Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

berserker29

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by berserker29 »

We are ranked 2,000th right now :mrgreen:

I think that means we can get individual user stats at places like hardfolding.com now
2xCPU version, 1xPS3, 1xGTX 260
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Currently have 4 work PCs running 24/7 with crap CPUs and most with intergrated GPUs, the one PC that has a dedicated GPU is too old to run the GPU client.

Work PC specs:
1) Intel 3.06 GHz CPU. Half a gig of RAM. Integrated graphicscard.
2) Intel core2duo e4500, 2.2 GHz. 1 gig of RAM. Integrated graphics card.
3) Intel 2.8 GHz. Half a gig of RAM. I don't know how this thing can support a monitor with it's chipset.
4) AMD 64, 2.4 GHz. ~750 MB RAM. An old 6150 SE Nvidia GPU (best of the lot)

Home PC with Core2Duo 2.8 GHz CPU, 3 gigs of RAM, 8800 GTX

All of my PCs running CPU clients are liable to get anywhere from 150 to a 1500 step WU, and, reguardless of size, each WU takes about 20 hours to complete. The single GPU client I am running can get about 5 WUs, which are 10 times larger, done in that time.

Also, we are ranked 2000 now.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Pickles wrote:Hmm, anyone else see a huge discrepancy between the size of CPU and GPU WUs?

The smallest and largest CPU WUs I have seen were 150 and 2500 steps, respectively. While the smallest GPU work unit I have seen was 7500 steps, and largest being 15000.
From what I read on F@H forums the different clients are being sent types of WUs that are tailored to the strength of the chip processing them. This leads to variations in the averages sizes of WU you see.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Just thought I'd point out in the log file that when it says 300 steps... it is actually 300,000 steps. The mouse over progress update takes out 3 places so the numbers stay small. The largest WU I've done was 1,500,000 steps.

I just downloaded the GPU client... and my graphics card is running at 85 degrees centigrade. Is this bad?
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

G3n0c1de wrote:and my graphics card is running at 85 degrees centigrade. Is this bad?
Nope. But you should still have RivaTuner and have your fan pumped up to 100%.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Kota

Post by Kota »

I lied about individual stats. I remember it used to be 2000 for individual stats, but I guess he's lowered it to 800 (1200 if we go up 5 ranks in some short period of time).

Bah. And here I got all excited. Well, here's where the real fight begins. Top 2000 is full of more motivated teams, even if they've died off by now.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Kota wrote:I lied about individual stats. I remember it used to be 2000 for individual stats, but I guess he's lowered it to 800 (1200 if we go up 5 ranks in some short period of time).

Bah. And here I got all excited. Well, here's where the real fight begins. Top 2000 is full of more motivated teams, even if they've died off by now.
It'll be slow, but as long as we keep folding at the same rate we should be able to hit the top 800 easily enough. Flicking through the teams 1000-2000, most of them have far lower points per day scores (Ours is 40,000, its rare to see a team with more than 20,000), so its just a matter of closing the gap.
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Those are some interesting things you say. It has motivated me to finally fix the old (emphasis in old) computer my aunt gave me and have it fold some shit!
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I scoured the internet to see if anyone has taken notice of our folding.

http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic ... abd9131451

Nothin' big, but the Tales series of games community forum apparently is trying to do some folding of their own.
DoubleL wrote:Ok, so I was going to declare the Katawa Shoujo team our rivals, because I can do that sort of stuff, but as it stands they are kicking our butts up around our ears.
This made me smile. It's nice to be noticed.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

That, my friend, is the power of SCIENCE!...... and testosterone.
I'll be happy if I ever get to beat crud, but as it stands out, that day may never come :(
38 cpl_crud 4525 5
47 abscess 3567 11
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I only have my PC on for about 6 hours a day so if you've got any devotion you'll catch up.

Also I only seem to get WUs in the realm of 900 points so it usually takes about a week to get one done. I'd set up the GPU client but I have this niggling thing in the back of my mind that the majority of discoveries made by F@H will not be medical, but commerical, like making better versions of Bio-Zet...
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Bara

Post by Bara »

cpl_crud wrote:... but I have this niggling thing in the back of my mind that the majority of discoveries made by F@H will not be medical, but commerical, like making better versions of Bio-Zet...
Not unless $tanford University gets their cut off the top. :wink:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Bara

Post by Bara »

G3n0c1de wrote:I scoured the internet to see if anyone has taken notice of our folding.

http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic ... abd9131451

Nothin' big, but the Tales series of games community forum apparently is trying to do some folding of their own.
DoubleL wrote:Ok, so I was going to declare the Katawa Shoujo team our rivals, because I can do that sort of stuff, but as it stands they are kicking our butts up around our ears.
This made me smile. It's nice to be noticed.
Whew! I'm afeared of them! They are Internet bullies kicking digital sand in our faces. :mrgreen:
Still, it is realy nice our teams example can inspire others.

We have been folding for about a month and one week and have approximately 1.1million total points for the team score. Any guesses where we will be by say, years end, for both team score and team ranking? I'm guessing at 4 to 4.5 million for the total score and maybe the high 600's for the team rank? Pretty much pulling numbers out of thin air, I know, but does anyone else think its doable?

G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Nothing isn't undoable. I wouldn't be surprised if we hit the top 300.
Kota

Post by Kota »

Not particularly impressive, but a decent enough gauge for our future "home" in the rankings.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... s=&t=79419

They're in the 800s, and only doing 10-15k PPD.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.