Rin
44%
Shizune
11%

Total votes: 5433

Smoku

Re: Favorite girl.

Post by Smoku »

kosherbacon wrote:Insecure girls are emotionally exhausting to be with IRL. For every lovey-dovey hour, there will be four where you're walking on eggshells trying to figure out how to get them to open up to you. After a while, you'll end up wondering why the hell you still try.
That's one of the reasons I don't like Hanako so much. even on friend-level this would bug me.
White knight

Post by White knight »

kosherbacon wrote:
Maldita wrote:I would just protect her and such, and I don't think that such a relationship would be healthy for anyone involved.
Insecure girls are emotionally exhausting to be with IRL. For every lovey-dovey hour, there will be four where you're walking on eggshells trying to figure out how to get them to open up to you. After a while, you'll end up wondering why the hell you still try.
I'm sure some people like that, myself included.
White knights ftw!
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

kosherbacon wrote:Insecure girls are emotionally exhausting to be with IRL. For every lovey-dovey hour, there will be four where you're walking on eggshells trying to figure out how to get them to open up to you. After a while, you'll end up wondering why the hell you still try.
I don't know if the fact that I'm shy myself would make that easier or harder :D
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Maldita wrote:In my school, there are two girls who always hang out together. One has blonde hair, bright blue eyes and is very classy. The other has long, dark hair and is painfully shy. It appears Lilly and Hanako have clones living in Sweden, who knew, eh? :wink:
How well do they fit together?

I've never met a really shy person. I wonder if I will where I'm moving, and if there is one, it'll be my goal to try to approach him/her. Though I can see them hating me for continually trying to talk to them... Or maybe I'm just confusing shy people and misanthropes.

Although I agree it'd be annoying to be with Hanako sometimes, I still think it'd be a pretty good relationship. The biggest thing that would bug me would be that I'd have to constantly take lead of the conversation and control where it's going, and sometimes it's nice to just sit back and listen to someone talk and let them steer it wherever they'd like. I just hope she will change a little more once she becomes less shy around Hisao.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

White knight wrote:
I'm sure some people like that, myself included.
White knights ftw!
Same here... another white knight reporting in! :lol:

Honestly, I think it depends on the partner's commitment i.e some ppl would like to be the white knight, others would admire girls who stand up for themselves/their independence and some wouldn't mind living with someone w/ an all round personality despite a few weaknesses. Not that I'm saying the protector-protected relationship is the best, but it suits some ppl more than others e.g me, White knight and DESU (off the top of my head, along with others)

Also... I think the feeling of insecurity is not fully permanent, I am sure that over time (time-frame not specified), they begin to socially and emotionally open up and become stronger ppl i.e less emotionally exhausting. If you want to know what I mean, read "Thank god for Hangovers" fic by Extremist line (http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2421), focusing on the later chapters.
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Member22 wrote: Also... I think the feeling of insecurity is not fully permanent, I am sure that over time (time-frame not specified), they begin to socially and emotionally open up and become stronger ppl i.e less emotionally exhausting. If you want to know what I mean, read "Thank god for Hangovers" fic by Extremist line (http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2421), focusing on the later chapters.
Using a fanfic as an example of emotional development? Oh dear.

Anyway, I find shy and/or insecure girls attractive for some reason, but I'm fairly shy myself, so I dunno how I'd deal with a girl like that. In the best case it would be positive for both, while in the worst case neither would open up to the other and that'd be... Awkward.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Esa94 wrote:Using a fanfic as an example of emotional development? Oh dear.
The fanfic was an example that came off the top of my head, because I am a regular fanfic reader... anyways... I do agree with you, not all girls open up socially/emotionally regardless of how long you know them... but from my experience, I had a friend who was pretty much of a loner, but since meeting her and over the 4 years of high school, she became a great person to hang out with... but IDK, this may be a one-off case.
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

Eh, it's a tie between Hanako and Lilly for me.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Esa94 wrote:Anyway, I find shy and/or insecure girls attractive for some reason, but I'm fairly shy myself, so I dunno how I'd deal with a girl like that. In the best case it would be positive for both, while in the worst case neither would open up to the other and that'd be... Awkward.
If you're both extremely shy, you just won't ever talk to each other unless one will gather all it's bravery and make a move. but if you'll both wish for the other person to make the step, even dream about, etc. theeen... you won't ever talk to each other as well.
Member22 wrote:but IDK, this may be a one-off case.
I believe I developed a special case of shyness- over the years I was extremely shy. I wasn't talking to anyone. totally. anyone. Now I talk too much. But it's only with friends, even people I barely know. I'm pretty Misha- like. Buuut when I have to BEGIN to know someone... well, it's a disaster. I'm too scared to talk to anyone on a first meeting if I'm not with a friend and even if I AM with a friend, I'll mostly ignore the new met person just because of fright. I'm also scared to go talk to people if I don't have to, unless I know them in any way. Also I prefer to get to know people via media, like internet, phone (SMS only) first, then meet them inperson just not be scared.
I'm tsundere-like (tough male) on the 2nd meeting. I'm Hanako- like on the 1st meeting.
Weird, huh?
But it's allmost like beating shyness. Allmost :P
atat

Post by atat »

Run Out Groove wrote:Eh, it's a tie between Hanako and Lilly for me.
This is why I did a 'top two fav poll' because a lot of people have 2 that make the most impact.
Nixons back!!!!
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Smoku wrote:Buuut when I have to BEGIN to know someone... well, it's a disaster. I'm too scared to talk to anyone on a first meeting if I'm not with a friend and even if I AM with a friend, I'll mostly ignore the new met person just because of fright
Damn... were you there when I met my friend? This is EXACTLY what happened, when I talked to her, I was the curious one, trying to know why she was not out and about or talking with friends like most girls in my school do... it was quite hard to maintain an ongoing conversation with her, so the first few weeks were tough in terms of communicating. Although we studied with each other and partnered up during class assignments and worked together, I did the presenting etc... over time, she pretty much opened up and then I introduced her to my friends... and things just went better from there.
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

atat wrote:
Run Out Groove wrote:Eh, it's a tie between Hanako and Lilly for me.
This is why I did a 'top two fav poll' because a lot of people have 2 that make the most impact.
Well, I didn't see that when I made the post. Still voted for Hanako in this poll anyways.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Mikage-sama wrote:
Panty Supervisor wrote:Rin is actually my least favorite girl. She's cute in a certain way, but I don't really understand her. She just doesn't make sense to me. :(
I thought I might understand her character better after playing her route in Act 1, but it didn't help at all.

INFIDEL!!!
You mean Rin-fidel don't you? :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
cemex

Post by cemex »

I guess my favourite is Hanako. I took one look at her and my reaction was; DAWWW, I'm taking you home with me.

Get chance and luck
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Wow Rin totally owned the other girls in Yamaku Academy, just look at that score!
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."