Reanimation (Extras plus REAL ending on page 2)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

kosherbacon

Re: Reanimation (Extras plus REAL ending on page 2)

Post by kosherbacon »

Thank you, this was one of the more satisfying things I've written. :D
TipsyRooster

Post by TipsyRooster »

kosherbacon wrote:Thank you, this was one of the more satisfying things I've written. :D
Yeah I've read some of your stuff, always great and usually comedic, but...
That was just awesome man, if I could rate boards, I'd be asking for higher numbers.
infinity/10
Cockadoodle...hic!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I'm a little bit torn on this one.

First off, normally, I'd cut stories written pre-game a bit of a break, but this one I just can't. I've seen KS stories with magic, lovecraftian demons, hate filled torture computers, suicides, homicides, time travel, and the cast joining the X-men, but rarely have I read any that feel LESS like they took place at Yamaku than this.

As for the main character, I have to give you some credit for giving him some serious character growth. He started off as a completely unlikable, angsty, self-pittying scumbag drug deal and manages to start to show some signs of redemption even if he doesn't feel like he's really becoming that much better of a person. He's less the good guy of the story and more a sympathetic monster. In a way, I kind of get Taxi Driver vibes from him.

The end stuff with the ghost felt so much more positive that it felt like another story altogether. Frankly, I enjoyed it even more than the main story. Even with the supernatural twist, it felt more like ti belonged in the KS universe. Even having your hero do such a huge turn around was nice, and the fact that it apparently took years instead of being instantaneous was much appreciated.
Not Dead Yet