A Different Perspective

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Aelexe

A Different Perspective

Post by Aelexe »

We all have those moments, towards the darker portions of the night where our thoughts are permitted to go a little hazy.
As the fabric of the world itself begins to dim around us, we further slip into the inevitable routine of sleepiness as is custom of such an obscene hour.

We begin to question the meaning of it all. Our existence, our lifes, our relations. How substantial is it all, and where do I fit into it?
Such is the limitation of living the confines of a single conscience, that you will only ever know what you are able to experience.
The possibility sets in that perhaps, you are the only player in what could be a virtual reality, and that those faces you pass within the street are not real at all.

As sleep takes over you, such foolish notions are quickly swept away, to perhaps be laughed at once you awake and written up as amusements brought on by your exaustion.
And that is where the similarities between you and I end.

I wake every day with the exact opposite of such an idea in mind. The possibility that my world may be a virtual reality, but that I am not the player of it.

I walk the halls of Yamaku as does every student, but with no set destination. I feel I am forever trapped in a limbo of transition with no set motive or aim.
I know not what day it is, nor the time of it, and that I could simply exist as decor upon the world.

In my time of existence that I have begun to doubt, I have observed many events occuring around me. They seem to vary in the ranges of excitement,
from a simple conversation between two friends, to an injury caused by a head long collision by a careless runner.
Multiple events of these natures exist around me, and they all share one grave trait:
None of them involve me.

To whoever out there that this worlds focus belongs to, exist to your fullest potential.
Because whilst you do, I shall ever be here, the faceless mannequin amongst many, the back drop to your adventures.

I am NPC. I have no story.
Last edited by Aelexe on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldilurks

Re: A Different Perspective

Post by Goldilurks »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Impressive. That's all I can say.
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
3-----------------20

Post by 3-----------------20 »

Hey, how much experience do I get for killing that high school student?
"...rest assured that Katawa Shoujo will be released in 2011."
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I enjoyed it, but maybe that last line could've used a spoiler tag. As soon as I loaded up the thread, that standalone statement caught my eye and basically summed up the whole composition before I've even read it.
Aelexe

Post by Aelexe »

Fair call, changed accordingly =D.