes, editing what's been done of the second drafts, and directing them. The former two are by far the things that take the longest time. CGs which have been done are not usually edited afterwards, unless something like extra expressions are needed for the scene it's in.

Basically, the sprites and CGs that have been drawn are unlikely to change much outside of extra expressions as direction occurs, and second draft writing will only change insofar as editing goes.