Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Ask!

Post by Silentcook »

Siphonata wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:11 pm

So I know that the devs often get questions about a potential Misha and/or Kenji route(s) and also routes for some of the other minor characters but I wonder, if a route for Hisao himself were added, how would such a route play out?

Like a different VN? KS is narrated by Hisao, you can't mirror the protagonist.

Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Siphonata

Post by Siphonata »

OtakuNinja wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:09 am

So I know that the devs often get questions about a potential Misha and/or Kenji route(s) and also routes for some of the other minor characters but I wonder, if a route for Hisao himself were added, how would such a route play out?

Iwanako tried that route. Can't recommend it :lol:

It wasn't her fault that she got Hisao's bad ending (how was she supposed to know that confessing outdoors in the snow would trigger his heart condition?).

Silentcook wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:05 am

Like a different VN? KS is narrated by Hisao, you can't mirror the protagonist.

Huh. Well I'd just like to say that I like the rather subtle detail that Hisao's narration changes depending on the route.
What if Hisao survived Kenji's manly picnic, told Kenji to fuck off and ended up spending his remaining time at Yamaku Academy alone? I'm asking this because the Act 1 Bad Ending got me interested in the premise of exploring Hisao himself as a character, and his downward spiral due to his own personal problems and insecurities after rejecting the people who've shown interest in him.

"Punishment is not the answer. Punishment is easy. It's lazy. Redemption is hard. Redemption makes you work."-Skulduggery Pleasant

Siphonata's One Stop Shop: Entrance Here

HanakoRouteMod

Post by HanakoRouteMod »

do the 4ls devs check their inboxes much?

Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

HanakoRouteMod wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 pm

do the 4ls devs check their inboxes much?

I can't say I've really seen any of the devs other than SC (and myself, I guess, if you want to call me a dev) use the forums in a long time.

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

So. Welcome to the Ask! thread, 2024 edition.

In preparation for a possible influx of questions following the soon-expected Steam release of Katawa Shoujo, as as general forums hygiene, I have pruned the thread to make it less monumental and more accessible to inquiring minds.
Gone are all the banter and non-dev answers from users. Left over are all the questions asked, no matter their value, and the developer answers. The same questions may have been asked over and over and over - duplicates most definitely happen.

Remember to read the first post at the start of this thread, and enjoy.

Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I'm not sure this is the appropriate thread to ask this in, but how come the 18+ scenes were removed in the upcoming Steam release, when Steam has allowed all content except illegal stuff on their platform for many years? Is it because some characters are technically minors in western countries? I'm just curious about the thought process since I've seen far "worse" being advertised on the Steam store main page, with no actions taken.

Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

OtakuNinja wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:16 pm

Is it because some characters are technically minors in western countries? I'm just curious about the thought process since I've seen far "worse" being advertised on the Steam store main page, with no actions taken.

Yes, as far as I know.

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
A Certain Citrus

Post by A Certain Citrus »

Hey,

I have one question, which I don't think I've seen answered, and should have asked years ago:

Why do you think that KS had the effect on people that it did? Which elements and design decisions do you believe were the most crucial?

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Not the slightest idea, since the response surprised us as much as anyone else. If I had to guess, I'd say that most of KS is forthright, and that was endearing at the basic level.

MagicalMelancholy

Post by MagicalMelancholy »

Sorry if this was already asked (I tried to check but I'm not entirely sure if I used the right keywords or not). What kind of music did the music team take inspiration from?

Who cares how intoxicated I am, if it means I can dream.
Who cares how mad I become, if it means I can wake up from this nightmare.

(From Len'en ~ Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle, Scoundrel Team vs Para)

I'm not actually that depressed dw, I've just really wanted to use that as an edgy forum signature for a while and this place is actually active. He/Him and my arms hurt.