a certain onomatapoeia?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

X4NDR

a certain onomatapoeia?

Post by X4NDR »

well i just played through act 1 (and loved it) but apart from the good things ive heard about the game, the other thing that pushed me to play this game is contained in this image post: http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/828
everyone is referring to this certain onomatapoeia, and i thought playing through the game would lend me some insight. alas i still dont understand it. so could someone kindly elaborate? i do know what an onomatapoeia is btw.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Re: a certain onomatapoeia?

Post by Shades of gray »

Its a reference to Hisaos heart condition. more specifically the sound of someone suffering a heart attack

and as for that picture? A Certain Onomatapoeia

HHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

*to kosher* I wasnt even aware it had been banned. secondly... looking at your ava makes me hungry V_V
Last edited by Shades of gray on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Shimmie visitors used to comment moe pictures with variations of "HNNNNNNGGGGG," which is an onomatopoeia for someone(like Hisao) having a heart attack. The mods got sick of the HNNGG spam so they banned that certain onomatopoeia.

Naturally, the Mishas started replying to pictures with "a certain onomatopoeia!"
X4NDR

Post by X4NDR »

enightenment: achieved!

so THATS what theyre hinting at! i shouldve known since i HNNNGG'd at the pic when i first saw it...
well thanks for the enlightenment! really looking forward to the rest of the game.