Emi in the final CG

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Deimos

Re: Emi in the final CG

Post by Deimos »

darkblade986 wrote:If you don't stand with the blades side by side (one blade slightly in front of the other), then I'm sure you could keep some kind of balance (geometry, properties of a triangle on a plane, etc etc). Otherwise, it's probably exactly like learning to balance on your own two natural legs. Once you get it down, it would become second nature. All things considered, standing on the points of those legs is the equivalent of your ankles, both in design, function, and for balancing (natural legs just have a larger surface area to plant down on).
If I am not totally mistaken the prosthetics in question are elastic ones meaning that while you may be able to stand still every little unconcscious shift in weight would result in springing because unlike a body that can suppress that action an elastic prosthetic is in the end just a physical object reacting to its surrounding forces.
Standing still would only be feasible by really standing still which is an action not many can do properly.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

Being still is theoretically impossible - your heart always beats.

Regarding those prostheitcs, it's the C-shaped bend which causes the springiness, so if you stood legs apart so that the vertex of the curve is touching the floor, you could not bounce. Of course, balancing is a different matter.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

darkblade986 wrote:
Caesius wrote:So who's gonna be the son of a bitch that makes a Rozen Maiden reference.

Desu~
Not me since I don't know what that is.

If you look carefully at Emi's stockings, you'll notice a small line across them; an outline-type line. That line is the break between the stockings covering her remaining thighs and the stockings hiding the prosthetic legs. I suppose when you use such an obnoxious combination like Dr. Seuss stripes, it's easier to overlook the fact that they're two different pieces and that one of those pieces may not be real. Don't know if that was intended by the artist in that case, but kudos for the thought process/sheer dumb luck in making it work like that.
I noticed that, but it looked like it was in the wrong place to me. It must have been my imagination.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

静音是买外夫
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Warwick wrote:More legs
I see what you did there.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

"Pamela Anderson has more prosthetics in her body than I do, and nobody calls her disabled"

A good one. Anyway, as you can see, Aimee (and Emi, who has similar kinds of prosthetics) can only be identified as legless by looking at how she moves, or close inspection of the legs.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents