Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ContinualNaba

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by ContinualNaba »

See, this is why New Zealanders are so friendly: Too uneducated to exploit the system/tourists and too stupid for any kind of cunning or manipulation. On one hand: Friendly people. On the other: Culture's whatever grows between your toes.

Americans, you think your school system is bad? AHAHAHA! Oh wait, you're serious. Allow me to laugh even harder: AHAHAHAAHAHA!!
neumanproductions wrote:
ContinualNaba wrote: Me? I think she's gonna die.
As long as I don't have to deal with another School Days issue, then I could survive that plot twist.
NICE WIG/THE HEART
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
TemporaryFile7

Post by TemporaryFile7 »

I saw a picture in the Blooper Reel thread and it hit me: Could it be possible Nomiya is Misha's grandfather and that is why Misha is at Yamaku and knows sign language? If so, I called it.

The picture is here: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t= ... &start=255
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

I believe there is the possibility that Misha actually doesn't have any sort of disability. She might just be loud and obnoxious by nature, not necessarily because of any sort of mental disorder. She might be in the school as an interpreter of Shizune because she knows sign language and is the same age as her, so they would be able to relate and get along more so than if they hired an adult to interpret for her. That's probably all there is to it.
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

I find it pretty unlikely that Misha is actually employed by the school as Shizune's interpreter. It doesn't make sense for the school to hire interpreters for every deaf student they have, and it makes even less sense for Shizune to have a personal interpreter if the other students don't. It also seems implausible for misha to be going to the school specifically to translate for Shizune since it would be akin to forcing her to attend a costly private school for the sake of her part time job. If Misha really doesn't have a disability, she is still most likely there for reasons unrelated to her translating duties. The idea that she is the daughter of a staff member, like Nomiya is more plausible.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

I never said she was employed. What I do believe is that she might be attending the school free of charge in order to interpret for Shizune. That's just my view on it, though, I just really doubt the possibility of her having a disability.
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Going to the school for free is a tad odd also since it means that she is either being paid by Shizune's parents or else the school give out scholarships to people to come be translators. I'm probably picking at the idea too much, but I am more for Misha being the translator simply because she is very close to Shizune and picked it up over time.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

Shades of Grey wrote:Going to the school for free is a tad odd also since it means that she is either being paid by Shizune's parents or else the school give out scholarships to people to come be translators. I'm probably picking at the idea too much, but I am more for Misha being the translator simply because she is very close to Shizune and picked it up over time.
Not really. Her payment for her work as an interpreter is the education at the school, but your point is just as valid.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Like Shades of Grey, I think that's unlikely, too. Even if her pay is a free education, I don't get why'd they do something like that just for her.

Maybe they met as kids and became friends then, and later Misha followed Shizune to Yamaku? Because when you think of it, it seems a bit unlikely for a loud person like Misha to be with someone who doesn't speak. True, their personalities might have just matched (both seem energetic), but there's a chance she wouldn't have noticed because of the lack of voice. Or maybe she just started translating for her since she was the one who knew sign language the best in the class and then got attached.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Scarlet Fox wrote:Maybe they met as kids and became friends then, and later Misha followed Shizune to Yamaku? Because when you think of it, it seems a bit unlikely for a loud person like Misha to be with someone who doesn't speak. True, their personalities might have just matched (both seem energetic), but there's a chance she wouldn't have noticed because of the lack of voice. Or maybe she just started translating for her since she was the one who knew sign language the best in the class and then got attached.
If memory serves, I think that Misha mentioned she first met Shizune at Yamaku.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

Extremist_Line wrote:
Scarlet Fox wrote:Maybe they met as kids and became friends then, and later Misha followed Shizune to Yamaku? Because when you think of it, it seems a bit unlikely for a loud person like Misha to be with someone who doesn't speak. True, their personalities might have just matched (both seem energetic), but there's a chance she wouldn't have noticed because of the lack of voice. Or maybe she just started translating for her since she was the one who knew sign language the best in the class and then got attached.
If memory serves, I think that Misha mentioned she first met Shizune at Yamaku.
Derp, just finished Shinzune's path, so my entire theory is blown. Shizune and Misha met at Yamaku, Misha does have a disability. Misha thought Shizune was ignoring her at first, but found out she was mute, and knew some basic sign language before hand, which would explain her difficulty to keep up with Shizune and her lack of vocabulary.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

I really should play Shizune's path.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Scarlet Fox wrote:I really should play Shizune's path.
Yes, you should. Go do that. Best ending IMO.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

lol, that's totally not possible for Misha to be employed by Yamaku.

-Hmm... We got a nice flood of deaf mutes this year, sir- said the vice principal pointing at the statistics in front of him.
-Aye...- The principal tipped his head- Weeeeell, we need some pink hairs here. Go, hire a pink hair interpreter for the most annoying deaf girl. A DRILLED pink hair at that. muahahaha.
The vice principal left the principal's office wondering where the hell will he find such a person now...

Unlikely.
Misha is a spy of the feminist conspiracy. She's in charge of recruiting new members and fooling innocent, unaware men, along with her faithful robot girl, cleverly imitating the Student Council.
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

TemporaryFile7 wrote:I saw a picture in the Blooper Reel thread and it hit me: Could it be possible Nomiya is Misha's grandfather and that is why Misha is at Yamaku and knows sign language? If so, I called it.

The picture is here: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t= ... &start=255

Glad I'm not the only one who saw the similarities between the two.
Bara

Post by Bara »

I say her disability is a "crippling" lesbian fetish for deaf, glasses wearing, student council presidents. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?