will turing off hentei ruin the flow of the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mercutio

Re: will turing off hentei ruin the flow of the game?

Post by Mercutio »

Warwick wrote:Oldie but goodie.
and one I never get tired of reading. fuckin' cool. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Vigilant

Post by Vigilant »

I'd just like to point out even if the devs don't include a cliffnotes version of the sex scenes, someone in the community can and probably will compile it. So problem solved.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Vigilant wrote:I'd just like to point out even if the devs don't include a cliffnotes version of the sex scenes, someone in the community can and probably will compile it. So problem solved.
I have to wonder how the devs stand on this 'solution'.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Vigilant wrote:I'd just like to point out even if the devs don't include a cliffnotes version of the sex scenes, someone in the community can and probably will compile it. So problem solved.
The license (publically viewable, it's stickied right there) prohibits derivative works.

So as some text file that's handed around separately? Yeah, sure, go for it.
But recompiling the game with the summaries included? No.
Vigilant

Post by Vigilant »

Suriko wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:
The license (publically viewable, it's stickied right there) prohibits derivative works.

So as some text file that's handed around separately? Yeah, sure, go for it.
But recompiling the game with the summaries included? No.
Yea I meant as some text file. The alternative would be too much work for little gain anyway. There's no *need* for the summary to be integrated into the game, so why go through the trouble?

By need I mean there's only typically 1 to a few sex scenes for a particular character in a VN, so it's not like a translation or something that needs to overwrite every line and be integrated into the game.
Last edited by Vigilant on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

I really don't understand those terms. You own the work because you wrote it and made the characters. Couldn't you give someone permission to do such a thing?
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

ubergeneral wrote:I really don't understand those terms. You own the work because you wrote it and made the characters. Couldn't you give someone permission to do such a thing?
Of course they could, but why should they?

The fact that they own the work is exactly why they shouldn't feel compelled to let people modify the game in any way.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

True enough, no one likes their hard work being aped around.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
Vasuki

Post by Vasuki »

I think most of the people who are waiting for this game are waiting for a deep, emotional story, and I'd think that most of them would be able to accept how sex fits into a romantic plot. For the few people who don't want to see the sex but still want to read the dialogue, they can figure some way around it themselves. Perhaps put a hand over their face so they can only see the bottom third of the screen where the text is? A summary option or something along those lines would be nice, but it's far from necessary.

Also, hentei? Come on OP. :(

Does it mean I'm overly anal about spelling if being the first person to point out the thread title has a misspelling bothers me?
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

I wouldn't call you anal if you had pointed it out a month ago...
Vasuki

Post by Vasuki »

Well now I feel foolish. I just replayed the demo again recently and thus got interested again, but I'm apparently not paying enough attention to dates. My apologies for failing at forums. I shall now go kill myself in shame.