Short Alternate Universe... I guess you can call it a scene?

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Short Alternate Universe... I guess you can call it a scene?

Post by Silentcook »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Sorry for the bump. I know it's considered bad form, and I hope you'll let that pass.
Nothing to do with the story itself, but just for the record: there is no official policy on our forums either confining all the output of one author to one thread or enforcing "one piece of writing, one thread". So, there is no bad form involved.

Concerning the story - pretty good stuff indeed. :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Minister of Gloom

Re: Short Alternate Universe... I guess you can call it a sc

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Work has begun on yet another scene, this time focusing, naturally enough, on Rin and/or Emi. It's all still in the concept level, but that's better than nothing.
Also, my dubious writing style notwithstanding, as far as the characters themselves go, is there anyone in particular you liked in one of the two last stories? why? I figured some criticism there should help me write some better ones into the next story. (plus, if I ever feel like writing more than one scene for each character, it may be useful to know which ones are more worth focusing on...)
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, I didn't really like your version of Shizune - even less than the version in the original VN.
I just can't stand that kind of self-destructive behaviour...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, I didn't really like your version of Shizune - even less than the version in the original VN.
I just can't stand that kind of self-destructive behaviour...
That was the intention, in a way. I wanted the readers to feel a bit like Hisao is feeling, a head-of-desk kind of frustration you get when you speak to someone who is being incredibly stupid and just wouldn't freaking listen. People can be like that, sometimes, especially very proud people. (or someone who acts proud but actually has a very low self esteem, and these are almost as common)
I didn't try to make her unlikeable, though. Maybe pathetic and annoying, but not unlikeable. So that's something I'll have to work on if I ever write about her again.
thanks!
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Minister of Gloom wrote:I didn't try to make her unlikeable, though. Maybe pathetic and annoying, but not unlikeable. So that's something I'll have to work on if I ever write about her again.
thanks!
I don't think you could've prevented Mirage's dislike of alter-Shizune, based on what he said. For what it's worth, I don't think you have to tweak the character at all. It's a pretty solid one, even if slightly on a suicidal course ">_>
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune