Lilly's "Good" ending [SPOILER]

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sauron774

Lilly's "Good" ending [SPOILER]

Post by Sauron774 »

I recently finished Lilly's route with the good ending. It was definetely the route which made me feel the most, I couldn't help to shed a few manly tears, but the ending made me think of a somewhat disturbing hypothesis:

What if, when you have the heart attack you never really wake up and you just dream in a coma that Lilly comes back and that you go back to school to share your entire future together, what if, Lilly somehow managed to leave the music box to you, and the music that played made you unconsciously imagine a bright future with her while you were asleep in the hospital.

I just want the good ending to be true, but i can't help thinking all of this, just tell me your opinions on the topic
zanger

Re: Lilly's "Good" ending [SPOILER]

Post by zanger »

Interesting theory but is there really any reason to presume an Inception-like ending?
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
Logan812

Post by Logan812 »

That conclusion doesn't even make since to me in the first place. For one, why would Lilly leave the music box and not even stick around to have conversation?
Favorite Routes in Order: Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune
Favorite Characters: Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin > Emi
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Doubt it, Hisao would probably get a heart attack while imagining this. Just my counter-theory.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Sauron774

Post by Sauron774 »

It's just the fact that everything seems like a perfect dream, the fact that the second you wake up Lilly appears in front of you, the fact that you end up sharing an apparent perfect future together as a couple, it just seems too perfect, maybe i'm being a little pesimistic, but it is a though i can't evade. Also, weren't they at the last year of High School at Yamaku? Why they got back to studying there if they needed to go to College?

I DON'T know if I am right at this because i don't know how many years do you study in high schools in Japan but i though it was the last year for them...
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Sauron774 wrote:It's just the fact that everything seems like a perfect dream, the fact that the second you wake up Lilly appears in front of you, the fact that you end up sharing an apparent perfect future together as a couple, it just seems too perfect, maybe i'm being a little pesimistic, but it is a though i can't evade. Also, weren't they at the last year of High School at Yamaku? Why they got back to studying there if they needed to go to College?
This was explained in another topic of mine.

Japan has school differently, You start in January, Have Summer Break, and finish the school year at the winter semester.

I think...
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Maybe Lilly's entire route (and by extension, probably the whole game) is a dream.
It would explain why she's such a mary sue
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

It's like solipsism (a kind of sandbox philosophy philosophers use, where the theory is that the only thing that is real is "you"). It's obviously silly and not true... I just can't remember why exactly.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

There is no more reason to think Lilly's ending is a dream than there is to think the end of Inception was a dream, or that all of real life is a dream. Which is to say, it's theoretically possible, but there's absolutely no evidence supporting it.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

It's like trying to disprove the existence of the halocaust (FYI: people do that, pisses me off as a history buff)
MY CODE:
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Personally, I believe that if the writer(s) really intended to make it appear as if he was dreaming, they would have shown him waking up at the end, and most likely made that the bad ending as well. Although this does make me think of a question i'd like to ask. Does anyone ever feel like they're literally just watching a really long movie? Like your just being held captive somewhere watching your life unfold before you? Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually doing the things that I do, or I'm just watching and experiencing these things being done. I know its an abstract idea, and that I probably sound as if I'm under the influence, but I've always wondered.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Dude, this isn't mst3k!
It always feels like a story to me, though the voice acting in my head is excellent.
MY CODE:
V_nce

Post by V_nce »

Sauron774 wrote:What if, when you have the heart attack you never really wake up and you just dream in a coma that Lilly comes back and that you go back to school to share your entire future together, what if, Lilly somehow managed to leave the music box to you, and the music that played made you unconsciously imagine a bright future with her while you were asleep in the hospital.
That would pretty much be a bad ending, right? Besides, there are no hints in the story about whether the after-hospital experience is true or not, so no, its all real.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

ShadeHaven wrote:Personally, I believe that if the writer(s) really intended to make it appear as if he was dreaming, they would have shown him waking up at the end, and most likely made that the bad ending as well. Although this does make me think of a question i'd like to ask. Does anyone ever feel like they're literally just watching a really long movie? Like your just being held captive somewhere watching your life unfold before you? Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually doing the things that I do, or I'm just watching and experiencing these things being done. I know its an abstract idea, and that I probably sound as if I'm under the influence, but I've always wondered.
Nah. The screens are too wide to be a movie. Unless they make movies with really wide and arched screens in whatever time and place you're in.

I follow ya though.

Sometimes I think an angel is looking through my eye sockets like I was one of those coin-operated binoculars you can find at sightseeing attractions. I'm still here, I'm not the angel, but I feel like he's using me to look at... something.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Alexbond45 wrote: This was explained in another topic of mine.

Japan has school differently, You start in January, Have Summer Break, and finish the school year at the winter semester.

I think...
Not quite. Starts in April, ends in March.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.