Newsgirls (Natsume, Naomi, and Hisao)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

AntonSlavik020

Re: Newsgirls (Natsume, Naomi, and Hisao)

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

I didn't mean for you to delete your story. Sure, I wasn't huge on the style, as I said, but I would have kept reading. I still enjoyed the characters.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Craftyatom

Re: Newsgirls (Natsume, Naomi, and Hisao)

Post by Craftyatom »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:I didn't mean for you to delete your story. Sure, I wasn't huge on the style, as I said, but I would have kept reading. I still enjoyed the characters.
I was unfortunate enough to start reading, begin enjoying it, stop reading because I had stuff to do, come back a day later, and be left hanging. I agree with Anton - your characters were doing pretty well, from what I saw of them.

I know that the forums can seem to be a very hostile environment at first glance, but two things make that not the case: 1, more people read your story than replied to your post, and many of them saw absolutely no problems with your writing - and therefore didn't say anything. 2, it's kind of the job of these readers to find what you did wrong, because we know that you've done a bunch of other stuff right. If our comments seem negative, it's because we're focusing on the things we'd like to see fixed next time instead of the things that make us want to read what happens next time, and let me tell you, there are a lot of us who would love to see what happens next.

I myself try to focus on the positive, but it's better if you recognize it yourself - If somebody comments on the tone or style of your story, then it doesn't mean you've written the story wrong; it means that you did everything else right, or else they wouldn't even be worried about the tone - they'd be worried about your spelling, or your dialogue, or your characterization.

I suppose I respect your decision to remove your work from the public light, but believe me when I say that far more good has been lost than bad.
Main route: COM(promise)
One-shots: Crafty's One-Shots (Dark Winter Sky, Dreamy, Path of Least Resistance, Project Blue Curtain, and more!)
Old poetry: Google Drive Collection