Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

sonyslayer

Re: Ask!

Post by sonyslayer »

Why does hisao look so derpy in the shizune route. :?
Daggett

Post by Daggett »

I have gotten 100% completion, but in the "Gallery" section under "Extras" the very last scene, the one after the one with all the on screen pop up things, is still blank. Am I missing some secret scene? Or is it meant to be like that?

Thank you for making this game by the way.
Individuality's fine... As long as we all do it together.
Erthel

Post by Erthel »

Why is there a blackboard in the visual disabled classroom?
Out-All Knight

Post by Out-All Knight »

A small question but what medium were the staff storing all the scenario scripts in the game and how large are they?

Also, How is it possible for Misha to have those Boingy Drills of hers?
A great hairstylist?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

extremepiwy wrote:This is my question to all of the writers for KS.

How far ahead to you plan for your route when you first started? Did you already have the plot,climax and ending sorted out or was it like a "plan as you go" method"?
It varied from writer to writer, but as a rule of thumb we had everything planned out ahead. I was one of the more methodical writers, and had a very detailed plan for the Rin path before I started actually writing.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

sonyslayer wrote:Why does hisao look so derpy in the shizune route. :?
Moekki likes him that way.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Erthel wrote:Why is there a blackboard in the visual disabled classroom?
When the class misbehaves, the teacher punishes them by scratching it with her fingernails.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Out-All Knight wrote:A small question but what medium were the staff storing all the scenario scripts in the game and how large are they?

Also, How is it possible for Misha to have those Boingy Drills of hers?
A great hairstylist?
Medium? If you mean file format, they are .rpy files because that's what Ren'py uses for its file extension. The game script files put together are something of the order of 3.5MB or so, but a whole bunch of that is the game direction scripting.

Misha makes hair product companies happy in the pants.
Out-All Knight

Post by Out-All Knight »

Is it possible to transfer the save states of your original slots in the game? (Like transfering to another PC and installing Katawa Shoujo)

Also, Is there a Girl in one of your staffs?
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Mirrormn wrote:Moekki, kamifish, Pimmy, and Weee are female. I believe they all worked as artists.
How many marriage proposals they receive daily since KS was released?
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

How old is Shizune?
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I've just managed to find and play through the old Grid1 version recently. I realize that it was a very rough draft, but I had a few questions about some thing that appeared there and not in he later versions.

1. The order you meet the girls in seems to vary depending on what actions you take and there seemed to be an emphasis on where everything is in the school in relation to each other, in addition to a mention of maps. Was the original game intended to be less linear or would it have become more linear again after act 1 was over?

2. There seemed to be a lot of talk about the history of the school itself. Was this meant to play any important part or was it just background information?

3. Hanako seemed to like high places in this version. What was the intention behind that and why was it dropped?
Not Dead Yet
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

1. Well, there really is no "original" game since we only produced this one, but the very earliest incarnations of Grid1 had behind them the idea of building a binary tree. That is, one path splitting, again and again, until an end was reached.

Needless to say, the amount of work behind such an idea would have MURDERED us, so we unsurprisingly abandoned it.

3. She was supposed to have taken up climbing as a hobby since early childhood (and be a physically strong girl, too). We changed our mind.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Denine

Post by Denine »

This is going to sound very weird, but why "Wiosna" have it's name?
The reason why I'm asking this is because in my native language "Wiosna" means "Spring".I wondered if someone from Poland composed it.
Sorry if it sounded silly, I'm just curious :D
Paths done (in order): Hanako, Lilly, Shizune, Emi, Rin
Hardest decision so far: Agree with Lilly or trust my own judgement in Hanako path.
Dcjboi

Post by Dcjboi »

A few questions to the artists of KS in general about their work.

When drawing a character what proportions would you use for drawing the face and the head?

I am absolutely horrible when it comes to drawing original hairstyles... any tips?

What were the most difficult things for you to draw?

How long does it usually take for you to draw a profile view of a character?