How large is the following for KS currently?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Re: How large is the following for KS currently?

Post by Suriko »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:googling "katawa shoujo" and any related variations gives some OH GOD THE HUMANITY WHY WHY WHY IS THIS DEMO SO POPULAR.
Fixed for last night's IRC shenanigans after some recent Goggling for results.
kickurface

Post by kickurface »

So the following is actually...over 9,000?

*Removes glasses dramatically* ....my god.
Jakemuska

Post by Jakemuska »

LolGoogleTrends
Finland is third...
So, how many Finns are on this forum?
Guess

Post by Guess »

This only comes to prove that there are more weeabos in Mexico that there are in Spain. Considering the number of latinamerican weaboos, it makes me wonder about the Spanish translation.
Juno

Post by Juno »

As long as the translation uses a neutral Spanish every speaker should be happy.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Atlanta, really? There must be other fans at Tech other than me...
静音是买外夫
Mr. Shine

Post by Mr. Shine »

Nice to see Sweden pulling its weight. Pleasanton seemed weird to me (having never heard of it before), but I guess it's technically part of San Francisco so that makes sense.
Juno

Post by Juno »

I really wonder why the bulk of searches come from the Asian southeast. Maybe they want it translated so badly? :P
PS. Except for Singapore. Everyone speaks English there.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Warwick wrote:Atlanta, really? There must be other fans at Tech other than me...
Well there's a good chance of one more next fall
Bara

Post by Bara »

Mr. Shine wrote:Nice to see Sweden pulling its weight. Pleasanton seemed weird to me (having never heard of it before), but I guess it's technically part of San Francisco so that makes sense.
Ahh, not that it matters at all, but Pleasanton is part of the SF Bay region, but it is in the East Bay over 2 hours travel time away and not on the peninsula with the City and County of San Francisco. (San Francisco fills the entire county. Unique local government setup in California so far as I know.) :D

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Mr. Shine

Post by Mr. Shine »

Bara wrote:
Mr. Shine wrote:Nice to see Sweden pulling its weight. Pleasanton seemed weird to me (having never heard of it before), but I guess it's technically part of San Francisco so that makes sense.
Ahh, not that it matters at all, but Pleasanton is part of the SF Bay region, but it is in the East Bay over 2 hours travel time away and not on the peninsula with the City and County of San Francisco. (San Francisco fills the entire county. Unique local government setup in California so far as I know.) :D
Heh. Never been there, was just going by what I could glean from the Wikipedia article. ;) It's sort of like Chicago, then, with all the smaller towns and suburbs that 'count' as part of the city?

Indianapolis has a similar setup, where the city occupies all of the county. There are a few hold-outs, but it's still a really big area. I'm not sure if there are any others like that in the US.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Mr. Shine wrote:Heh. Never been there, was just going by what I could glean from the Wikipedia article. ;) It's sort of like Chicago, then, with all the smaller towns and suburbs that 'count' as part of the city?

Indianapolis has a similar setup, where the city occupies all of the county. There are a few hold-outs, but it's still a really big area. I'm not sure if there are any others like that in the US.
Heh, I kind of kicked the thread sideways with my nit-picking so I guess I should not chat about local government setups. :oops:
I suspect Pleasanton, CA came up more due to a large number of commecial ISP server farms and such. You could call it "Internet Topography" or something. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
eptsquare

Post by eptsquare »

Ha! I'm from Singapore :D
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

I still think I'm the only currently active duty military member who's a KS fan. Which kinda sucks because for the past month I've been without internet helping out a humanitarian aid mission in Indonesia (due to some earthquakes) and rejoining the other ships to continuing on with the MEU. I have to say though, KS definitely helped me keep my sanity during the long hours at sea where we do nothing.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Nightdragon wrote:I still think I'm the only currently active duty military member who's a KS fan. Which kinda sucks because for the past month I've been without internet helping out a humanitarian aid mission in Indonesia (due to some earthquakes) and rejoining the other ships to continuing on with the MEU. I have to say though, KS definitely helped me keep my sanity during the long hours at sea where we do nothing.

You are not.

No, it's not me, but you are not the only serviceman who plays KS.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money