Parity = LOVE

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kwopper

Parity = LOVE

Post by Kwopper »

Am I the only one here who's absolutely infatuated with Rin's theme, Parity? (And Rin herself, of course!)
There's just something about the subtle energy and driving quirkiness that allows me to listen to this track on loop forever.

I've been thinking about doing an acoustic guitar cover, however challenging it may be...
ContinualNaba

Re: Parity = LOVE

Post by ContinualNaba »

I didn't really pay attention to Parity, but I've always had a fondness for Concrod and Painful history, although Generic Happy Music seems to be one hell of an earworm.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

An interesting coincidence, although Parity isn't really my favourite theme in the game I did do a Mario Paint Composer cover of it. It's a bit too repetitive to be my favourite, but it's got nice warm-sounding chords, while also sounding sort of cheeky. And I just like Rin alot.

Purely musically, The Student Council, Concord, Another Day are very nice themes. I also actually like the goofy bassline in Out of the Loop. I think my favourite is actually Air Guitar, though.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Parity is awesome. Rin is too.
Nyr

Post by Nyr »

If you dare make a acoustic guitar cover, you'll have to send it to me. Heck, any acoustic guitar cover of a song in KS, I'd be glad to play. ;D
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

I've been tossing the idea around of figuring out some KS songs on guitar myself (although we'll see if it ever actually happens). There's some piano sheet music here for several of the songs, which is a good place to start, even if just for the chord progressions (Parity's is C6-D7-G7-C for example).
Last edited by Csihar on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Nyr

Post by Nyr »

Obviously, I've been thinking about the same thing. Problem is, I have huge problems with hearing something and then replicating it on my guitar.

Thanks for the piano sheets, and I'll see what I can do.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I like the music a bunch, although I haven't listened to any of the latest versions.

I tried to get my mom to play Painful History, but she said it was just the same chord repeated over and over.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Indeed, it is one of the best pieces I have come across. My only problem is I can't put words to it and a lot of the others. (For a future reason + not having played my guitar in 5 years makes you forget things; its not a bike you know.)

And Notguest, I see you linked that quiz in your sig. Still didn't get who I wanted. :lol:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)

Post by Guest »

Kwopper wrote:Am I the only one here who's absolutely infatuated with Rin's theme, Parity? (And Rin herself, of course!)
There's just something about the subtle energy and driving quirkiness that allows me to listen to this track on loop forever.
Dear God yes. I downloaded the sample version off the site here and I listen to it on my ipod on a loop ALL THE TIME. Definitely an ear worm.
Kwopper

Post by Kwopper »

Guest wrote:
Kwopper wrote:Am I the only one here who's absolutely infatuated with Rin's theme, Parity? (And Rin herself, of course!)
Dear God yes. I downloaded the sample version off the site here and I listen to it on my ipod on a loop ALL THE TIME. Definitely an ear worm.
Haha, glad I'm not the only one. :)
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

I know by now it's probably a real cliche, but my favorite themes were Concord(it fits perfectly where they put it. Calm, beautiful, majestic) and Painful History(Possibly the only piece of music in the game I sometimes feel just like playing in the background while writing or reading). I am not a happy music person. Parity was nice to listen to, of course(the music in this game overall is quite positively amazing) but for me, I don't think it=LOVE. Rin does, perhaps, but not her associated piece of music.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.