Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Revvy

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Revvy »

Really feeling discouraged with life in general today KSF.

First i find out that my ex cheated on me with my brother. Then I am told that the girl I am recently getting close to is just leading me on.
And I feel discouraged from writing ever again due to a lack of interest from others, which sucks because I love writing.
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

Revvy wrote:Really feeling discouraged with life in general today KSF.

First i find out that my ex cheated on me with my brother. Then I am told that the girl I am recently getting close to is just leading me on.
And I feel discouraged from writing ever again due to a lack of interest from others, which sucks because I love writing.
I cant really help with the whole girl situation as I avoid it myself because its just not worth it, but when it comes to writing you should definitely carry on! Do it because you love it, do it for you. Who cares if no one else cares? I write a story that only 2 people saw, I dont plan on writing ever again but I had immense fun writing it and still enjoy remembering it. I guess I'd write more if I knew how to write properly, heh.
Image Kaede <3
Wanderingheartache

Post by Wanderingheartache »

I know how you feel, I've been down that road before... I can honestly tell you that giving up writing is not a good idea. Who cares what others think? I find it to be therapeutic to continue to write and escape this world for short moments of time. Yes, I do admit it feels nice to have an audience to write for... but that's not everything if you truly have a passion for what you write. As for the girl leading you on as people claim... I'm not really sure how to take that really, who exactly is telling you this? I know that some family members and really close friends may have some concern for you... but I feel it may be jumping the gun if they are comparing her to your ex.

All I can say is tread carefully, keep writing if you enjoy it... and try not to let people bring you down.
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

(no avatar, I choose to be faceless willingly...)
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Channel your heartache into writing - it's cathartic.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Good thing she's your ex then, isn't it? And I wouldn't just take things as fact for being told them. People lie. Nicer people still misinterpret things. Interrogate the source.

As for writing, screw interest. Years ago, I collaborated on two stories (one a sequel to the last) that nobody ever read...And have since lost every copy. Roughly a year ago, I wrote (alone this time) another couple stories (again, one was a sequel to the other) that maybe had six readers at any given time and only two or three who did so regularly. Those stories I had the foresight to save, thankfully.

I thought of cancelling them too but I never did and, for being basically fanfiction, they turned out pretty good. They were based on Minecraft of all bloody things but I liked writing them and occasionally go back to read them.

The point is, unless you're a professional author out to get published and make a living off of it, you don't need an audience. And if you get one, even a small one, you've done better than a good chunk of people already. I checked that writing of yours and stopped after "what the hell is a 'Hiichan'?" because I was rolling my eyes in exasperation (because of Misha, not the writing!) but it does seem that people read it. Might not be a lot but it's enough. Plus it gave me an idea for a story. :mrgreen:

And try what Helbereth said if it helps. I was feeling crummy during my last story and I had the main protagonist betrayed, beaten, and left to die in a hole. It was cathartic and it left an opening to introduce the plot elements I needed. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Just a little update guys. Yesterday I was cornered in a store by her parents, and I snapped. I told them off pretty badly, badly enough that while they backed off of me tears appeared in their eyes. My mother always said I had a special gift with words, that I had more control over how I wanted someone else to feel than most people. That explains why I sound monotone when I talk on here sometimes.

But I couldn't stop myself from saying certain things. For example, what she really thought of them.

I don't know what to do, I feel so guilty.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Xiious wrote:Just a little update guys. Yesterday I was cornered in a store by her parents, and I snapped. I told them off pretty badly, badly enough that while they backed off of me tears appeared in their eyes. My mother always said I had a special gift with words, that I had more control over how I wanted someone else to feel than most people. That explains why I sound monotone when I talk on here sometimes.

But I couldn't stop myself from saying certain things. For example, what she really thought of them.

I don't know what to do, I feel so guilty.
At the risk of sounding like a jerk, they probably needed to hear it. Give it a few days and see if you can't patch it up.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

I know what you mean. I used to draw almost every day but stopped due to lack of interest. I wasn't bad at it and I did enjoy it, even got some feedback from rtil, but I still stopped. But recently I realized I should start again because I remember how good it made me feel. When I drew I forgot everything else and I began to take that for granted. Now I've stopped and I want to start again ASAP :D

Don't stop writing if its what you enjoy. because if not for anyone else, do it for yourself. I'm sure you're life is much better with writing in it, so keep it that way.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Xiious wrote:I don't know what to do, I feel so guilty.
You've had a hard few days, mate. I hope things get at least a little better soon.

If you blew up at them in a shop you probably owe them an apology, at least for that. They might have been wrong to try to pin you down, but it sounds like you were more wrong. Put it in writing if you can't face them, but that sort of thing is best done in person.

I don't know them or the particulars but they may have been worried about you. That's one reason someone might pin someone down and pry.
Be sure to carefully consider the source of this information and whether it is reliable or not. We all tend to believe the worst when it comes to gossip. If it's true, your brother deserves a punch in the dick. That's just not cricket.

As for the girl, have you made your feelings about her known? She might be operating under the wrong impression.

Keep writing, as the others said. Even if what you're currently working on doesn't find an audience, the practice still makes you better. I don't write, but my wife does. It's good for you.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Revvy, please write! :D I'll read it! :D
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

So I've started a story picking up after the ill-fated "manly" picnic...It should be some time before I ever post it up anywhere though. I'm debating whether to have Hisao survive or introduce a new student to Yamaku (amidst decidely more depressing conditions than an upcoming festival, mind you).

Also, I really wish Hideaki had been at that picnic. Just for irony. xD

And as for my sculpting, I opted to do a simple pose of Rin. Included will be a tiny paintbrush insertable (and likewise removable) into her mouth because I like adding little optional touches like that.. No sculpting has yet begun as I'm low on supplies and need to do measurements and such anyway.
Last edited by Xanatos on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Walrusfella wrote:
You've had a hard few days, mate. I hope things get at least a little better soon.

If you blew up at them in a shop you probably owe them an apology, at least for that. They might have been wrong to try to pin you down, but it sounds like you were more wrong. Put it in writing if you can't face them, but that sort of thing is best done in person.

I don't know them or the particulars but they may have been worried about you. That's one reason someone might pin someone down and pry.
Agreed Walrusfella. That is also why I recommended that written explanation etc before, to let them know you don't want to engage in conversation if they keep pressuring you. By doing that in writing it allows you to formulate it in a peaceful manner and to avoid saying things you rather wouldn't say to them. I'd still write it, but include an apology for that outburst. Better say sorry too often than not enough.

@Xanatos: roflmao, have fun writing that :)

A bit off-topic: I'll be gone for a few days, as I'm going on a holiday to Paris from Monday till Thursday (renting a flat in central Paris) :)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kutagh wrote:
Walrusfella wrote:

Agreed Walrusfella. That is also why I recommended that written explanation etc before, to let them know you don't want to engage in conversation if they keep pressuring you. By doing that in writing it allows you to formulate it in a peaceful manner and to avoid saying things you rather wouldn't say to them. I'd still write it, but include an apology for that outburst. Better say sorry too often than not enough.

@Xanatos: roflmao, have fun writing that :)

A bit off-topic: I'll be gone for a few days, as I'm going on a holiday to Paris from Monday till Thursday (renting a flat in central Paris) :)
I won't be writing Hideaki into the picnic as much as I'd like to. :lol: Plus I need to 100% the game to get a complete feel for the characters. There's a reason my last stories were based in Minecraftland: No established characters to ruin. xD

Paris sounds like a nice place to visit. Enjoy. :) (Also, the only reason I know what a "flat" is is because I read a ton of Anne Rice XD)
gragon

Post by gragon »

okey im realy confused.

today i was at my dads house. and we had dinner with the 3 of us (my steph mom was upstairs because she needed to care for her newborn baby) well anyways we had dinner and my lil'brother wouldn't stop crying so being the dad he is he gave my 1 and a half year old brother one spank. and well inside i got pretty fucking pissd. but my brother kept crying so my dad took away his dessert. (he should have done that instead of the spanking in the first place)

so my 1 and a half year old brother goes to bed after dessert. and my dad says if you want you can eat his dessert too and he walks upstairs. and here i am even more pissed at my dad for giving me the choice to eat the dessert of my lil borther. i felt guilty even for getting the choice so i put it in the refrigerator but is till felt guilty and i dont know why.

and about the writing and drawing etc i enjoyed writing a lot too you can let your feelings go. but i prefer to do that with acting you can just cry without anyone going you realy are crying
''Bear with the pain,but dont admit to it either'' ''climb the tree of problems and eat the apple of succes''
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

@Revvy: don't stop writing. It doesn't matter if you have an audience or not. Write it just to write. Write it for you.

I find that writing helps with depression. It helps get your mind off of it. I have some stories and fanfics that I've written that have never been, and may never be posted anywhere. Sometimes they are a way for me to work out a fantasy I have and - in a sense - make it real, at least on paper. It is easier to relIve it again if I can go back and read through it rather than just try to remember it.

I'm currently working on a rewrite of my first KS fanfic "an emotional night", working on one that is post hanako good ending, one post Sora's ending in Homeward, and I have an idea in my head for an Angel Beats! Fanfic. Honestly, it keeps me kinda busy. The ones I have in progress have been for about a month now, as I want to make sure they are well written and take my time so they aren't rushed.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.