Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

machopacho wrote:how did you come up with Rin as a character?
Someone else came up with the "artistic, hard to understand", characterisation, I just made her what I imagined from that.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Why does it seem like only a few of the devs are active on these forums?

Don't the others like us?
Maybe they are just shy.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Zerotic

Post by Zerotic »

Where can I find the URL's for the blogs of each Developer? (The ones that have a blog that is).

Post by Guest »

If Emi likes blue then why does she never wear anything blue?

I thought she was going to say it was green, given that's what colour her casual attire is.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Guest wrote:If Emi likes blue then why does she never wear anything blue?

I thought she was going to say it was green, given that's what colour her casual attire is.
My favourite colour is blue, but I'm not wearing blue.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Rivin wrote:This might've been asked before, but still..

What advice would you guys give to a team making a VN?

A team and I are currently creating a Mecha/War VN right now and although we are making some very good progress, we would kill for some tips/advice from a team as talented as 4LS. Please, please, impart your wisdom upon us!
There are no real tricks that I could explain in a couple of words, plus it's not like I know whether you are complete beginners or what. One thing that's a pretty common problem is that inexperienced creators don't have their goal clearly defined. If you don't know what you actually are doing, or what you want to do, makes it really hard to focus your efforts. There's no such thing as overplanning (there is, but only certain kinds of people ever do it). If you have a goal and a realistic perspective on your own capabilities and work, the path is already laid out before you. After that it's just up to being persistent enough to follow it.

Post by Guest »

Suriko wrote:
Guest wrote:If Emi likes blue then why does she never wear anything blue?

My favourite colour is blue, but I'm not wearing blue.
Fair enough. It's just that I don't remember seeing her with anything blue.

Are there any Hi-res wallpapers of Emi? Looking at her makes me happy... as long as I stay out of the /a/ threads.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ultrarare wrote:I know this is a hard-to-answer question (or maybe impossible), but what do you think kept 4LS together this entire time? I've seen a lot of internet projects come and go, but I rarely every see them come to complete fruition, especially on this sort of scale and professional quality. It must have taken an unshakable level or willpower and devotion.
Often projects like these dissolve because the creators lose interest or motivation, or both. I think we always had quite a bit of passion for making a VN, I mean we really think it's an interesting medium, and we often think and talk about them on a much more general level than what's pertinent to the KS project. I wouldn't have found working on a, say, fighting game project nearly as interesting as working on a VN project. Motivation is another thing, we had a lot of motivation from many sources. Doing things other than just working together definitely helped our sense of unity (which of course grew over time otherwise as well). which was a very strong source of motivation. The popularity of the project was certainly a factor as well in motivating us.

These are just two perspectives on what made us pull it off, there are many more reasons I'm sure.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Hello! love all the work you guys do :)
what was the original date to release KS?
"Sometime in 2011"

Post by Guest »

Is there any significance to the English text on the music box lid or are they just kind of there for decoration? I see that they seem to be song titles from the Bambi soundtrack.

'Love is a Song
I Bring You a Song
Let's Sing a Gay Little Spring Song'
vAnon

Post by vAnon »

What do you think it would take to inspire 4LS to do it 'all over again'? And on that note, do you throw around character ideas or VN concepts amongst yourselves alot? Not necessarily for the purpose of actually making them, but just for the fun of it? I mean, in the end, you might inadvertently end up with another 'RAITA' concept, as it were.

And though some of you seem reluctant to put KS on your résumé, I just wanted to add that it really isn't any less tasteful or more explicit than what you see in the recent bioware games (don't take this the wrong way, I know surpassing hamburger helper isn't a very high standard. It's just that the 'taboo' around nudity and sexuality in games has lessened quite a bit over the recent years.).
Imma rub mah cum in yo burnscars!
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Before the final version was released, when was the most recent change made?

Post by Guest »

Does Emi end up running at the paralympics?

I think she'd do well :)
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Devs- who is your favorite character besides the one you mainly worked on?
kidlat020

Post by kidlat020 »

this wasn't definitely asked before. I've used the search but to no avail.

Why beige color?