How well with KS stand up to the other great VN?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kosherbacon

Re: How well with KS stand up to the other great VN?

Post by kosherbacon »

delta wrote: No, it's like saying that Honda Civics with aftermarket huge spoilers and fartcans are the future of automobiles.
Actually, that kind've junk is, unfortunately.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Well, in any case we'll always remain the the equivalent of a car built in a shed in Yorkshire by a spanner with a hammer.
Bara

Post by Bara »

delta wrote:Well, in any case we'll always remain the the equivalent of a car built in a shed in Yorkshire by a spanner with a hammer.
Better Yorkshire than Paris. You guys won't forget the story for the artsy-fartsy embellishments.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

I liked the animated characters shown in that White Album video. Though the lip sync seems a little annoyingly off, and the breathing looks a bit too exaggerated. But the blinking, hair swaying, arm and hair movements I love. But I'd only want it if they didn't have to sacrifice too much artistic quality, so I'd only like it for high-budget releases, I guess. But most of it doesn't annoy me at all, or feel too unnatural.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

delta wrote:Well, in any case we'll always remain the the equivalent of a car built in a shed in Yorkshire by a spanner with a hammer.
Lovingly crafted and full of character? I'm cool with that. :)
Bara

Post by Bara »

Csihar wrote:So I saw this article on Japanator about a remake of an (apparently classic) eroge called White Album, which features something they call "squishy sprites." Basically, the sprites are still basically all stationary poses like in most VNs, but somebody figured out how to make them move in small, organic ways that make them look a lot more convincing than usual. It's pretty impressive actually, once the initial weirdness wears off.

I'm sure it would be impossible to do in Katawa Shoujo (between the time involved, technical expertise, platform, etc. etc.), but damn, wouldn't it be cool if KS got remade to look like that someday? Not to mention that similar quality voicework would be pretty awesome too.

(I was going to make this its own topic, but hopefully this thread is a slightly better place for it... maybe.)
Hmmm, I looked at the clip and it reminded me of the "at rest" body movements you see in most MMO's along with a few very simple animation elements. I mean it is nice enough but not blow-my-socks-off-gotta-have-it good.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
DisregardwhatIjust

Post by DisregardwhatIjust »

This one time, I was surfing /b/ and I found some stuff; and somehow I ended up here. I realised a fond love of well written books and VNs; i'd have to say KS is easily one of my favourites just from the demo. Btw the spellcheck hates my British / Canadian English.
Disregard what I just said please. Sleep.
DESU

Post by DESU »

well i was randomly browsing /a/ (as usual) and stumbeled upon a YMK thread, and saw this post.
KSbetterThanYMK.PNG
KSbetterThanYMK.PNG (2.71 KiB) Viewed 4554 times
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Well, replay KS some more obviously. Just like what I'm doing right now. Someone please control my mouse clicks so that I don't choose Shizune's path every single time because it has the best ending of Act 1.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

on /c/ there's most of the time at least one general Katawa shoujo/ Hanako thread up. Not kept alive just by me as well. Mostly there aren't any more VN characters up. sometimes F/SN but that's just about it in VN industry which makes KS rank very very high
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Xuan wrote:Well, replay KS some more obviously. Just like what I'm doing right now. Someone please control my mouse clicks so that I don't choose Shizune's path every single time because it has the best ending of Act 1.
Make it a competition! See if you can resist Shizune's wily charms! I know I can't :(
静音是买外夫
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Xuan wrote:Well, replay KS some more obviously. Just like what I'm doing right now. Someone please control my mouse clicks so that I don't choose Shizune's path every single time because it has the best ending of Act 1.

Give up and see the fireworks with her again. Once you have seen lady Shizune's charm, you can never escape.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Shades of Grey wrote:
Give up and see the fireworks with her again. Once you have seen lady Shizune's charm, you can never escape.
Oddly enough, I can.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Not everyone sees it.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Shades of Grey wrote:Not everyone sees it.
Maybe, but I think everyone would like to see her naked.

I declare this character a success!
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.