Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

ogorhan wrote:Did you guys had a idea in mind when writing the story for the girls, any inspirations that influenced how the story turned out? Why for example Rin's story would be about how to express herself & her art or Emi's about her nightmares & running, etc.
This is a slightly differently shaped "Where do you get your ideas" question, which artists and writers traditionally hate because there's no real answer that doesn't sound dismissive or hostile towards the question. I asked Neil Gaiman to write an answer for you: http://www.neilgaiman.com/p/Cool_Stuff/ ... r_ideas%3F

tl;dr. Yes, we had an idea, many ideas in fact. We made them up, out of our heads. There's no single source or simply explainable reason for most of them.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kibaro wrote:1. how do you imagined Lilly's eyes? orinetal shaped or western shaped?
2. the site keeps bugging out for me like really long loads, errors and stuff like that do you know why this is happening?
3. how much do you like chocolate from 1-10 and what kind?:D
1. Anime shaped, as depicted in the art
2. If you mean the forums, likely server troubles because I'm getting that too.
3. About 6.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

When was the last time you (devs) played all of Katawa Shoujo, start to finish?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

ArcCain wrote:When was the last time you (devs) played all of Katawa Shoujo, start to finish?
I'm going to go out on a limb and answer "never" for pretty much everyone.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

You probably should take a second look at the comments we've made of this topic. There's a pretty big difference between being self-critical and realistic and "despising your own work". Here's an example

I'd guess the actual reason for most of us not wanting to read KS is saturation. We ate and breathed KS for five years. At least I've read KS probably close to 20 times during development in total. I just don't see any point to reading it again in at least another 10 years.

Edit: indifference is not a term I'd use either. I definitely am not indifferent towards KS.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

if an anime producer were to contact you and say they want to make an anime out of KS, would you accept? im guessing it would be a mature anime, doesnt necesarily need to be full hentai all the way like some people would expect of it:P
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kibaro wrote:if an anime producer were to contact you and say they want to make an anime out of KS, would you accept? im guessing it would be a mature anime, doesnt necesarily need to be full hentai all the way like some people would expect of it:P
Almost definitely no.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Kibaro wrote:if an anime producer were to contact you and say they want to make an anime out of KS, would you accept? im guessing it would be a mature anime, doesnt necesarily need to be full hentai all the way like some people would expect of it:P
Oh goodness no. That would introduce all manner of complications--who gets paid, how much are we paid, etc., and opens the door for all sorts of lawyering (Raita could sue us, we could sue each other, people who fell off the project might want a cut, etc. etc.). Besides, as said when the subject of someone else making a sequel came up, frankly we wouldn't trust them to do it properly.
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

Happy birthday, Hanako!

Also, from there, I gotta ask. Did you based the girl's birthdays in.. anything? Or, more like, did you choose those dates for a reason or they are completely random? I'm not implying that you had a very deep reason (Like a lot of people think you should have for most trivial decisions), but I could see you at least chosing each girl zodiac sign. So, was that the case?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Kon22 wrote:Happy birthday, Hanako!

Also, from there, I gotta ask. Did you based the girl's birthdays in.. anything? Or, more like, did you choose those dates for a reason or they are completely random? I'm not implying that you had a very deep reason (Like a lot of people think you should have for most trivial decisions), but I could see you at least chosing each girl zodiac sign. So, was that the case?
I know that Hanako/Lilly (there were some swaps during development) were chosen simply so that they would fall in the game.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

The birthdays are more or less random (although by sheer coincidence, I share Hanako's birthday).
Atario

Post by Atario »

TheHivemind wrote:The birthdays are more or less random (although by sheer coincidence, I share Hanako's birthday).
Are you older or younger than her?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Rin's birthday is the date when I wrote the first text about her. Hisao's (super uncanonical) birthday is January 4th - the beginning date of KS project. Emi's was decided to be one day off Rin's. Rest are random, but chosen so that Hanako's and Lilly's fall in summer, during KS's events, and the rest do not, as crud says above.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Aura wrote:Rin's birthday is the date when I wrote the first text about her. Hisao's (super uncanonical) birthday is January 4th - the beginning date of KS project. Emi's was decided to be one day off Rin's. Rest are random, but chosen so that Hanako's and Lilly's fall in summer, during KS's events, and the rest do not, as crud says above.
Errm, 'super uncanonical'? As in symbolic but not actual? I seem to remember someone suggesting it was the other way around, 1st April, perhaps. Happy with the rest, mystified by this one… Thanks!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

Aura wrote:Hanako's and Lilly's fall in summer, during KS's events
Er—? Lilly's is Feb 7, according to her bio.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote