Shizune's path's choices

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Vilis

Shizune's path's choices

Post by Vilis »

I just finished the good ending and noticed this: was there seriously only ONE choice in it? As far as I remember, you can only select whether to comfort Misha or not.

Re: Shizune's path's choices

Post by Guest »

Yep. It's quite symbolic, given how in control Shizune needs to be of her own life (and her relationships), that the only choice that comes up is when Misha and Hisao are alone in a room together and Shizune's not around.

However, given that in the other routes, the last choice (or last two choices) are the only "important" ones to getting an ending as well, it's not all that bad.
Vilis

Post by Vilis »

Haha, I guess it is. I didn't think of it that way.
DeleV

Post by DeleV »

Shizune was the first path I did and to be honest, I didn't really notice the lack of choices. And I cursed the one that I did for giving me one that was impossible to choose from. Although I have to admit that it brought one of only two memorable bad ends.

In hindsight, apart from being appropriate for Shizune, I think choice was not really an option for this story. In other stories choices worked when they represented the attitude of Hisao towards the main character. But since Shizune's story revolved more around other aspects of the characters, choices would probably only have stood in the way. In fact, there were a few choices in other paths that did nothing for the story and only really broke my concentration while reading.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

DeleV wrote:Shizune was the first path I did and to be honest, I didn't really notice the lack of choices.
I also found it strange. I took Shizune's route, then Lily's as the last one and only noticed Shizune's had one choice when I consulted flowchart, looking for this pesky "slow recovery" scene needed for 100% completion.
The writing must be too absorbing, i guess.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
uwa

Post by uwa »

Guest wrote:However, given that in the other routes, the last choice (or last two choices) are the only "important" ones to getting an ending as well, it's not all that bad.
In Lilly's path there's one choice in each act that must be answered corrected to get the good ending, and there's a bunch of unimportant ones in-between. So that's not really true.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly