Shizune

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CowPrint

Shizune

Post by CowPrint »

I turned out liking her a lot more then I thought I would after doing her path, and comparing to others. I'm overall very pleased with her path, although there were a lot of things that I would've changed personally, but that's just me. She could might as well be my favorite heroine in the game which for me was weird, as I thought I would like Rin or Hanako more. Don't get me wrong, I love ALL of the characters, But out of all the paths I've done, Shizune is my favorite for some unexplainable reason. I guess I just liked her serious, yet sometimes playful attitude, and her amazing competitive spirit, as I really love girls like that.
Rivinhal

Re: Shizune

Post by Rivinhal »

CowPrint wrote:I turned out liking her a lot more then I thought I would after doing her path, and comparing to others. I'm overall very pleased with her path, although there were a lot of things that I would've changed personally, but that's just me. She could might as well be my favorite heroine in the game which for me was weird, as I thought I would like Rin or Hanako more. Don't get me wrong, I love ALL of the characters, But out of all the paths I've done, Shizune is my favorite for some unexplainable reason. I guess I just liked her serious, yet sometimes playful attitude, and her amazing competitive spirit, as I really love girls like that.
I feel similarly.. But i'm not sure either.. I feel undecisive, but only because they are all so different and stuff.. Like all the routes were great, and I felt that although her path was probably the least emotionally wrenching one by far, I still liked her at the end just as much..
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Hey, it had its moments, such as the Tanabata scene at the end of Act 2 and esp the end of Act 3 as long you don't cheat on her with Misha. I actually like her path so far, though I have yet to play any of the others. I might actually play my second fav, Hanako next to last because of how I have Act 1 set up (I am trying to be systmatic not replay any more of Act 1 than I have to to get the paths).

All in all, I am pleased with my KS experince so far.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

bradpara wrote:Hey, it had its moments, such as the Tanabata scene at the end of Act 2 and esp the end of Act 3 as long you don't cheat on her with Misha. I actually like her path so far, though I have yet to play any of the others. I might actually play my second fav, Hanako next to last because of how I have Act 1 set up (I am trying to be systmatic not replay any more of Act 1 than I have to to get the paths).

All in all, I am pleased with my KS experince so far.
Yeah I agree with this, Shizune's path had its emotional parts. I just generally really love the character.
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

Shizune's path was, IMHO, a welcome change.
It wasn't tragic. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though!

It was more innocent and cute than anything else, like how Hisao took the time to learn sign language. That was sweet.
Also, this face is adorable:

It was also funny - Jigoro himself was pretty hilarious, in addition to the Bush/Cheney 2004 sweater.

It got somewhat tragic by the end, but everyone was okay. And that's not so bad. Shizune was a welcomed relief from the seriousness.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Actually at first, i was quite lost as to i'm not sure whether is it Shizune or Misha talking.

I'm interested to try Shizune route,
but just worried about digging into strange past regarding her Freud with Lily

and i dont dare to look into the spoilers in the forum @_@
coz it will really spoil the story development.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

Snelx wrote:Actually at first, i was quite lost as to i'm not sure whether is it Shizune or Misha talking.

I'm interested to try Shizune route,
but just worried about digging into strange past regarding her Freud with Lily

and i dont dare to look into the spoilers in the forum @_@
coz it will really spoil the story development.
I had problems like that too in the beginning xD. It's actually kind of easy, I picked it up quickly actually.

Spoilers are bad!

I also expected a tiny little more from Jigoro...