KS school

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aust Kyzor

Re: KS school

Post by Aust Kyzor »

CindehQ wrote:
Aust Kyzor wrote:Going back to the original post's question - yes, schools for the disabled DO exist, but I'm pretty sure nothing on the scale of Yamaku - the situation of Lilly, Rin, Emi, Kenjii, Hisao, Hanako, Shizune, and Misha being in the same school in real life is VERY unlikely, as they often have specialty schools for the blind and deaf. Rin, Emi, Hisao, and MAYBE Hanako would be there, while Shizune would be in a school for the deaf, and Lilly & Kenjii would both be at a school for the blind. Misha would likely be at a normal high school, but taking sign language courses somewhere.

Not to say that a school like Yamaku would be a bad idea.
Well Yamaku itself doesn't have any rules against who can and cannot go to the school, it's just obvious what type of students would want to go the school. In Shizune's case, her father doesn't seem to be very considerate of her condition. Not only does he not know sign but he's attempted to try and "normalize" her in the past (maybe try to teach her to lip read?), I wouldn't be surprised if he just went and said "School for cripples? Good, send her away there!" Without considering sending her to a school for the deaf. Lily's mentioned that she used to go to a different school (I don't know much else as I haven't played her path), but she didn't appear to like it there, due to its strictness.
In act 1 she mentioned going to an all-girls school before. Now, as far as I know, All-Girls schools in japan are religious in nature, and extremely strict. I know I would have hated going to an all-girls school, never mind somebody with a personality like Lilly's.

Heck, I actively disliked the strictness of the co-ed catholic school I DID go to (mostly because schools like that tend to have a lot of corruption and favouritism towards certain students)
Manual breathing activated!

Lilly=Emi>>>Hanako=Shizune=Rin=Misha

In terms of STORY, on the other hand - so far:
Lilly's>Emi's>>>>Rin's>>>>>>>>Shizune's>Hanako's

Complete: Hanako, Rin, Shizune, Emi, Lilly
What now? Now I cry over how beautiful the whole thing was.
CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

Aust Kyzor wrote:
CindehQ wrote:
Aust Kyzor wrote:Going back to the original post's question - yes, schools for the disabled DO exist, but I'm pretty sure nothing on the scale of Yamaku - the situation of Lilly, Rin, Emi, Kenjii, Hisao, Hanako, Shizune, and Misha being in the same school in real life is VERY unlikely, as they often have specialty schools for the blind and deaf. Rin, Emi, Hisao, and MAYBE Hanako would be there, while Shizune would be in a school for the deaf, and Lilly & Kenjii would both be at a school for the blind. Misha would likely be at a normal high school, but taking sign language courses somewhere.

Not to say that a school like Yamaku would be a bad idea.
Well Yamaku itself doesn't have any rules against who can and cannot go to the school, it's just obvious what type of students would want to go the school. In Shizune's case, her father doesn't seem to be very considerate of her condition. Not only does he not know sign but he's attempted to try and "normalize" her in the past (maybe try to teach her to lip read?), I wouldn't be surprised if he just went and said "School for cripples? Good, send her away there!" Without considering sending her to a school for the deaf. Lily's mentioned that she used to go to a different school (I don't know much else as I haven't played her path), but she didn't appear to like it there, due to its strictness.
In act 1 she mentioned going to an all-girls school before. Now, as far as I know, All-Girls schools in japan are religious in nature, and extremely strict. I know I would have hated going to an all-girls school, never mind somebody with a personality like Lilly's.

Heck, I actively disliked the strictness of the co-ed catholic school I DID go to (mostly because schools like that tend to have a lot of corruption and favouritism towards certain students)
Haha, I've never been to a Catholic school but all my friends who have seem to say that as well. They told me their Catholic school had a big drug problem, how ironic...
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Special-needs schools do exist, though they bear little resemblance to Yamaku. Mutou himself points out that Yamaku isn't actually all that well-designed for accessibility, which leads me to wonder what the buildings might have been used for before. Other, of course, than being Brown University (speaking of which, what do they think of the game?)

What Yamaku really seems to resemble, more than anything else, is a cross between several different kinds of special-needs schools, plus a hospital school. A real-world analogue to Hisao might have attended one of this latter type of school during his time in the hospital, as might a real-world Hanako when she was first recovering from the fire (a real-world Emi might have too, for the year after her accident, but then she wouldn't have been a year behind). But those aren't necessarily designed with permanent students in mind, which is where Yamaku differs.