VGTribune's Game Of The Month January

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Uliana

VGTribune's Game Of The Month January

Post by Uliana »

GOTM January: Katawa Shoujo

Saw this today, and seeing what it had to contend against blew my mind. Congratulations guys :D
encrypted12345

Re: VGTribune's Game Of The Month January

Post by encrypted12345 »

There seems to be a minor flamewar in the comments. The Katawa Shoujo fans are winning. :lol:
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Congrats guys. You are indeed awesome.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

encrypted12345 wrote:There seems to be a minor flamewar in the comments. The Katawa Shoujo fans are winning. :lol:
It's to be expected. I mean I enjoyed Katawa Shoujo as much as the next person here but the key aspect of a game is the gameplay, something which KS lacks severely and I am sure that compared to the other games out this month it wasn't a winner. Still I disagree with all those people saying "Katawa Shoujo isn't a game" or "You have shit taste" and they are really just showing their idiocy.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

I read it and posted a reply. I've never been to that site before, though, so does posting a reply make it more popular on the site? o-O If so, everyone should say something and show their support, perhaps even mention the forums. If enough people see that Katawa Shoujo is being supported so much, they may try it out and come to the forums, and we could expand our community even more.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

This is really history you guys are making. Never before any VN got recognition like this in the western world.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Whoa. And here I thought no reviewer would touch this game with a 10-foot pole. Granted, this isn't one of the Big Guys, and it's only a monthly award, but it's still more than I thought this game had any fair chance of. Good job, 4LS.