Route lengths/choices

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Route lengths/choices

Post by Guest »

So I have done a hanako and lilly play through almost done with emi I believe going by the average length of the other two.

I woke up at 2 am not in any reference to a story or a route but I just woke. The entire below post is a rant without any real thought in my mind other then I really love this VN it has been well worth the hours of time I have spent in it so far. The story telling is amazing and I think you guys did an amazing job. If I had money I didn't need before I go into the service in Feb I would honestly buy a copy if you sold them. (That and with hopes the tan+tomboy girl missing her (left hand?) could be a possible route the tan skin+tomboy thing was a huge interest for a route can I get it?:D)

DEA-> think that Lilliys route felt the longest? I have not started on Rin or Shizunes route

So yeah I have also gone through and done some side picks for routes I already finished since it seems as soon as act 2 begins it is impossible to fail the route. (imo)

There is only one choice I have NOT picked out of pure fear That is when you are on Honaka's route and:
(includes some personal info) you call Lilly in Scotland but end up going with your own judgement. Rather then going with what she suggest. I believe it shortens the route but at the same time scares me because I have had girlfriends who have been like that. Its sort of a nightmare to relive it in a video game like that. Never dated a girl with a disability but have been to a few prevention centres for everything the worse being suicide watch centres.

Personal thoughts so far on routes:
I felt like the Emi route was a little loli its hard for me to go through with it if not for her responsible decisions. The whole Mother thing she has to deal with is over blown imo as I deal with far worse. (Not done with her route so you might thing I am crazy)

The Hanako route was perhaps the most terrifying as far as personal experience reflection goes. The main character reminds me of my self in a lot of ways there and handles it far more maturely when I make the decisions now. XD

The Lilly route was so far the most heart wrenching. I am also familiar to situations like it but NEVER to the capacity the main character has to go through.

Route choices discussion:
SO anyone else feel that act 1 is straight forward yet defines the rest of the game as it seems like you can't fail at a route after that point. As soon as any act 2 starts your locked into that route without fail. That both made me rest easy when I made choices and yet left me in suspense as I was expecting so many horrible endings! I have played a few dozen VN's so bad ending are common to me as I explore all possibilities.

It was also like a LOT of routes where removed in editing. I felt to many times in a number of acts chances to jump over to other routes where completely removed. That and a few chances to change route in act 1 where removed it seem as well. I started out and got "stuck" on the Emi route unintentionally. The days seemed shorter then they needed to be early on as well as very restrictive with all the skipped chances for route changes.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Route lengths/choices

Post by Mirage_GSM »

After Act 1 you are locked onto a specific girl's route, and KS was planned this way (almost?) from the start, so there shouldn't be any remnants of choices to skip paths.
You are not locked onto the good ending, though. Every path has at least one bad ending as well.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

Post by Guest »

What's the total number of endings for this game anyway?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Emi - Good and Bad End
Hanako - Good, Neutral and Bad End
Lilly - Good and Bad End
Rin - Good and 2x Bad End
Shizune - Good and Bad End
and the Manly Picnic
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
KeWano

Post by KeWano »

Well, on my first playthrough, I was seriously scared that I would accidently express my love to another girl through the choices that was given, and start over act 2 with that girl :P

I love it that you are locked on one path, but not locked to an ending until at least act 3 and forward.

EDIT: Ah, fuck it Mirage, you already edited in every possible ending :(
"I’m trying to experience. People probably don’t do this enough." -Rin Tezuka.