New Fantasy Visual Novel Project: Lux Iris. Looking for Recr

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Magic

New Fantasy Visual Novel Project: Lux Iris. Looking for Recr

Post by Magic »

Lux Iris Visual Novel Project

Inspired by Katawa Shoujo, we want to create a Visual Novel diverging from the typical mold. It actually began as a web-manga, but due to an unfortunate event, we could not bring it into fruition. With the release of Katawa Shoujo and other amateur VN projects, we are determined to see this project through to the end.

So, with the effort to attract fellow creative people, I'm putting together a preview of our vision. Over the course of a month, I've learned the basics of Ren'Py, a Python-based game engine commonly used to create VNs, and wrote one of several prologue chapters into it. I am currently using placeholder images for the backgrounds until a design choice is finalized.

Sample: http://forums.lux-iris.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10

The premise:
The story is set in an original but generic fantasy world. It follows the adventures of several characters with radically different backgrounds who are part of an adventuring agency. An agency is a company whose employees take on dangerous jobs. While each has their own personal agenda, they all have a stake in the world-changing events that are developing around them.

Setting: Hard Fantasy
Genre: Adventure, drama, mature.
Presentation: Third-person view, multiple POVs, linear story.
Engine: Ren'Py
Release: The current plan is to release it for free.

The Team:
Writer: Magic (Myself)
Editors: Ren (Story), C-Kun (Proofreading), LandBassShark (Grammar)
Artists: Aisolus (Colorist)
Music Composer: Walko [Sample: http://forums.lux-iris.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9]

Right now, we want to build a team. What will follow is brain storming/drafting to flesh out the setting and story. Once we have a good grasp of the scale, we'll need to figure out the amount of assets that we need, and who will do what. The first milestone will be completing the prologue chapters, which will also serve as the demo version.
None of us have any experience with making VNs. We do not expect anyone who wants to join to have any. We can learn as we go. But what we do expect applicants to have a skill to bring to the table, and the dedication and time to make this a game worth playing.

What we want:
• Writers
• Artists (Background, CGs, sprites, colorists)
• Programmer (Python)
• Director
• PR/Marketer/Community Manager

I will be self-funding this project. I have a significant portion of my income that I can spare. So, we are willing to negotiate commissions with the artists, provided their skills are good enough to be paid for.

If you are interested in joining the project or simply following it, then check the development blog and forums for more information.

http://lux-iris.com/
http://forums.lux-iris.com/index.php
Sin of my sins

Re: New Fantasy Visual Novel Project: Lux Iris. Looking for

Post by Sin of my sins »

The premise seems intriguing, so I might as well follow the progress. I would offer my help, if I wasn't so poor at fiction and didn't have my artistic capabilities limited to old-fashioned drawing on a sheet of paper. Good luck with your project, hope it turns out well.
Magic

Post by Magic »

Thank you for your encouragement. I, like the rest of the current team, am fully committed to seeing it through.

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people who expressed interest in joining, even though I think I advertised at all the wrong places.
gekiganwing

Post by gekiganwing »

I saw your post on Lemma Soft first. Thank you for asking the community for support. If you ever have trouble with writing, organization, or debugging, then please make sure to ask for help.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

I also like this, I would probably help out with programming if I wasn't already trying to make my own fan game.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

What exactly do you mean by "Hard fantasy"?
Not Dead Yet
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.